closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 'New' watch to me, vintage Doxa 300T

'New' watch to me, vintage Doxa 300T

It was me, the lucky one that snagged Kevs 300T last week, I actually saw it posted, and nearly hit the PM button immediately but paused, talked myself out of it and went off to do something else, that lasted 5 minutes and I was back and staring at it again, now, Im a big vintage dive watch fan and Ive got / had quite a few, PloProf, Benthos 500, Certina 1000M, Tudor Sub Seikos etc but Ive never had a Doxa, its one of the classics in my mind and thought the price was good and the B+P was the cherry on top so I PMd after about 15 min but sure I had missed it. Very happy that Kev said I was the first and the next day it arrived, Im very happy with it, its well used but not trashed, it has wear and age but no dings or major issues, the crystal has a few light scratches but thats all.
    The beads of rice bracelet on these are legendary for comfort and its great, the links next to the clasp are sprung and the clasp has micro ratchet adjustment along its length ( like a Deep Sea ) so its easy to get a good fit, I am however going to get the extra links fitted so as not to stress these parts....
    Its at Steve Burrages now for a movement service, I spun the back off and the gasket had turned to sticky tar and I couldn't see any watchmakers scratchings in the caseback so this may be its first service? Kev got it from the original owner so this is its first foray into forum world....
    Im very pleased and its a worthy addition to my watch box...
    ( According to the papers, it was sold in Manchester the day after my 5th birthday )

Kevs pic showing the extras...
    Last edited by JasonM; 2nd October 2014 at 17:46.

That is just lovely, really lovely.
    To have the box etc is the icing on the cake.
    Good catch.
    Dave

'my Doxa says Hi'

Well done mate, bring it to the watch fair and we can compare, like a couple of saddos

Quote Originally Posted by LuvWatch View Post
    'my Doxa says Hi'

Well done mate, bring it to the watch fair and we can compare, like a couple of saddos

Thanks guys....

Derek, its a deal, wear your brown anorak this time please....
    Edit... It may not be back from service by then.... :-(

That's a beauty, love these vintage divers, great catch

Gutted I missed this one, great watch enjoy it!

Jason, I owe you a pint mate.

I logged on just after this was sold and breathed a sigh of relief, there is no way I could have resisted it and I would have yet another Doxa clogging up my safe

Its an absolute belter especially with all the extras and the BOR is fantastic, I'm lucky enough to have one that is quite well gubbed that I can use as an everyday beater and its still one of my favourite watches of all time.

I wouldn't worry about stressing the bracelet as long as the internal bars are not worn too badly as the expandro sections are fantastic for wrist movement.
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

I will look forward to that pint Simon, cheers, I really like it, like yours it's in a very wearable state, no worries at all on that score.. Thanks for the bracelet tip...

Master
    Great purchase :-)

Seeing watches like this has made me look towards vintage rather than new, fantastic!!

Nice one
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Nice watch! Offer heads up if you wanna to flip.

Very nice Jase.

Lovely outfit to have.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Bloody lovely!

Great looking piece and with all the extras too. Just perfect! Like many on here, if you every fancy flipping it give us a shout!

Sitting on the dock of eBay, Queensland, Australia
    That's a great buy there Jason.
    Think I saw it pre-OHPF but with maybe 50 views. Guess you should always send that pm.

Is that a thermometer in the 'extras'?
    How does it attach to the bracelet?

While the 'Doxa boys' are active; does anyone have any leads on replacement crystals or anywhere they can be custom made?

Craftsman
    wow!!! I know that they have a problem with the dial , very often the dials are fade...

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Very nice jase, good catch.

I still live in hope of finding a HEV conquistador in a boot fair box of odds and ends!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emeister View Post
    That's a great buy there Jason.
    Think I saw it pre-OHPF but with maybe 50 views. Guess you should always send that pm.

Is that a thermometer in the 'extras'?
    How does it attach to the bracelet?

While the 'Doxa boys' are active; does anyone have any leads on replacement crystals or anywhere they can be custom made?

Thanks all for your comments...
    Yep, its a thermometer, its a fairly simple metal ( aluminium i think ) squared off hoop on the back that you slide over the bracelet and friction held in place...
    As for crystals, Ive not found any source, Steve Burrage has been able to bond 2 crystals together and made it work, but its not ideal.... I need to find someone to polish these shallow scratches out really....