closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 1972 Speedy questions...

Grand Master

1972 Speedy questions...

Did ''ALL'' Speedies with acrylic have the Omega logo in the center?,and if it isn't their and still acrylic is it gen or aftermarket?.Are all replaced Omega acrylic with the logo?.

Also what was the correct bracelet for this year please guys?.

What price to pay for a recent £450 serviced one?.{watch/bracelet ONLY}.

Ta

Paul

Grand Master
    All 60s Omegas I`ve come across have had the logo in the glass (provided it's a genuine Omega glass). Can`t be 100% certain with the Speedmaster but I think it would have the logo at this age.

If the one you've got doesn`t have the logo it indicates that the glass is probably a generic. If it's in good condition, fits/looks OK and it's keeping the wet out I wouldn`t worry. The only advantage with the genuine glass is knowing that it'll fit correctly and look right; if a generic meets both criteria it'll do the job just as well..........the Omega logo is only significant when selling a watch!

A genuine Omega glass is around £22 + fitting.

Paul

I think the correct bracelet is the 1171 Paul, value? Tricky, condition dependant but I'm going to say £1300-1600 .

I too think the bracelet should be the original 171/633. Others were in use at the same time (link1, link2 needs translation from Japanese), but I'm guessing they were fitted to LE and special models.