closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advice on a strap for an Omega Railmaster

Master

Advice on a strap for an Omega Railmaster

hi
    I've got a Railmaster who's original strap is coming to the end of its life. I'd quite like to upgrade to an alligator strap but wouldn't mind some thoughts on:
    - is alligator worth the extra money vs normal leather?
    - also given I have an Omega deployment clasp most of the straps I see come with buckles which are no good for me, where should I be looking for a good value strap?

Any help gratefully appreciated
    Thanks
    David

Try:

https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/watch-straps

You'll need to set up an account, and declare that you're a business. All of their sales are on a business-to-business basis, so you're not covered by consumer law - good luck if you want to return anything!

But they sell genuine Omega straps, or their own "Bellini" straps.

Otherwise, somewhere like Watch Obsession for a Hirsch. Beware - if your Railmaster is the 42mm, then it will have 21mm lugs, which limits the range of straps available.

Master
    Thanks very much for the advice. I think I will play it safe and stick to Hirsch as I've seen a number of good reviews about their straps

Good selection of Hirsch here , I've used them a few times and they are reliable and usually fairly speedy with delivery.
    F.T.F.A.

The Cousins Bellini strap is very nice and unlike Hirsch straps it is made for the Omega deployant (longer on the buckle end and no keepers).

Master
    Thanks very much, that's a very nice looking strap

Master
    If you didnt fancy alligator/crocodile style then I've been really impressed with the Hirsch Lucca's ( golden and dark brown would suit ).

£50 or thereabouts for a cheaper option that you could use on another watch too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post
    If you didnt fancy alligator/crocodile style then I've been really impressed with the Hirsch Lucca's ( golden and dark brown would suit ).

£50 or thereabouts for a cheaper option that you could use on another watch too.
    Hi thanks for your response. I'm not 100% fixed on alligator/crocodile. The Railmaster is the closest thing I've got to a dress watch so I'd like it to look as smart/premium as possible, therefore I'd jumped to thinking gator was the way to go. If there's a calf leather option that looks good then I'm up for it, especially as the prices of any strap look remarkably high for the amount of leather you get (compared to something like shoes!!)

I am assuming you have the Omega deployant? If so you need to get a strap made specifically for it, otherwise the deployant will be centered on the bottom of your wrist and will be uncomfortable. The buckle (12 o'clock) side of the strap needs to be longer so it will sit correctly. I've tried it with a Hirsch and in addition to having to cut the keeper off the strap making it useless for any other watches the deployant sits too far to the side making it uncomfortable.

The Omega OEM straps are great but somewhat overpriced. If you can go calf I've got a couple of Bob straps made for the Omega deployant from an ebay seller in Germany that are comfortable and look great. Only about $40. Pardon the lousy photo!

EDIT: Here is the strap. You'll need the 18mm deployant to make this one work on a Railmaster. If you have the 16mm deployant it will not work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOB-Marino-S...item4626ddaacc
    Last edited by Saxon007; 25th October 2014 at 18:19.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    I am assuming you have the Omega deployant? If so you need to get a strap made specifically for it, otherwise the deployant will be centered on the bottom of your wrist and will be uncomfortable. The buckle (12 o'clock) side of the strap needs to be longer so it will sit correctly. I've tried it with a Hirsch and in addition to having to cut the keeper off the strap making it useless for any other watches the deployant sits too far to the side making it uncomfortable.

The Omega OEM straps are great but somewhat overpriced. If you can go calf I've got a couple of Bob straps made for the Omega deployant from an ebay seller in Germany that are comfortable and look great. Only about $40. Pardon the lousy photo!

EDIT: Here is the strap. You'll need the 18mm deployant to make this one work on a Railmaster. If you have the 16mm deployant it will not work.

Hi I do have an Omega deployant so I think you're saying that Hirsch wouldn't be a viable solution ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOB-Marino-S...item4626ddaacc