closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Golf R lease

Golf R lease

Having been a petrol head for as long as I can remember I've just pulled the trigger on a new VW Golf R. The lease deals on these are very good value at the moment so I thought why not! It suits what I need at the moment and I always like to think I've got a deal! I've kept the car totally standard otherwise you end paying for the full cost of any options in the term of the lease (2 years in my case - which means it'll be up there as the longest I've ever 'owned' a car).

Has anyone else got one of these? Would be interested to hear your opinions.

Master
    A friend of mine has had his Golf R two weeks now and from the sounds of it has done the exact deal as you, albeit as a business lease.

He loves it and it is a very good deal!

Enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

A friend of mine has had his Golf R two weeks now and from the sounds of it has done the exact deal as you, albeit as a business lease.

He loves it and it is a very good deal!

Enjoy.

I've seen these on HUKD, £199 from what I recall, seems a decent deal for a "hot hatch".

Good luck trying to like it for 2 years though, I get bored after 12 months, especially with no toys added!

There was a thread on Pistonheads about the Golf R lease, seemed to be a very good deal.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Good deal on a dull car.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Good deal on a dull car.
    Looks dull, but I found it quite outstanding for a proper thrash - very surprised to be fair. At the lease deal prices, they are fantastic value.
    It's just a matter of time...

Blog Entries
    I've had mine for 2 months and love it, very very capable car. Both Evo and Chris Harris gave it glowing reviews so can't be that dull ;)

I find it a cake and eat it car. Nice a comfy when needed and quite a handful when you want. I traded an S3 for it and trust me that was dull, even though this is all wheel drive it is fun and likes to squirm about when pushed. The interior is a nice place to be, but not overly exciting. Overall great car that can embarrass some very expensive machinery.

Pm me if you need any specifics .

Master
    Which leasing company did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post
    http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...ase+on+Golf+R+

Last page of 195 thread should help with latest, just check lead in times etc

Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    I've seen these on HUKD, £199 from what I recall, seems a decent deal for a "hot hatch".

Good luck trying to like it for 2 years though, I get bored after 12 months, especially with no toys added!
    It does worry me a little I haven't specced it with anything but the costs really add up quickly once you add a few nice to haves I.e leather, nav, 19s etc. you are paying for someone else to benefit (unless you buy it at the end).

I'm the same with regards to getting bored with cars, generally flip them after 6-12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Looks dull, but I found it quite outstanding for a proper thrash - very surprised to be fair. At the lease deal prices, they are fantastic value.
    It does look abit plain but I like the qcar appeal tbh. I'd agree it certainly isn't dull to drive quickly, very sure footed compared to RWD and it's a change to what I'm used to so thought id give it a go. I have mostly had powerfull RWD cars such as M3's, M6, 350z, vx220 etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post
    Central uk vehicle leasing

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitinheadlights View Post
    I've had mine for 2 months and love it, very very capable car. Both Evo and Chris Harris gave it glowing reviews so can't be that dull ;)

I find it a cake and eat it car. Nice a comfy when needed and quite a handful when you want. I traded an S3 for it and trust me that was dull, even though this is all wheel drive it is fun and likes to squirm about when pushed. The interior is a nice place to be, but not overly exciting. Overall great car that can embarrass some very expensive machinery.

Pm me if you need any specifics .
    Yeh I've read the reviews (I'm an evo subscriber) and watched CH video, tbh I've probably been influenced by his video, I respect his opinion and if he had said it was sh*te then would have thought twice before ordering it.

What spec did you go for? Lease or purchase?

I'm amazed that VW are allowing for these cars to be leased with such a basic spec. I imagine the future values of these poorly specced cars to be pretty terrible - still that's the beauty of leasing, it's not your problem. - ok well technically it is because you are paying for the depreciation, but I am surprised that the gfv is so high....

Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    Isn't that the same for every car?

Craftsman
    More like 6 weeks. Golf interior is horrendous. Sorry!

Morgan

Journeyman
    wow good deal ....i love fast Golf ...got brought up on them ..although they do have a nice 420d sport on for a smidge more......if only i was in the UK

No doubt a lot of car for the money but I just think the R has lost a bit of class over the GTI. The tinted rear lights and quad exhausts are too much.

Master
    Happy to swap the LED lights off the wife's GTD if you want a more subtle look...

Blog Entries
    Just doing the same on a GTD for wifey. £236.00 was well within budget.

Paul

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Just doing the same on a GTD for wifey. £236.00 was well within budget.

Paul
    Well I nearly did.......

After a chat with the lease company and subsequent quote it was a no brainer to go down the 'R' route. Mrs P is very happy and I have a quick Golf plaything once again. I sold her Edition 30 two years ago and really regretted it so this will help mend the pain......

