closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PRS-36 Smiths vintage cushion case - it's here

Ok, ok, I'll stop with the pics. Last two - first one on a more conventional brown strap, and the second showing the crown and trying to capture the curvature of the crystal. You can kind of see from the reflection of the vertical blinds....

Master
    A few from me if anyone is tempted by one ( if theres any left! )

^

That top pic is lovely, shows the hand colour off really nicely :)

Master
    Yep, you dont notice it but when driving or something the light will just catch it :)
    Mine came a day after yours I think, been sat looking at those other pics in anticipation...

Master
    Quick pic:

Quote Originally Posted by teadazed View Post
    Quick pic:

Wow, great pic. Looks amazing.

Master
    Must resist. Can't resist. Why not? I am worried what it looks like on a smaller wrist but it looks great.

So, had been following this watch for so long, a few days busy and not looking, and THIS!

Thanks for all the pics guys, looks every bit as amazing as I'd hoped, I need to make some funds as I have to have this watch!

Craftsman

PRS-36 Smiths vintage cushion case - it's here

Mine just arrived today and I must say I'm really pleased with the watch! Top marks Eddie! It's a beaut!!

I think Canada Customs liked it too. They felt they had to open it to inspect it. They must have approved because they let it through!

Journeyman
    Here is mine

First when i see the case form it remind me this strange thing:
    :-)

Second when i saw the wristshot on the TF shop, it seems that the case size was on the big size;

Third when i saw the dial color and how the light can play with it, i hit the "add to the basket" button

Master
    T'is a thing of beauty :)

Great pictures bestak. Thanks.

Top vintage watch!

Blimey, I really have been out of touch with this side of the forum...I missed a launch!

Beautiful watch in many ways...but I think that padded strap was the clincher!

Ordered first thing this morning.

As an aside, I've been wearing it since it arrived 6 days ago and it is currently at +6 seconds against reference over the whole time period. Yes, 1 second per day. Phenomenal.

Well done Eddie, a cracking watch.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfugerbil View Post
    As an aside, I've been wearing it since it arrived 6 days ago and it is currently at +6 seconds against reference over the whole time period. Yes, 1 second per day. Phenomenal.

Wow, that is indeed impressive!

Ordered mine today, now the waiting game.

One of the shots above makes it look like it has a copper dial which I like very much.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Great photographs in this thread, looks like this watch is something of a chameleon in that it can be dressed up or down and the dial colour seems to alter according to the lighting.

Looks great, good job Eddie.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    One of the shots above makes it look like it has a copper dial which I like very much.

Eddie
    Now there's a thought......

One of the most attractive and stylish dress watches I've had the pleasure to view. It's sum of parts come together in a great package
    Gray

Master

Mine is at -14 seconds over 5 days that I've been checking it so just under -3 per day so also pretty good.

Craftsman
    I'm tempted! Will go nice next to my Everest in the box.

Is this an original design or a nod to a vintage model?

Quote Originally Posted by Markw View Post
    I'm tempted! Will go nice next to my Everest in the box.

Is this an original design or a nod to a vintage model?
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...e-Smiths/page3

See post #15, it's a very fitting recreation of a classic Smiths.

Master
    The look of this watch is beautiful to me. The numerals and track are perfect, as are the hands. I'd have loved one forever if only the dial was silvery white as in the 50's vintage era. This dial looks a little too steely industrial to me. Still a superb look though.

Closure

Time Factors is closed until Tuesday 21 October 2014.

Eddie Platts

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Closure

Time Factors is closed until Tuesday 21 October 2014.

Eddie Platts

Phew, glad I didn't hang about like I usually tend to, the wait would have killed me with all the PRS29a..... PRS-36? ..... PRS-29a..... PRS-36

Wow - what a beautiful looking watch. I'd completely missed this one coming on line. Better start saving........

I was searching for information about the movement and found this information about Peseux:

"In 1923 Charles Berner started a small manufacture in the community of Peseux (canton of Neuchâtel) for the production of movement blanks with pallet escapement. These movements were primarily intended for the watch industry's new rising star, the wristwatch. By late 1933 output by the young ébauche maker had reached 215,980 units. In 1935 the company's product line comprised some 15 different basic movements, all handwind. Products rangedfrom the 4 1⁄4-ligne baguette movement with the designation 90 (9.8 x 24.3 mm) to the oval 50 (13 x 22 mm) and the tonneau-shaped 110 (18.8 x 26.35 mm). Among the jewels of this small movement maker is the much sought after Peseux 260. In 1968 Peseux introduced its 7046 handwind movement. It crowned the successful 7040 movement family with small second (23.30 mm diameter). Unlike its basic 7040 counterpart, the 7046 movement included a push piece-activated date window. Balance frequency was a moderate 21,600 A/h. In response to a growing demand for thin watches, the different movements became available with beveled edges. Not only did the sides remain low but they also gave the impression of relatively flat cases despite a movement thickness of 3.1 mm. 1985 marked the end of 60 years of movement making. It involved the 7001 available from ETA today but launched in 1971. While the Peseux name has been history since 1985, the 60 movements developed and produced by the movement maker live on among collectors everywhere."

