closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Incoming Perrelet

Incoming Perrelet

My first Perrelet, a Grand Maitre limited edition.

Overall, I am thrilled with it, the dial looks so much better in the metal and the whole watch has a very substantial, quality feel to it.

I will post a couple more photo's soon as I get it on a leather strap.

Congratulations, looks fantastic. But I prefer a Youtube video to pics with these!

Master
    That's rather nice isn't it!
    I've only really seen their turbine models but this looks a classy chappy.

Strap wise in pleased as punch with a couple of Hirsch Lucca's I've just received.

Thanks for sharing,

Pete

Master
    That is a very interesting piece. I like it.

Craftsman

That's a very nice dress watch

a wristshot would be demandatory!!!

Best,
    Guillermo

Applied indices, lovely dial colour, clever front rotor.... What's not to like! Congratulations.

Master
    Very nice Chris – iirc that's from the pre-Festina Group ownership period, but still nice nonetheless.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Fabulous. Always incredibly well made and always feel great . I really like Perrelet and yours is no exception. Enjoy

Journeyman
    Nice and classy watch. Congratulations!

Thanks for all the positive comments, it certainly will not be the last Perrelet I own.

Fabulous. Always incredibly well made and always feel great . I really like Perrelet and yours is no exception. Enjoy
    As you mentioned it feels so well made, the finish stunning, it doesnt really come across in these pictures

Craftsman
    Congrats. I only became aware of Perrelet via TZ-UK and am yet to handle one "in the metal" as they say. From what I have seen and read they seem to offer some unique designs and represent great VFM in the used market. I would certainly like to try one some day.

Master
    A nice looking watch you have there. I admire Perrelet for being different to the norm. They have some really interesting and attractive designs. I would be very interested to try one myself one day.

Banned
    The work on the dial looks really nice, enojy !

Craftsman
    I was watching something similar on ebay for a while but decided the face was too busy for my taste so bought this instead:

It's nicely finished and supposedly a limited edition #14 of 100 "Old Rose" but I have a suspicion that Perrelet do everything in small batches with various cosmetic differences between 'editions'.

I was surprised to find that the gold bezel on steel look decent with my late summer freckles, I didn't expect to be able to 'wear' gold but the steel downplays the gold just enough.

Journeyman
    What is that piece which looks like a micro-rotor on dial?

Quote Originally Posted by N.Burgher View Post
    What is that piece which looks like a micro-rotor on dial?
    It's just that, a second rotor made from 18k white gold

decided the face was too busy for my taste so bought this instead:
    One thing I like about mine is that they have resisted temptation to put cut off 1, 3, 6, 9 and 11 on the dial

Journeyman
    Interesting, is it mainly for decoration? Or perhaps 2 rotors increase winding efficiency?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Burgher View Post
    Interesting, is it mainly for decoration? Or perhaps 2 rotors increase winding efficiency?
    I think the original 'twin rotors' were for efficiency, these days I think it's just part of the Perrelet 'myth' and marketing, like the 'turbines'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NJHawkins View Post
    It's nicely finished and supposedly a limited edition #14 of 100 "Old Rose" but I have a suspicion that Perrelet do everything in small batches with various cosmetic differences between 'editions'.
    Another from the 1995-2004 brand resurrection and pre-Festina Group era – interesting to learn the front rotor is WG, as I wouldn't have thought it to be anything other than SS.
    Last edited by PJ S; 1st October 2014 at 15:33.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NJHawkins View Post
    I think the original 'twin rotors' were for efficiency, these days I think it's just part of the Perrelet 'myth' and marketing, like the 'turbines'.
    The twin rotors purport to be for winding efficiency. However I have also heard that the displaying of a rotor at the front of the watch is intended to reflect the fact that Louis Abraham Perrelet invented the self winding rotor in the first place.

Really like that - looks solid ...with a case and pusher shape not unlike the MontBlanc Nicolas Rieussec.

I've got to like Perrelet a lot in the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    Another from the 1995-2004 brand resurrection and pre-Festina Group era – interesting to learn the front rotor is WG, as I wouldn't have thought it to be anything other than SS.
    I don't know if that applied to all models? Certainly this one has the WG rotor.

Journeyman
    I'd be interested to see how you get on with this, they look stunning watches but I'm held back by the drop in prices recently- ebay prices for a new perrelet are very low, I've seen some at £1400, but they do look good

Master
    Blog Entries
    They have a few patents for the the rotor, the idea being same total mass as on big one but space saved (or at least moved). It helps that it looks pretty too. Great catch OP :)

certainly one of the turbines (the non-XL I think) is functional, or at least it used to be in previous models, I would hope they've not changed that, but they do seem to play big to the US tat market with the special editions they punt out (I shan't link to an Erotic, but I love the idea of this, and the appeal would disappesar after avout 2 minutes. Reckon http://www.chrono24.com/en/perrelet/...-id2826262.htm, but there are so many nasty ones... http://www.chrono24.com/en/perrelet/...d2510491.htm)t so nothing woukd suprise.

Master
    I love crazy watches, especially expensive crazy watches, and ergo love people who are brave enough to buy them!

Great watch! More photos!!

PS display backs are rather tasty arent they!

Leather strap arrived yesterday, it's really improved the overall look

Very nice and one of those real quality, under the radar brands, I like these and recently sold my Perrelet alarm
    One of those brands like so many- undervalued in the uk, like (in my opinion) Eberhardt ,Alpina, GP, Muehle Glashuette, I could go on.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Very nice and one of those real quality, under the radar brands, I like these and recently sold my Perrelet alarm
    One of those brands like so many- undervalued in the uk, like (in my opinion) Eberhardt ,Alpina, GP, Muehle Glashuette, I could go on.
    Thanks, I couldn't agree with you more. I wish I had seen the alarm when it was for sale as I would have had that off you in a heartbeat.

Quick SOTC shot this evening