closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Home Made Modern Rolex Spring Bar Tool

Home Made Modern Rolex Spring Bar Tool

If like me, you find removing and refitting the bracelet from your modern Rolex SS model a complete pain, then here's a little something I 'made'

(of course unlike me, you might actually have the knack, access to the official Rolex tool or one of those expensive Bergeon tools)

Now, this isn't big and it isn't clever!

However FWIW....

Start with a pair of decentish spring loaded tweezers

Mount them in a soft jawed vice.

And use a dremel to grind the ends to shape

The tips need to be just wide enough to fit into the SEL cut outs, and also should terminate in a shape that can grip the shoulder ridges of the springbar.

To remove the bracelet, use the tool to compress the springbars, then holding the bracelet still, slide the watch head away from the bracelet

To refit, slide the springbar into the SEL. Compress it with the tweezers.

Next, slide the watch head to the bracelet, and remove the tension from the tweezers. Next wiggle the SEL until the springbars click into place.

Tips

Once the springbars are compressed NEVER move the bracelet, always offer the head to the bracelet
    When refitting the springbars, compress and centralise them between finger and thumb before clamping them with the tweezers
    You won't easily be able to slide the head straight onto the bracelet if they're the same height, the bracelet needs to be elevated slighty, I used a leather ipad cover.
    Nothing looks better on a ceramic sub than the original bracelet, save yourself a lot of hassle and leave it alone!

Now, I'm sure some of you have better tips, have made better tools etc, but I thought I'd post this in case it was of interest.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible for scratched lugs, lost springbars or rubbish looking strap choices

Cheers
    Adam

That's a nifty tool, but I don't see the need for it - this is a perfectly easy job, providing you have at least three hands.

That's a bit bloody clever!