Fortunately she does not really understand fully what it is thinking the 4WD is just so it grips better in the snow.

Thanks for the heads up chaps and now the wait.

Paul

Master
    Yep, got one on order (well 2 actually but that's another story), no messing with leasing companies just dealt direct with VW.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Why are lease deals on these so cheap? I pity the private buyers who have committed funds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    Yep, got one on order (well 2 actually but that's another story), no messing with leasing companies just dealt direct with VW.
    Was it cheaper going direct?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Was it cheaper going direct?
    It's very competitive out there now but dealing direct with the dealer means you don't have any of the leasing company admin fees to pay. (Usually around £199 + vat).

I spoke to a couple of local dealers and they couldn't get anywhere near, id be interested to know what deal they offered you if you don't mind, pm me if you like. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysagood View Post
    I spoke to a couple of local dealers and they couldn't get anywhere near, id be interested to know what deal they offered you if you don't mind, pm me if you like. Cheers
    Likewise :)

Master
    Me three.

Blog Entries
    X3. Tried my local and did not even get to a number crunching due to the lease deal.

All in £7,100 for a manual in white over two years.

Pitch

Master
    It's a tad over £7200 for a 5dr manual in Pure white with rear view camera & keyless.

Master
    Forgot to mention VW are increasing their prices by 1% at the beginning of Nov so if you get a quote now it should be valid for 28 days.

Anyone have any recommendations for lease companies?

This has been discussed on the Golf GTi forum-on there someone has posted details of a lease via central uk vehicle leasing.

£178 approx a month over 2 years,£2400 deposit,and £150 doc fees,for a 3 door,manual,red one. Is this any good to anyone?

Master
    Central are a sponsor on the R forum as well, worth giving them a call if you want to use a lease company.

Peter Cooper VW also sponsors on there and are doing good deals as well.

Master
    I've just ordered a 5 door for 2k plus 149.99 pcm

Cheaper than walking !

Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post

Cheaper than walking !
    Is that the "R" version???

if so, where from?

incredible price.

Master
    Yep "R" manual - 5 door - solid colour - metallic is +£15 ( but I'm not bothered)

Freedom Contracts- I'll pm the link.

April delivery though and I think deal expires tomorrow

JP

PS all ex vat and I think there's a contract fee of 199
    Last edited by stiglet; 30th October 2014 at 12:58. Reason: add contract charge

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wow. The used market for these will be ...... in three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Wow. The used market for these will be ...... in three years.
    yep imagine you bought one of these outright going to be some silly prices in 2-3 years time

Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post

Cheaper than walking !
    Same numbers as me, got mine from central uk! A few friends have also ordered ones. There sure is going to be a lot of low spec Rs around in a few years!! Apparently they were doing over 200 deals a day, and that's just central!

Master
    Blows the market for the GTi right out the water.

Journeyman
    Blows the market for the GTi right out the water.
    It is weird that these are so cheap. Did someone make a judgment that they were holding their value really well (not anymore!) or are VW set to replace them, all a bit strange....

Master
    I think much of it is based on the high residuals VW envisage after 2/3 years. The MK6 R did hold its value very well I just can't see the same happening here with the 7. Unfortunately it's the people who have bought who'll be the ones getting shafted come trade in time.

Shame all the cheap R's available in 2 years time will be red though

Master
    Mine won't be

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I think much of it is based on the high residuals VW envisage after 2/3 years. The MK6 R did hold its value very well I just can't see the same happening here with the 7. Unfortunately it's the people who have bought who'll be the ones getting shafted come trade in time.
    I cannot see VW giving much thought to the value of an R in three years' time. It all smacks of a desperation to get cars on the road.

I got one last minute in white 5 door. Not delivered till June but that works for me.

Master
    June, was that the quoted delivery date or one you've requested?

They said May, but I said I would prefer June which I do not believe will be an issue as long as it is before the end of that Quarter.

June, was that the quoted delivery date or one you've requested?

Looks like these circa £180 per month offers are going off now?
    Quoting 350ish on most R models on the central site now,I have got a Mk6 Gti but if I had no trade in to complicate the deal I think I would have been tempted.

Blog Entries
    Wifey has had hers for a week now and I have managed to wrestle the key off her a couple of times.

Brutal and the grip is phenomenal, I haven't smiled so much since I sold the Westfield.

Popped up to visit big son and family in York this weekend and it was a pleasant 200 mile trip. Even managed 35mpg and I did not get close to driving like Miss Daisy.

One hell of a deal, nice shopping trolley for Mrs P and a smiler for me.

My son in law took me out in his last week...wow it was like being on a Fireblade. The launch control is awesome , 4.9 ...0-60! Not sure how many G I pulled but it is one quick car.

Enjoy...while you have a licence