closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: If your watch collection was a football team?...

If your watch collection was a football team?...

How would they get on? League? Position?

My collection on a limited budget with no 'big names' would in my eyes be punching above their weight in the top half of division 2 with aspirations of promotion

Honest dependable seiko models ever present in the squad and although crowd favourites know their level,

SARB035 attacking midfielder no nonsense yet elegant performer occasionally surprises the opposition with a world class defence splitting pass that is reminiscent of a world class player (see what i did there)

SUN019 solid dependable lump in defence that will never let you down and with very little training will slot into the side on a saturday afternoon and slot into his role with no drama, does his job no matter what

The rugged german centre forward with that little bit of flair (marcello C tridente) does everything well enough but will never make the big time always compared to the greats but missing that 'something' adored by the supporters and true quality

Oris BC3 advanced day date, talented winger takes hard challenges and never injured (thats the DLC coating) always got a new pair of gawdy boots on and certainly a favourite with the female fans

Finally a few mediocre squad players (eco drives, dress watches) no ambition often forgotten but do a job week in week out

I am looking forward to managing this team to the premier league with countless transfer windows and substantial investment over the coming years, this squad will always be remembered though

Looking forward to hearing your teams and maybe even a few members could have a game?

One final question....have i got too much time on my hands?

Blog Entries
    Mine would be Man City.

A flurry of big spending to estblish credible team, with some top performers.
    The odd enigmatic star arriving - only to depart because he didn't fit in with the test of team.
    Then scuppered by financial fair play rules - so fewer recent transfers... & crap in europe...

...Hang on that's just City not the watches.

z

I would love to join in but know nothing about football, or sport in general for that matter

Now if we were comparing watches to musical theatre................

Master
    Scottish Championship.

Solid G-shock in goal, but easily distracted due to complexity.
    Robust at the back with Fortis B42 cosmo and Longines Hydroconquest proving a decent pairing.
    Steinhart Nav B on the left wing, and the classy IWC Pilot Chrono that divides opinion on the right wing (see what I did there). Neither of them are any good in the rain though.
    Centre of the park we have the play maker Bulova Precisionist chrono. Versatile player who surprisingly can also fill in as sweeper! Won't command a high price on transfer market though.
    Up front we have the nimble Tag Heuer Kirium playing off the solid Ball EMII... Watch them in the box as both have been known to dive. Ball EMII prefers evening games.
    Last edited by gorrie; 21st October 2014 at 22:02.

Mid table mediocrity.

Craftsman
    Accrington Stanley!

Banned
    Arsenal, a poor manger and always ends up selling their top striker to the rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    Arsenal, a poor manger and always ends up selling their top striker to the rivals.
    Whos the lucky one who got cesc?

Barnsley
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    I believe Walcott is currently in the SC, I have my eye on that one.

Better than Man Utd...

M.

A load of old tat no one else wants, some homemade pieces no one is likely to pay any money for and an owner who is quite frankly an idiot? It must be Aston Villa! Don't tell backwardpoint I said that about his homemade watches though...

Master
    Leeds United circa 2000-2004. Spending way beyond their means and on the way to bankruptcy.

Solid at the back (g-shock), a bruiser in midfield (MM600) and flair up front (Zenith de luca).

Definitely not Arsenal then...

Newcastle FC!

Mainly a collection of Rolex s/s = so Premier League (albeit habitual relegation contenders) destined to never to win anything, incredible public support despite a lack of recent succes, relying heavily on subsidies to keep going; by an owner who's likely to sell on a whim should anything equally bright n shiney appear on the horizon...
    TT

Craftsman
    Probably England national team. Plenty of hart and sterling gone into it but well under performing

Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post
    Leeds United circa 2000-2004. Spending way beyond their means and on the way to bankruptcy.
    Spot on but maybe Spurs ,spend a lot but never get in with the big boys.

A biased view, but mine would have to be Premier League-era Cardiff City.

A couple of expensive ones that would would quickly be dispensed with if circumstances deteriorated. A few nobody can remember buying who rarely see the light of day. And a small core of much admired hard workers. Also a manager who wouldn't particularly want his emails & texts scrutinised and is at the mercy of his erratic boss.

Most are of military origin, so perhaps Dukla Prague, Partizan Belgrade or CSKA Moscow?

Master
    Wigan c.2007 for me. A squad of ageing players (14 year old Breitling, 10 year old Omega) that still hopes ( unrealistically) it can become one of the big boys

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Crystal Palace - an enormous squad mostly filled with dross, but with quite a few aging classics and an optimistic pile of potential stars of the future. Which makes me Neil Warnock. Oh piss!

Master
    I am happy to say that I know too little about football and footballists to make any comparisons at all.

What I have heard however, is that you can apparently buy a very good watch for the price of a season ticket.

Master
    Don't think mine would be a very effective team as i only have 2 in my collection

Pick the ball up and run with it.......