closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Another scam?

Another scam?

Posted by a "friend" on Facebook.

We received this letter through the post today saying Sky wants to give us a refund of £6.08. They want us to call 08081 01 44 37 to claim this to check they have the correct details for us. We have NOT had Sky for 12 years. We have moved 3 times since we did. Sky do not know this number or us we are an inactive account. I am not calling that number as Sky have informed me it will cost X amount of £'s per minute. Please inform all if your less inquisitive relatives of this scam to stop them making pounds off them.
    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    looks legit based on sky mod response here:http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Off-topi...y/td-p/2153945

Blog Entries
    0808 numbers are free to call from landlines. I just did some Googling and in fact 0808 101 4437 (or 08081 01 44 37) is (or was in 2010) a Sky number.

But I still wouldn't bother calling the number for £6.08 and definitely not to "check they have the correct details" which reads just like a phishing scam.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mushk1n View Post
    looks legit based on sky mod response here:http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Off-topi...y/td-p/2153945
    Oh well, despite my cynicism above, it seems worth doing from the comments in that forum.

Craftsman
    Sounds like a scam to me.

Quote Originally Posted by steve1975i View Post
    Sounds like a scam to me.
    Given the link in post #2, where Sky themselves say that it is legitimate, and the fact that calls to 0808 number are free, can I ask you what brings you to that conclusion?

Seems legit to me

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    Given the link in post #2, where Sky themselves say that it is legitimate, and the fact that calls to 0808 number are free, can I ask you what brings you to that conclusion?
    Up the Post count without even reading!