closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Full Tudor range in Kingston Surrey

Full Tudor range in Kingston Surrey

Just wandered into the Bentall Centre and Chisholm Hunter have a large stock of Tudor watches in the window. First time I've seen a black bay and Pelagos in the flesh - along with the Ranger etc. Very odd - look like modern watches made to look vintage, the crown on the black bay is a peculiar flat shape and there are some very 'trendy' straps available. My overall feel was 'meh' but they might grow on me. Prices appear to be same as Rolex 7-10 years ago? - anyhow fyi they appear to have most models

That's interesting as I was there earlier today as well - about lunchtime - and ended up trying both the Red and Blue Black Bay's on. But I can't agree that they have a large stock of Tudor watches on display. I was actually taken aback by how limited it was in size and range (compared to the range I saw displayed in Paris a couple of months back, for example). I even had to call inside to ask if they had them in stock as their website claimed, as they are not displayed alongside the rest of their watches.

Sadly, I didn't really take to either of the Black Bay's! But as they only had the red on a pretty dire black NATO, I'd like to try it on a bracelet before passing judgement on that particular version.

Still, a welcome addition to an ever increasing list of brands now available in the Kingston area.

I went to my local AD and tried on the Black Bay and Pelagos. ..Unfortunately for me they had the full set of links so any meaningful comfort fit was impossible. Has anyone else experienced a less than well presented watch to try on? How can I tell if I like the watch when it doesn't even fit properly?

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    ... Prices appear to be same as Rolex 7-10 years ago? - anyhow fyi they appear to have most models
    From what I remember when Tudor were in the same windows as Rolex last time round, they were just under half the cost of the equivalent Rolex. So I think that is the sort of ratio they are aiming for today.