closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New arrival - something I've wanted for years

New arrival - something I've wanted for years

So I've finally gone and got one of the watches I've always wanted. This is a watch I've looked at so many times and it has always been at or near the top of my wanted list but for some reason I'd always avoided getting one - perhaps because once I had one I'm not sure what else to strive towards, who knows!

Anyway it's a pretty common watch, not cheap but not silly expensive, and I'm sure a lot of people on here have had one at some point. I had previously owned it's smaller brother in the 'boring' colour on a rubber strap but that didn't quite do it for me, though it was lovely watch I think I knew it wasn't really what I wanted. Anyway I had the chance to pick this one up a couple of weeks back but it needed a new strap and then my next dilemma started - S/Steel, Rubber or Leather?

Well the strap arrived today, so here it is...

Omega Planet Ocean 45.5mm Orange on a Black OEM Alligator strap (apologies to all those who find leather on a diver is so wrong)

Lovely watch with nice colours. Enjoy!

Beautiful, a watch i want very much!

Recently sold one of those on a bracelet,which I do think it looks better on,fantastic watch and will probably get another at some point,I think the time keeping and build quality is excellent ,not only that I think the colour is great ,enjoy

Great looking watch. My collection is currently without an Omega but this one could persuade me to change that.

Lovely match with the strap

Craftsman
    very nice, looks great on that strap- enjoy!!!

Congrtas, a great watch. Most variants of PO are great.

I was about to put mine on SC but not so sure now!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lacroix4 View Post
    I was about to put mine on SC but not so sure now!
    Please don't, I saw one of these in the flesh the other day and loved it, can't warrant another watch at the moment though........or can I?
    Congrats to the op, lovely looking thing

Craftsman
    Congratulations ! ... Although I do like them on the rubber straps

Quote Originally Posted by sv-steve View Post
    Congratulations ! ... Although I do like them on the rubber straps
    I'm actually keeping my eyes open for the rubber Deployant strap with orange stitching as I would like one of those as well, the alligator was a bit different though and "dressy" enough to wear with a shirt to the office. Wasn't quite sure what it was going to look like but very happy with the result, it wears so much lighter than on the bracelet (because it is I guess!). This one originally came with the Orange croc which gives it another look completely but I do like the straps that fit right up to the case better.
    Last edited by catflap; 21st September 2014 at 21:01.

Journeyman
    Congrats, very nice.

Congratulations on the purchase! I think those orange bezels actually make the watch more versatile with different straps. Making it a dressy office watch sounds like an interesting little project

Craftsman
    Congratulations! I love that sunny, warm orange - it's difficult to not smile when you see it. Personally, I really like a PO on a good ol' NATO, but the rubber is quite nice too. Enjoy it!

That's one I've wanted for years too (on a bracelet). It looks superb! Maybe one day ...

Craftsman
    Looks nice with the strap!!

Master
    Oh, the number of times you dissed my PO XL...!

How does the 'gator fit size-wise - any pics of the buckle side?

Craftsman
    Very nice. I think a PO is going to be my next purchase. I will probably chicken out and go for the grey ceramic bezel though!

I'm in London next weekend, so going to try on both sizes to see what suits me best.

Quote Originally Posted by nickk View Post
    Oh, the number of times you dissed my PO XL...!

How does the 'gator fit size-wise - any pics of the buckle side?
    I've always liked your PO, apart from the fact it's the wrong colour of course!

The gator is a surprising perfect fit, very comfortable and so much lighter than the bracelet.

A couple of quick snaps I've just taken

Last edited by catflap; 23rd September 2014 at 22:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Enda View Post
    Very nice. I think a PO is going to be my next purchase. I will probably chicken out and go for the grey ceramic bezel though!

I'm in London next weekend, so going to try on both sizes to see what suits me best.
    I really like the look of the new PO's and would have loved to be able to get the 8500 movement, but they are just too thick for me. I must have tried them on 4 or 5 times hoping I could live with the height but in the end the old 2500 version just sits so much better on my wrist I had to go for one of them instead.

Try and find a shop with both grey and orange models in both sizes and also on the bracelet and on the rubber as they wear differently. I think I preferred the 42mm on the bracelet but the 45.5mm on all other straps. The GMT is probably my optimum size but it's even thicker than the normal models so a non starter.

Great buy! The exact same watch as my retirement present to myself - I wish it could have stopped there, mind! It gives me a lift just to look down at it on the wrist. I'll never let this one go.

Journeyman
    Great watch. Enjoy.