closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thinking about a Poljot Aviator

Thinking about a Poljot Aviator

I've been umming and ahhing about a next purchase and have come to the conclusion that a "Flieger" style would be the next obvious choice. I splash around in the shallow end of this watch collecting malarkey and had been considering a Parnis big pilot. However, I don't like the small sub-seconds and would feel uncomfortable with the 44mm diameter. I'm therefore looking at the Poljot Aviator 1, or similar. There seem to be a few around (e.g. Julian Kampmann), but with the ETA movements. I've also seen some with 2164 movements, but huge plastic movement holders and uncertain heritage.
    Does anyone have a lead on these (new or used) at a decent price and with some pedigree?

Master
    I can't help you I'm afraid, but have thought about them aswel.Tried to find reviews on the range but very little about, Julian's photos aren't great always look a bit cheap :(
    I have been looking at the alarm version recently but still undecided about the quality.I hope someone can give their opinions on the aviators, I especially like the 3133 but no longer made :(

Master
    Had this one as a trade in. It's an Aviator Alarm.

I was rather quite surprised with the quality and build. Case feels very good, movement wound smoothly, rather noise free and the alarm function was nifty. The alarm didn't sound as loud as, let's say, my JLC Memovox but it does the job well enough.

The most annoying thing is that when the watch is around the time the alarm was on, it starts making an alarm like sound. About thirty minutes before and after.

Can't help you though with where to get one... I sold this one for 150 euro's.

Master
    There is a review on youtube of the Poljot alarm, looks rather nice.
    I think someone on SC had a Poljot 3133 for sale recently if that's any help :)