closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hanhart 417 Bund

Hanhart 417 Bund

Just added this to the collection. Haven't added any to the collection for a while and I just got the crazy idea to go on the hunt for one of these. Hay it was good enough for Steve McQueen it's good enough for me. Mite be a while until I add another watch to the collection. From what I read they only made 500 of these around 1957 for the German Air Force my second Bund also got a Heuer both of these are fly back chronographs.

Hanhart 417 Bund

Hi,
    this is a 417E Model with NSN 12-121-5208 on the back and it has got a plated case. The 417ES (Edelstahl) has got the NSN 12-120-4858 and a Stainless Steel case.

The number of produced 417ES vary from 500 to 1000 (Luftwaffe and Civil) and Steve McQueen wore one of the rare ones. The plated ones are produced in much higher number.

Hanhart was delivering a large number of 417ES in a slightly different case and modified movement to the French Air Force under the name Vixa. A distinguish mark is the missing shock absorber. There is one movement offered in Ebay at the moment.

Here you can see the differences between the plated and the stainless steel case

Best regards

Felix
    Last edited by EDNX; 24th October 2014 at 23:19.

a beaut. you seem to have one too many I will pm you my address and gladly pay postage to relieve you of that situation

always lusted after the Urofa and 1st moscow watch factory ones....

Here is a better shot of the patina of the dial and hands. From it's trip from Germany to the USA it needed to get regulated took it to my local watchmaker and had him regulate it was loosing 13 seconds a days now it's about spot on.

Good wrist presence

Issue marks

The last two photo's are the sellers the movement is in great shape

Steve McQueen wearing a Hanhart 417

Something a bit older

Lovely Hanharts gents. I really love these watches. IMHO it’s one of the best chronograph designs of all time. Plus the fact that I love issued chronographs made this watch a must have for me.

I do like my watches to be stainless steel which would mean the 417ES would suite me most. Of course I don’t mind McQueen owned one but I don’t really care about it as well. I do hate the Famous Person Premium for vintage nowadays (this Nina Rindt thing is really hilarious). I therefore decided to go for the Vixa Type 20. The same watch for most part, issued to the French instead of the German which is fine by me but with one drawback (as mentioned by Felix): no Incabloc (plus-point however is the service history on the caseback). Kinda strange that a military watch isn’t shockproof but mine has served for 30 years (1954-1984, based on the service log on the back) so altogether it shouldn’t be too vulnerable as well.

I believe the plated case has reference 417 instead of 417E by the way? Either way, enjoy your watch!!

Nice WW2 Hanhart and Vixa

Journeyman

Hanhart

Congrats on your lovely Hanhart-awesome watch

Hanhart 417 Bund

This one is a Relict of the very early GDR and delivered 1949 to MdI.
    Last edited by EDNX; 7th November 2014 at 09:54.

That is a handsome watch. Nice addition to your collection.

Quote Originally Posted by EDNX View Post

This one is a Relict of the very early GDR and delivered 1949 to MdI.
    It is almost as if your personal watch is the inspiration for the reissue that Hanhart did a few years ago. I have not seen one that looks so close to my modern Hanhart as your watch, especially the huge crown and pushers.

I would love to get a 417 or Vixa someday, they are very handsome watches.

I like your photo very much! I had the chance to visit Hanhart in Guetenbach. I met some of the guys who made the re-edition possible. I think that they did a very good job and the re-edition is very close to original.

There are some differences like the bicompax. Due to the layout of the 7750 the compax are more close to the center in comparison to Cal. 40/41. There has never been a "15" or "45" on the minutes on the outside of the dial. The lugs are more strong because it was cut out from one stainless steel piece. The lugs of the plated original are soldered. And of course or pity the 7760 has no flyback.

The 417ES is the best Vintage Hanhart for wearing, because of the better material like steel case and post-war movement.

My re-edition is worn a lot more than this old brother from 1943;)

Last edited by EDNX; 10th November 2014 at 20:30.

I like your photo very much!
    Haha, I just copied your photo. :)

I had not noticed the subdial spacing until you pointed it out. The photo of them side by side is very enlightening and helps to highlight what a nice job they did recreating the watch. That's a great looking pair of watches you have there.

Master
    I like your photo very much! I had the chance to visit Hanhart in Guetenbach. I met some of the guys who made the re-edition possible. I think that they did a very good job and the re-edition is very close to original.

There are some differences like the bicompax. Due to the layout of the 7750 the compax are more close to the center in comparison to Cal. 40/41. There has never been a "15" or "45" on the minutes on the outside of the dial. The lugs are more strong because it was cut out from one stainless steel piece. The lugs of the plated original are soldered. And of course or pity the 7760 has no flyback.

The 417ES is the best Vintage Hanhart for wearing, because of the better material like steel case and post-war movement.

My re-edition is worn a lot more than this old brother from 1943;)

I just love the asymmetric pushers thing going on with these ... absolute class.

Around 1940 appeared the first Luftwaffe watches like this one here, a Cal. 40.

Jimmy, the South African is really a Beauty.

and I am thankful to have got it?

Great catch! One of my favorite watches.

This is my latetst purchase: a 1943 cal. 41.

Enjoy!!

Best! Glenn

119... could be also a post-war model. A view on the movement will give the answer.

Looks great - really!

what strap have you got there - one of those long ones with double layer and roller buckle?

/L

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn-BE View Post
    Great catch! One of my favorite watches.

This is my latetst purchase: a 1943 cal. 41.

I have seen another one with a 119 number that is defined as 1943 by a respected collector. But I would like to read your thoughts! :-)

Best! Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by longbear View Post
    Looks great - really!

what strap have you got there - one of those long ones with double layer and roller buckle?

/L
    Thanks!

I got the strap from EBay. Not the best quality you can get. But it's a fair price and looks very cool!

Yevgen62 has them for sale. Good luck!

Best! Glenn

Hanhart 417 Bund

Hi, the movement has the old Layout and so the watch is WWII. There are no more documents because everything was destroyed in the last days of war.

I once bought one of these straps and they forced me to get my straps tailor-made like the Originals. I do not like this straps from ebay and they do not fit to the Hanhart or Tutima Chronographs.

Hi, the movement has the old Layout and so the watch is WWII. There are no more documents because everything was destroyed in the last days of war.

I once bought one of these straps and they forced me to get my straps tailor-made like the Originals. I do not like this straps from ebay and they do not fit to the Hanhart or Tutima Chronographs.
    Who made those straps for you? Frank Roesky?

Best! Glenn

These straps come from a very good friend in Italy and he did them as a favour I got black and red-brown.

Last edited by EDNX; 18th November 2014 at 14:42.