closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Arrival ( Rolex Content )

In the late 90's I bought myself a Submariner date, brand new on the good old interest free credit ( I think the price then was £2,120.) After a Gap of 17 years I now have another :-), albeit this time an ND from the same era.

If budget allowed I would love a vintage or ceramic Submariner , however the two line, tritium dial, case size and drilled lugs have some of the style advantages of the former and sapphire crystal, triplok crown and 300m wr of the latter.

Being a bit OCD I deliberately avoided a minter, this might sound odd but I can wear the watch without worrying about blemishing a perfect case or bezel. I can just look forward to the lume getting browner :-). This great example ( Head only ) was purchased from this fine forum from Mark (Marksh), great seller! I'm sure you all know what they look like, but here's s dodgy iPhone pic of mine. Thanks Lee :joyous! Attachment 6927
    Last edited by Lammylee; 22nd September 2014 at 18:15.

Very nice! If I had a time machine then I might go back and buy a few things interest free credit...

Bona fide classic, enjoy :)

Using one of those inflation calculators, your £2120 Sub would be equivalent to £2963 today... how much is a ceramic Sub date now?

Nice 14060 BTW.

I was tempted by that one for the same reason. I have a pretty much perfect 5513 which I'm a bit nervous to wear.

Thanks everyone! Its such a great design. Clean and simple with nothing on it that isn't required, yet still gives an air of quality without shouting about it. Very happy!

Craftsman
    Congratulations on a beautiful piece! I actually messaged Mark about this one, but was just a tad too late. It's a fantastic beater, maybe even the best there is. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by famyklebust View Post
    Congratulations on a beautiful piece! I actually messaged Mark about this one, but was just a tad too late. It's a fantastic beater, maybe even the best there is. Enjoy!
    Thanks very much! :-)