closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bear Pit?

The Bear Pit?

I have seen some talk about the Bear Pit, which seems to be a sub-forum here, but I haven't been able to locate it. Wading through the FAQ didn't help me either. Could someone please point a newbie in the right direction, or is this something that requires a sufficient post count, which I do not have? By the sound of it, I'd think that some fresh fish might be wanted there...

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    I have seen some talk about the Bear Pit, which seems to be a sub-forum here, but I haven't been able to locate it. Wading through the FAQ didn't help me either. Could someone please point a newbie in the right direction, or is this something that requires a sufficient post count, which I do not have? By the sound of it, I'd think that some fresh fish might be wanted there...

Thanks.
    Its a curse that comes to all,,,,,,,,,eventually

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-forum-members

What pit?

If such a place existed it would have rules, and the first rule of **** *** would be do not talk about **** ***.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Thanks.

Possu, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    So it looks like no fresh fish to the bears then.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post

Just brilliant

That's good,

Gives you more time to polish your armour,

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stooo View Post
    What pit?

If such a place existed it would have rules, and the first rule of **** *** would be do not talk about **** ***.

It's like a large soft play area for big kids.

Be careful what you wish for.

No mystery here, just a bunch of under-sexed middle aged, middle class blokes ranting about the same old stuff day after day, with the aim of raising their own self importance, given the pretty mundane lives they lead.

Oh, and it allows them to use the 'c' word, like they are frustrated puerile public school boys.

That's good,

Gives you more time to polish your armour,

I'm used to the deep end and my armor doesn't need polishing.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post

No mystery here, just a bunch of under-sexed middle aged, middle class blokes ranting about the same old stuff day after day, with the aim of raising their own self importance, given the pretty mundane lives they lead.

Oh, and it allows them to use the 'c' word, like they are frustrated puerile public school boys.
    I believe you have just described me quite accurately.

Oh dear,,,,,shame on you, you'll put the young fella off with talk like that

Hilarious - really made me smile at work !

Probably a better description than the official one.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Banned

^^^^^ Listen to old 'hip ’n happenin’ there ^^^^^

It’s also a place where spineless morons pop in and try to tell others what they should and shouldn’t be posting.

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post

It’s also a place where spineless morons pop in and try to tell others what they should and shouldn’t be posting.
    This sounds more and more like a place for me.

'The only grammar nazi you want to see in a thread is yourself'. Lampoc should get an MBE for that thread.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Chill out grandad. Don't take the bait!

Chill out grandad. Don't take the bait!
    Woah,,,,,,,,,,man you be messin with a baaaad mother

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    Hilarious - really made me smile at work !
    Yep, it's funny cause it's true!

I'm used to the deep end and my armor doesn't need polishing.

You really aren't ready yet young Skywalker

Blog Entries

Ha ha !!! Brilliant summary!

Master
    This sounds more and more like a place for me.
    Better get posting then, 250's the magic number!

You really aren't ready yet young Skywalker
    Probably never will be, but I'm perfectly capable of humiliating myself and I don't mind if others do it too.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    Better get posting then, 250's the magic number!
    Just what I'm doing, innit? Thanks for the number, just as I guessed.

This is the perfect observation.

By the sound of it, I'd think that some fresh fish might be wanted there...Thanks.
    Fresh fish? That's Ed355d who's in charge of the fresh fish and that's for the Boys Room ..

Rod
    Last edited by Rod; 23rd October 2014 at 13:38.

Master
    Don't get too excited, it's largely a place for middle aged men (myself included) to bleat about stuff.

More negativity here than the BP itself.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Banned
    I'm fairly young, working class and have sex with myself frequently and I love the Bear Pit.

Then again, The George & Dragon tends to be filled with those who can't get through a day without asking those on a watch forum, how to do simple tasks. Oh and bitch about other parts of the forum, obviously.

It's so.. hey, don't worry about it for another 100 posts or so ;)

For those who enjoyed "Bear Pit for Dummies" , don't forget to check out "Watch Talk for Dummies" (in the bear pit again so tough luck noobs!): http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...buying-a-watch

I may do "George and Dragon for dummies - a newbies guide to getting dressed in the morning and other simple day to day tasks" next ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    For those who enjoyed "Bear Pit for Dummies" , don't forget to check out "Watch Talk for Dummies" (in the bear pit again so tough luck noobs!): http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...buying-a-watch

I may do "George and Dragon for dummies - a newbies guide to getting dressed in the morning and other simple day to day tasks" next ;)
    You promised a "SC for dummies" at the end of the BPFD. I am really looking forward to it :

Master
    I'm fairly young, working class and have sex with myself frequently and I love the Bear Pit.

