closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New in today

New in today

Decided at long last to go for a Sarb035, it is a present for my birthday and ordered it from Seiya last Saturday and is on my wrist this afternoon (pretty impressive!)

It fits a little tighter than i normally wear my bracelets after sizing, also it is much smaller than i am used to so it is really going to take some getting used to.

The bracelet doesn't seem to be of the quality i am used to but it is early days and i suppose it is not a chunky heavy bracelet type of watch?

I do love its simple elegant style and i am sure i will get used to a 'different' watch to what i am used to

Grand Master
    Yep Seiko know how to make nice watches.

Looks great Craig.

Cheers!

Speaking to the guy at parcelforce and he said that customs are really cracking down on watches from Japan and was surprised how quick it cleared, i am sure it is down to the accurate declaration

The 035 is a great looking watch so congratulations are in order.

Running at -1sec at the moment (early days) not too shabby

Master

Smile great size

The Sarb looks great on you, I must try one of these one day.Sounds like you had great service, regarding the bracelet what are your impressions, as I thought the Sarb range was a significant step up?

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    The Sarb looks great on you, I must try one of these one day.Sounds like you had great service, regarding the bracelet what are your impressions, as I thought the Sarb range was a significant step up?
    The service from Seiya was first class ordered online easily, prompt confirmation and tracking email and easy this end and under £300 too with costs

I have been spoilt with bracelets as my first was a Marcello C which is amazing quality, my second was the SUN019 which is very nice and substantial so this one was always going to be lighter and different due to the nature of the watch

I have no problem with the bracelet apart from the sizing, i have a 7.25" wrist and for me it is quite loose or a touch on the tight side, most would be happy with it on the tighter side but i wear loose and this is a bit too loose

Master
    That's the problem I have with bracelets on my Everest and Speedbird 3, they're either too tight or too slack :(

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    That's the problem I have with bracelets on my Everest and Speedbird 3, they're either too tight or too slack :(
    Quite frustrating! You would think all watches would be fully adjustable in this day and age really

I assume you've tried using the adjusters on the clasp?

Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    I assume you've tried using the adjusters on the clasp?
    There are two options on the clasp :(

Craftsman
    Really like that watch. They look great on leather too.

I have the black dial 033 they are tough watches to boot and 100m WR so a pretty good all round watch. Enjoy it its a nice looking watch.

It is really growing on me and if the bracelet was a little tighter id be crazy about it, makes me sad to think about letting it go though so will find a solution

Quote Originally Posted by smalltime View Post
    Really like that watch. They look great on leather too.

The other advantage of putting it on leather is that you won't have to try to adjust the stupid bracelet! I managed to FUBAR one of the tiny collars on mine.

It looks much better on a decent leather strap anyway.

Hirsch Highland, if anybody's interested. Not easy to find, but well worth the effort.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    The other advantage of putting it on leather is that you won't have to try to adjust the stupid bracelet! I managed to FUBAR one of the tiny collars on mine.

It looks much better on a decent leather strap anyway.

Hirsch Highland, if anybody's interested. Not easy to find, but well worth the effort.
    I must admit if and when, mine would go on a brown leather, that looks great.

Ive had mine on a brown Hirsh liberty a dressy black leather. The liberty makes it look nice and casual whilst the black strap turns it into a great dress watch.

Apprentice
    Great to see your post as I have been looking at these as a good everyday wear to work watch... I think that the leather strap really complements the watch and breaks up the stainless steel look, also fixes the sizing issue... Very classic.

Really not sure what to do

Bought this watch to wear on the bracelet but its just not working out and it is such a dilemma as it is such a lovely watch!

Going to try some straps but may have to be a brief affair :(