closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New method of securing battery?

New method of securing battery?

I was changing the battery on a ladies Pulsar this week, when i took the case back off I noticed there was no battery in the movement, so I looked at the case back and saw this.

A closer look at the movement showed that a previous battery had been forced in crushing the spring that is meant to hold the battery in place. I can only assume that because the battery kept popping out due to the damaged spring that the person doing this thought that Blu Tack would do the job just as well.

please post pictures of bad/funny repairs you have seen.
    Last edited by animalone; 24th October 2014 at 10:47. Reason: spelling mistake

Blog Entries
    LOL, excellent.

I recently received a quartz watch that worked intermittently. The vendor told me that he had found a battery that 'fitted'. Opened it up and it was a 3V lithium battery in a watch that takes a 1.55V silver oxide. Yes, the battery was the right size.

At least with a lithium battery it complied with the postal regulations...

I think my worst wrong battery story is a watch i had about 4 years ago that came in for a change. Although the battery was the right diameter it was too deep for the case with the end result that whoever had fitted it had pushed the case back on to get it flulsh and as a result had forced the battery into the dial causing it to bend the dial and crack the painted surface.

Battery changing used to be a breeze when it had it's own compartment you could open with a coin.

Quote Originally Posted by forpetesake View Post
    Battery changing used to be a breeze when it had it's own compartment you could open with a coin.
    Suunto is still doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    Suunto is still doing it.

Thanks Possu - I'm happy to accept that as the something I have learnt today!

And Swatch

Quote Originally Posted by rob-vicar View Post
    And Swatch
    Thanks Rob - The first watch I bought my daughter was a Swatch (she insisted) ... but I do believe the battery has outlasted the watch.

The second watch I bought my daughter was a Casio retro digital (she didn't need to insist) ... she's still happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by forpetesake View Post
    Most battery changing is a breeze (admittedly with tools) I like the coin openers until someone takes a poor fitting screwdriver to the slot and wreaks it, or the clear plastic Swatches that go brittle with age. The thing i find makes it more difficult is poor handling by someone not taking care before.

That stunt with the Blu-Tac looks like the kind of thing I might pull (I'm not proud of admitting this)

Quote Originally Posted by chester View Post
    That stunt with the Blu-Tac looks like the kind of thing I might pull (I'm not proud of admitting this)
    It is not often that I LOL, but I genuinely did with that
    We all do things we are not proud of so dont feel bad about it.