closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Oris, Marathon. which

Craftsman

Oris, Marathon. which

Hi guys having a problem choosing my next watch I have about 1k to spend. I am torn between, the Oris DIVING AQUIS DATE BLUE DIAL BRACELET WATCH, and a
    Marathon diver automatic from hennie haynes. Any thoughts appreciated. And any other divers in that price range would be worth a look. Its worth me mentioning that I dont dive, but I do swim thanks for any help given.

I'd definitely go for the Oris. The Marathon isn't bad and looks built like a tank. But then the Oris is classier and looks as solid. I don't really know but my guess is the Oris would be a better investment too.

Banned
    Without question I would choose the Oris.

I've had a couple of Marathons in the past. They're good watches, but (IMO) not £1k good, if you get my drift.

No comment on the Oris, as no personal experience.

Master
    Oris for me . I have the TTi in blue, great all round wearer and very understated. In my opinion only one other beats it in the price range and that's a second hand Omega Seamaster. The Seamaster steps up an extra gear ( I have had a few)or, if you can save your pennies go for the Seamaster. It's all about taste of course and you may prefer the Oris styling which is quite unique and a lot cheaper to service in the future. I like the new Oris, particularly the ceramic bezel inset and the straps are amazing.

Regards. Kev

The tritium lume and ISO 6425 rating mean it's the Marathon all day long for me.

Here's my GSAR

And some info about the watch:

I am a bit of a Marathon fan (watches not running)

Do don't own an Oris but I can vouch for the build quality and uniqueness of Marathon's you will not be disappointed.

[IMG][/IMG]

Cheers John

Blog Entries
    John, is that a sandy p590 on the green strap or a traser p5900?
    If it's a marathon I didn't know they made a variant of that watch.!

It's a sandy 490. It's an old group pic of mine.
    The 490 is a great quality watch that can still be had for pocket money.
    17j hacking manual wind ETA. Smoothest sweep of any watch I own. Time keeping is very good as well. +- 5 seconds a day.
    The tubes on both the sandy and the marathon field watch still glow bright enough to be useful. Not bad for 20+ year old throw away items.

Go for the Oris. The Aquis is a superb watch.

Go for the Oris they offer really good value for money with respect to quality and retained value.

Master
    I got lambasted on here for buying an Oris, but I have no regrets at all. It is a solidly built watch.
    I have no experience of the Marathon though.

Apprentice
    They are Ok watches for the money have an old XXL which has been a beater, looks good and has never given any problems.

I have an Oris Titan on my wrist right now and it's a corker. You'd do worse than to have a look at Piers' Oris Costa Limited Edition on Sales Corner right now. It looks good as new and should hold it's value relatively well (compared to a new Oris, which would lose a packet as you walked out of the AD).

One word of warning though. The Titan (and the Costa, amongst others) are difficult to fit for wrists under about 6.75" on the bracelet (the OEM rubber can go quite a bit smaller, though it wouldn't suit wrists that much smaller despite wearing a fair bit smaller than it's nominal 47mm thanks to the lug shape and tapering case). Otherwise, the finish on them are superb and I get more compliments on my Oris than any other watch.

Master

Love the Blue Oris

As you can see I love blue divers.

I have an Oris williams F1, the quality for the money is outstanding.