closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Your Best Authorised Dealer Discounts

Journeyman

Your Best Authorised Dealer Discounts

I'm going to buy my first premium watch (TH Monaco) very soon, and I was wondering what kind of deals I could get at an AD.

Obviously each situation is different, but what discounts did you guys get at a high street AD?

Banned
    40% on a Breitling is the best I've done on the highstreet.

30% off ANY omega or breitling any time I want it.

Master
    Some places may want cash payment for your discount others may not, so be prepared to withdraw money out the bank.
    If you are flying out the country, why not buy at the duty free shop, guarantee discount, payment by cash or card and get a warranty from an AD.

Craftsman
    I went with a work colleague who wanted a Breitling and went to the boutique in Manchester, and asked for the best available discount. He got way over 20% (on one of their cheaper models) and took their interest free.

Having chatted to the guy quite a bit about watches, he said that it was agreed by the manager as it was a very slow day for trade. "it's always like this mid-week at the end of the month before people get paid"

That will be the time when I buy new from an AD/Boutique!

I personally would try after christmas and before new year's eve. Sales peak of christmas is over and there might still be some yearly quotas to fill for the brand and december's/whole year's bonuses on the line for the salesperson.

Master
    Fly over to USA and get one there? Probably still cheaper than buying over here...?

Given the depreciation on a Tag Minaco is faster than a sack of spuds of Beachy Head, second hand is a pragmatic alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    30% off ANY omega or breitling any time I want it.
    UK or EU AD?

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    I personally would try after christmas and before new year's eve. Sales peak of christmas is over and there might still be some yearly quotas to fill for the brand and december's/whole year's bonuses on the line for the salesperson.
    When I worked at a watch place this was one of the busiest times of year!

Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    When I worked at a watch place this was one of the busiest times of year!
    Does this mean the more the customers, the harder to strike a deal? My personal best – a little over 30% discount on a Breitling – was achieved between Xmas and new year.

I got 70% off at Argos once and I didn't even have to haggle
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

48% off a platinum rolex day date. Never pulled the trigger though...it's still there calling me...

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    48% off a platinum rolex day date. Never pulled the trigger though...it's still there calling me...
    PM me!

Bicester village have a Tag outlet and you can order stuff in they don't have...at discount!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by teknicolourfox View Post
    Fly over to USA and get one there? Probably still cheaper than buying over here...?
    Not any more. I was in Florida a couple of weeks ago and found the prices at the Omega boutique in the Mall at Millennia more than available in the UK. Rolex prices similar to UK, a little higher due to exchange rate at the time ($1.60 to the £). And don't forget customs duty when you return to the UK (OK, I know).

Grand Master
    Some years ago I was grudgingly offered £50 off an unpopular Longines chrono from Ernest Jones. The mere mention of a discount was enough to stun the place into silence, like something out of a Western movie. And it wasn't for lack of tactics; the same adopted in Vegas a year later netted something like 28%.
    Last edited by andrew; 21st October 2014 at 11:08.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    OP 1 post wonder!!!!!

Master
    Yesterday I was refused any discount what so ever on a new Tudor at the AD.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    Yesterday I was refused any discount what so ever on a new Tudor at the AD.
    Where was that Mac?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Where was that Mac?
    Bristol Cabot Circus. Said they'd been told by Rolex not to offer a discount as it devalues the brand.
    Last edited by Mr_Mac; 23rd November 2014 at 14:54. Reason: Spelling

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
    Not any more. I was in Florida a couple of weeks ago and found the prices at the Omega boutique in the Mall at Millennia more than available in the UK. Rolex prices similar to UK, a little higher due to exchange rate at the time ($1.60 to the £). And don't forget customs duty when you return to the UK (OK, I know).
    This very true...it appears that with some research you can source a high end watch here or in the EU cheaper than the US...

Journeyman
    Same here, told no discount on Tudor very early in the conversation. Op try high street dealers 15-20% will available, even if first says no, try another. Also, watches of switzerland are having Xmas events, I'm attending, if I get my desired disc I'll be buying on the night, call/email them for info.

Master
    Got around £400 off UK price buying my Pelagos from a AD in Crete whilst on holiday back in the summer.

I must be doing something wrong! I have bought from AD previously - and show my face in there perhaps once a month. Went in with the fairly firm intention of buying the latest Breitling Aerospace Evo, only to be told best discount they could offer on a watch retailing at £3150 was £300.....perhaps I should go back again at the end of January lol.
    Respect to all the guys who get 20%, 25% and upwards, but perhaps in a small town the dealers know there are severely limited high street options.
    I am going for a test drive on the newly released Longines next month, aiming to get a tenner off the rrp.

Master
    20% off SS Rolex sports. Was a once only thing though so not expecting to get that (or similar) again!

I managed to get an OEM Alligator strap thrown in with my Panerai 380 at Mallorys last week. They are famous for not giving discounts so went the accessory route. I would have paid full list as I wanted this new from an AD so anything extra was a bonus.
    The times of AD's discounting the premier brands are fast fading I fear.