closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch related editing fault in Jack Reacher

Master

Watch related editing fault in Jack Reacher

While catching up on some work in the office I just switched on the TV and caught a really obvious editing error.

While Jack reacher is talking about the sniper and the film is cutting to the sniper making a muffler for his rifle out of foam, one shot has his watch on the outside of the wrist the another shot has it on the inside. tut tut

Must have slipped around skinny wrist. Tom Cruises' I mean, not Reachers

P.S. Reacher, in the books, doesn't wear a watch as he has an internal clock that seems to work pretty well.

The whole film was a continuity error ... Reacher is 6'5 and "well built" weighing 250 lb of muscle where as in the film he was played by a 5'7 :
    "actor"

Master
    Blog Entries
    Reacher did wear a watch in at least one book. I forget which one but he wore an issued watch. I think a Hamilton?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    The whole film was a continuity error ... Reacher is 6'5 and "well built" weighing 250 lb of muscle where as in the film he was played by a 5'7 :
    "actor"

I found this very difficult to understand too.Nothing against Tom Cruise but he is not the character that made the books so enjoyable to read.

Even Tom had to take a shower to "Pull" in Top Gun.Jack never had to. The birds loved him smelly

Master
    it's the sniper wearing the errant watch, not Reacher ;-)

Master
    I'm a big fan of the books, never seen the film and have no desire to. Tom Cruise is just wrong.

Reacher mentions wearing a Bulova Military in a few books

Quote Originally Posted by K300 View Post
    While Jack reacher is talking about the sniper and the film is cutting to the sniper making a muffler for his rifle out of foam, one shot has his watch on the outside of the wrist the another shot has it on the inside. tut tut
    I've read that snipers (and other soldiers) tend to wear the watch on the inside so they can see it without taking a hand off their rifle. The only other person I know who does this is my Mum, so maybe she's secretly a sniper?

Quote Originally Posted by oiljam View Post
    I'm a big fan of the books, never seen the film and have no desire to. Tom Cruise is just wrong.

Reacher mentions wearing a Bulova Military in a few books
    Damn, I'm going to have to read them all again to check. I assume that he wears a watch in army, I'll get back in about 6 months when I've gone through them

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by brigant View Post
    Damn, I'm going to have to read them all again to check. I assume that he wears a watch in army, I'll get back in about 6 months when I've gone through them
    Found it. I'll save you the trouble and time. Book 6. He goes into a watch repair shop for advise wearing his trusty military issued Bulova Military....I bet it looks tiny on a man like Reacher

edit: just looked into it and in its current guise its a 40mm. I could imagine Reachers is much older and therefore slightly smaller
    Last edited by oiljam; 2nd October 2014 at 13:58.

missed

I must confessed I missed the reference to the watch in the books, and some I have read twice.