Then again, The George & Dragon tends to be filled with those who can't get through a day without asking those on a watch forum, how to do simple tasks. Oh and bitch about other parts of the forum, obviously.

PMSL.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    You promised a "SC for dummies" at the end of the BPFD. I am really looking forward to it :
    Have a teaser:

Although that picture has been sat in my photobucket account for a year so probably best you don't hold your breath waiting for the rest of it. I'll get round to it at some point :)

Long overdue that Chap

Craftsman
    Have a teaser:

Although that picture has been sat in my photobucket account for a year so probably best you don't hold your breath waiting for the rest of it. I'll get round to it at some point :)
    Ha nice job

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

carry on like that and they'll be in here for a spat.

Oh wait.

Grand Master
    Bear pit used to be funny, now it's become tedious and (for the most part) purile. Do yourself a favour and stay out.

Forum would be a far nicer place without it.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Bear pit used to be funny, now it's become tedious and (for the most part) purile. Do yourself a favour and stay out.

Forum would be a far nicer place without it.

Paul
    I strongly disagree with that. The BP exists so that people can say things that will be confrontational. Sometimes it is an interesting discussion, sometimes it's tedious but most of the time it is quite funny.

Remove the BP, and those discussions will be all over. Much more pleasant for people like you to decide not to go to the BP and enjoy the rest of the forum.

I guess I'll have to decide for myself later. I agree with Saint-Just. I'm active on another forum, where there's a similar system in use. It's pretty entertaining sometimes, but nobody would want that s**te all over the forum. Best to contain it somewhere.

The thing I most like about this place, is the fact that there are some actual conversations with differing opinions here. I have grown a little tired of TimeZone's backpatting and lack of criticism. Of course it's bad form to vent your feelings in a thread where someone happily presents a new acquisition, but otherwise it's good to see both sides of the coin. And while I'm not personally capable of it, I quite enjoy the eloquence of some members here.

it's essentially an area where a self appointed deity roams without question,spouting abuse about other forum members who dare to sell anything other than a watch on the SC however, being of a higher supernatural being they feel they have the right to post said "other" items without question and then post ridiculous sets of rules why they can't be questioned.

one thing though, make sure that your spelling is top notch all the time otherwise the grammar nazi is waiting to rule with an iron IPad with autocorrect!!

Have fun.

FFF

Have a teaser:

Can I withdraw the sale of my Rolex Submariner please? I like the red bits!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Can I withdraw the sale of my Rolex Submariner please? I like the red bits!
    Pants,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I was about to PM you

Banned
    Bear pit used to be funny, now it's become tedious
    Watch Talk used to be really informative, now it's full of part time repairers, touting for business. Not until next May though, of course.

Bear pit used to be funny, now it's become tedious and (for the most part) purile. Do yourself a favour and stay out. Forum would be a far nicer place without it.
    Easy enough to ignore it, of course.

Mind you, it is a shadow of its former self. The rot set in when Griff locked himself in his bunker in 2010. I'm hoping he'll be back next year when Miliband's in Number 10.

Cat muck Glenny lad........

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Easy enough to ignore it, of course.

Mind you, it is a shadow of its former self. The rot set in when Griff locked himself in his bunker in 2010. I'm hoping he'll be back next year when Miliband's in Number 10.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Oh those Friday nights!

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post

Your head-to-heads were entertaining.

The BP used to attract interesting posts (cf. horrovac and IANAN - with the exception of a few memorable meltdowns).

Now it's coarser (that's a trend across all media, not just online) - easy to reverse with a few more rules but that might result in blander content and ultimately membership attrition.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Watch Talk used to be really informative, now it's full of part time repairers, touting for business. Not until next May though, of course.
    this made me laugh,

I love the Bear Pit, nothing better than a few glasses of Vino on a Friday night, and heading in there. It's like that old pub, you swear you will never go back into because of the trouble, but in the end it serves a cracking pint.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Oh those Friday nights!
    Kim Il Griff in drink was a thing of joy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    this made me laugh,

I love the Bear Pit, nothing better than a few glasses of Vino EVERY night, and heading in there. It's like that old pub, you swear you will never go back into because of the trouble, but in the end it serves a cracking pint.
    There, I fixed that for you as I feel it is more representative of what actually happens, especially where you are concerned ;-)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerboy View Post
    There, I fixed that for you as I feel it is more representative of what actually happens, especially where you are concerned ;-)
    only on the weekends dear fellow, my days of being a drunken bum during the week are over

that's what having kids does,