closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Incoming - how do Creation do it?

Master

Incoming - how do Creation do it?

Inspired by Wooster and his new GS SBGX061 I ordered this from Creation Watches on Friday evening. An email on Saturday informed me it had been dispatched and here it is, on my wrist on Monday. Matching that for a pleasant surprise was the lack of any further charges. Having purchased from well regarded Japanese sellers before, I'd budgeted for a good whack being applied. I'm a happy chap!

I wanted something smart for those times I have to struggle into a suit and be vaguely presentable (I'm working on reducing the incidence of suit wearing) but didn't want to be setting the time at stupid o'clock in the morning. I think this will do the job admirably.

Creation have their share of knockers, I'm not one of them. Every order has reached me within a week with no hassle and no extra charges, so three days is pretty phenomenal and if you have escaped with no customs charge you should be very happy indeed.

On your particular little package; that's lovely.

Well that's worked out rather Splendidly!
    A great watch delivered in double quick time and with no VAT and customs!
    You must be over the moon, I would be. Gratz!

When buying from overseas, I generally get the bill from customs via a letter from the courier who has paid it on my behalf.

Good luck and hoping you don't get one!

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    When buying from overseas, I generally get the bill from customs via a letter from the courier who has paid it on my behalf.

Good luck and hoping you don't get one!
    This was the case with my Helson, i received the bill from Fedex about a week later including their admin cost

Fingers crossed for you and stunning watch

Yeah I've had the letter about a week after the package in the past, just when I thought I'd gotten away with it.

Nice watch by the way. :)

Master
    I've had plenty of letters demanding fees etc prior to delivery in the past but I've not had one 'after the event'. Fingers crossed eh!

Noting the other, less pleasing Creation order and delayed delivery thread, I reckon I was lucky it went via Bristol Airport.

Hooray and congrats!!!

Craftsman
    Can you buy from these people and legitimately avoid customs?

Congrats that's a beauty. I think the whole customs issue can be lucky dip in my experience. If they undervalue the item you should be ok but will have problems if it goes missing en route! If they declare the full value of the item you are much more likely to get caught for duty by customs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinR View Post
    If they undervalue the item you should be ok but will have problems if it goes missing en route!
    No you won't. :-) The customs declaration value (whether truthful or not) does not necessarily have any connection with the insured value. They are entirely different things. Perhaps they should be the same but they don't have to be in practice. Indeed, if the package goes missing entirely then what was written on the customs declaration is completely irrelevant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matt109 View Post
    Can you buy from these people and legitimately avoid customs?
    Legitimately, no. Successfully, yes in many cases (although it's not guaranteed, as per some other recent threads).

Budget for the VAT and clearance fee just in case.

Lovely watch... understated elegance.

Master
    So tempted with one of these.

If their silly low valuation is speed by customs, you might end up like me with a package stuck 'awaiting clearance' for nearly 5 weeks now. Admittedly I've had other packages from them no problem bit I won't be buying from them again.