So this is a vintage style watch with a genuine NOS swiss movement that has a fine history. I thinkl Eddie said that the 7040 has a better power reserve than the later 7046. Does anyone know what years it was produced?

Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post

Beautiful photo, Coot.

I think it might well add a few sales on its own...

Craftsman

Lovely, well done.

Really really nice, well done. I have been away from the forum for too long, I was just about to order a Stowa MO and now I am confused. Is the Stowa too big?

Any pics on an 8.5 inch wrist?

Another winner.

Master
    Wow, that's nice. Clean and classic design. One to put on the wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post

Coot, what strap is this? Absolutely gorgeous.

Ok, ok, I'll stop with the pics. Last two - first one on a more conventional brown strap, and the second showing the crown and trying to capture the curvature of the crystal. You can kind of see from the reflection of the vertical blinds....

Whoah there kfb! Back up a little, what's that strap? Name, rank and serial number please.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    Whoah there kfb! Back up a little, what's that strap? Name, rank and serial number please.
    That is the quite excellent but phenomenally reasonable "Bella Air-Con" from Cousins. Excellent strap really, all sizes and colours available in the design. It's got a breathable nubuck liner, calf top.

The price?

£3.15 plus vat.

Get a few :)

That is the quite excellent but phenomenally reasonable "Bella Air-Con" from Cousins. Excellent strap really, all sizes and colours available in the design. It's got a breathable nubuck liner, calf top.

The price?

£3.15 plus vat.
    Looks lovely. I'll save my pocket money for a few weeks so I can have one in brown and one in black.

I had to go quite far down the page to drag this topic back up. Anyway, here's my recent wedding anniversary present from my awesome wife:

Absolutely love it! Unfortunately the original strap was a little tight so I ordered a snazzy handmade burgundy number from Pavstraps especially for this watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    I had to go quite far down the page to drag this topic back up. Anyway, here's my recent wedding anniversary present from my awesome wife:

Absolutely love it! Unfortunately the original strap was a little tight so I ordered a snazzy handmade burgundy number from Pavstraps especially for this watch.
    That's a very nice present and the strap looks superb.
    Enjoy.

Surely one of the best of Eddie's watches ever made. I love mine.

Relatively new owner here. I love this watch! Amazing timekeeping, and I can't stop looking at the dial and the lovely blued hands.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JeppeRober View Post
    Relatively new owner here. I love this watch! Amazing timekeeping, and I can't stop looking at the dial and the lovely blued hands.

That is a stunningly beautiful watch, dress watches aren't my thing normally but hope to get one of these sometime.
    Enjoy it.

Thought I'd bump this thread to show off my new strap for my PRS-36. It's shell cordovan from Horween in Navy blue with ivory stitch. I love how the blue picks up the blued hands. What a great little watch -- mine just happens to be a nice little time keeper too.

Best wishes to all,

Myron

I'm guessing it's a custom made strap due to the single hole for the pin buckle. Beautiful strap, which would be perfect for the Richmond Spencer. Where do I get a strap like that made for my wrist?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoughie0 View Post
    I'm guessing it's a custom made strap due to the single hole for the pin buckle. Beautiful strap, which would be perfect for the Richmond Spencer. Where do I get a strap like that made for my wrist?
    As it's pictured next to a belt end punch and a roll of thread, I'm putting fifty pence on the poster making it himself :)

Give it a try, you might be surprised!

Craftsman
    The blue looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoughie0 View Post
    Drop me a PM!

As it's pictured next to a belt end punch and a roll of thread, I'm putting fifty pence on the poster making it himself :)

Give it a try, you might be surprised!
    Quote Originally Posted by wainair View Post
    The blue looks great!
    Thanks, guys! I live not too far from Chicago (compared to Sheffield, anyway) and make frequent trips to Horween to select the shell cordovan myself. I have a small workshop and make a few straps, but I really just wanted to show the PRS-36's many fans what a nice watch this is on Navy blue. The Navy is a new-ish color for me, and I'm really liking it. More interesting than a black strap, but still goes well with black shoes and gray trousers at work.

Myron

Craftsman
    I bought mine from Timefactors about 7 months ago. I absolutely love this watch and wear it most days. Here are some of the strap combos i wear it on

Master
    Really like those, mines currently in a Vintage tan pigskin.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by silver centurian View Post
    I bought mine from Timefactors about 7 months ago. I absolutely love this watch and wear it most days. Here are some of the strap combos i wear it on
    Some great shots there. Cheeky request: what size is your wrist? I've been very tempted by this for a long time but it appears to wear big and I suspect on my 6.75in wrists it could look a bit daft. Ta.