closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My first foray into custom knives.

Craftsman

My first foray into custom knives.

Hi all,

Having seen some of the beautiful knives on here and having had severe knife envy over my uncles Damascus bladed folder my Mrs said she would treat me to one for an early Christmas present. I ordered it 6 weeks ago and it turned up today and all I can say is wow. It has a buffalo horn and Mistral handle (I work in kitchens and Mistral is a solid acrylic product used for worktops), Damascus blade and a custom sheath. Its handle is profiled for a leftie as is the sheath. I ordered a matching ceramic blade sharpener.

I can see why so many people collect knives this is an addition to my modest collection of folders and Im still thinking of the best way to display it.

Lets see your custom knifes

Blog Entries
    Lovely! No custom knives here, sadly, but I admire that one a lot.

Craftsman
    Very nice. Is that something that would ever see use or only kept as a collectors item?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bondguru View Post
    Very nice. Is that something that would ever see use or only kept as a collectors item?
    I dont think I would use it but plenty do. Im still trying to figure out the best way to display it. Some custom knives go into the thousands. I dont think I would ever drop Omega or Rolex money on something that would be so bespoke but Paul Fenech's creations come in at a bit more and an auto seiko diver. so thats less of a concern.

Martyn.

Journeyman
    All I have is Ikea, that one is pretty cool.