closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Steel mesh bracelets

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.

Steel mesh bracelets

Can anyone reccomend one for a seamaster ?

Journeyman
    These are fairly decent quality
    Ebay no- 281296193010

if you have £200 to spare the Omega seatbelt style ones are very comfortable. I think putting on a no name mesh looks a bit cheap?

Strapcode ones are very nice. Think I have a 20mm one somewhere

Master
    Blog Entries
    The Omega OEM one is great, as mentioned above. I need the extension for my 8" wrist.

I’ve had several mesh bracelets off eBayer wjean28 http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/wjean28 and been very pleased with them.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I’ve had several mesh bracelets off eBayer wjean28 http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/wjean28 and been very pleased with them.

R

Have you worn any of them in a marine environment for any length of time Ralph? If so how did they/it fare if I can ask?
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by MuRph77 View Post
    Another vote for the above as recommended by MuRph77. It's a flattened, mat finished, mesh so not as blingy as some

Here is a blog article I wrote about mine. For me a metal bracelet should be OEM, although I don't know why I take that attitude as I have no problem with aftermarket straps (but again ore of an issue with aftermarket buckles on the straps).

http://thelearnedgentleman.com/the-o...mesh-bracelet/

Journeyman
    +1 on wjean - top guy on ebay for quality straps

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Have you worn any of them in a marine environment for any length of time Ralph? If so how did they/it fare if I can ask?
    Whilst I don’t actually recall taking this one underwater, the fact I had it on a trip would suggest it did get to dive.

I’ve just now had a look at it and there’s no evidence of any salt-water corrosion on it.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.
    Thank lads i actually had forgotten about this thread as it took awhile to get a reply , i'm still looking though and will have a good look at the posts ,i quite like the look of Ralph's and murph's, so i'll probably go for one of them .
    Last edited by the big fella; 29th October 2014 at 04:25.

got mine from strapcode as well but found it just tooooo heavy for daily use

Journeyman
    I have a strap code mesh and it is heavy but very comfortable. I use it on a Stowa Seatime so the mesh is no heavier than the OEM bracelet.

Craftsman
    I to have bought several from W Jean ( the ones with links) which all need to be taken out to fit my skinny wrist, but make it look more aesthetically pleasing to me.

I really like the Omega mesh, great quality and very comfortable to wear.

Last edited by Flashharry; 29th October 2014 at 11:26.

Craftsman
    Can anyone recommend a fine mesh bracelet (or heavier milanese if such a thing exists).

I have acquired a Max Bill Auto and would like to try a fine mesh rather than a milanese.

Suggestions?

Got one from retro-watches.co.uk, easy to adjust & good quality, here it is on my sarb065.

Also try jurgensgermany.com

Craftsman
    You could have a look at Staib or Vollmer.

Blog Entries
    Tried quite a few. The Omega one is quality and my default Speedy combo.

Craftsman
    That one from retro watches looks the part. Is that 3mm thick?

The Staib ones are quite expensive it seems.

I'm really looking for a specific recommendation rather than just a brand name. The one that comes with the Tissot Visodate looks well. Does anyone know of a generic version of that bracelet? Preferably not too expensive.

What's annoying is some of these places don't tell you if it's made with 316 or 317 stainless.

Apprentice
    Personally I don't like them. I liked the look of them at first, but shortly after began to realise they're a bit of a fad type thing, they look nice for the first few hours because they're different and novelty but then they just begin to look a bit trashy to me. Don't know if that's the best word to give my view, but they're just not really that.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnine View Post
    Personally I don't like them. I liked the look of them at first, but shortly after began to realise they're a bit of a fad type thing, they look nice for the first few hours because they're different and novelty but then they just begin to look a bit trashy to me. Don't know if that's the best word to give my view, but they're just not really that.
    Trashy?

They don't suit all watches, that's for sure, but watches from a certain period or some divers suit them.

Not sure on mesh thickness, will have a measure after work, its been sturdy so far, good clasp, retro were good to deal with also.

As for looks, its whatever takes your eye, they are not for all watches or some people but mine looks great on the 65...to me.

I bought this one from ebay :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011281585...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It's pretty good quality and I think it looks good on my Bulova Accutron Deepsea.

The one problem I had was getting it short enough to fit my wrists (I've lost about a stone over the last few months and my wrists have shrunk a little).

In the end I Dremeled through a couple of rows of links and it fits perfectly now!

I agree they don't suit all watches, but they look good on the right one and the Bulova was originally sold in some markets with one.

M.
    Last edited by snowman; 17th December 2014 at 11:13.