closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A little help please; Omega Speedmaster bracelet pin... SORTED.

Banned

A little help please; Omega Speedmaster bracelet pin... SORTED.

Seems I have a knackered bracelet link pin on my Speedy bracelet, its the longer and maybe slightly fatter(?) one that goes between the main bracelet and end link, at the moment I have one of the spares from initial resizing fitted, it fits well but isn't long enough and I don't want to risk it.

Does anybody know where to source these? I tried a quick search but found nothing, and I dread to think what an AD would charge! but may have to go down that route...

TIA.
    Last edited by Osian85; 23rd September 2014 at 13:42.

Grand Master
    An AD shouldn`t charge much to sort this. The pins are approx. £2.50 and the tube is around the same price. This is the sort of thing they should be able to fix. However, if the holes in the links have become elongated/worn it might need an oversize pin to take up the slack. Fitting a standard pin and tube would make the watch safe again but you might find there's more 'stretch' than there should be. You could order these from Cousins but you'll need the bracelet reference number which is somewhere inside the clasp.

It probably makes sense to check the rest of the bracelet very carefully for loose pins. Drop me a PM if you need help/advice to sort it out. I`ve fixed several Seamaster Pro Bond bracelets and these are v. similar. Officially I`m still not taking jobs on at the moment but I`ll help if it's a quickie.

Paul

Which bracelet is it, please? Can you tell us the number from the clasp and the end link? Unless it's an old one, they're likely to be 1998/850 or 1998/849.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Which bracelet is it, please? Can you tell us the number from the clasp and the end link? Unless it's an old one, they're likely to be 1998/850 or 1998/849.
    1620/887 I believe, according to ofrei.com it is.

As you can see its the same as the speedy pro, but curved. It has straight pins though obviously!

And its the longest pin needed, that attaches the end links to the next link.

Can you find the pin you need from this pdf:

Banned
    That takes me to the cousins log in page and i dont have a log in...

Banned
    Ok an update on this, the pin I need is 18mm long as opposed to the regular 16mm length used in removable links, and looks like this... (note the notch is offset)

If anyone can help source one that would be great!

Which link is that in your picture, please? Edit: Is it Omega 118ST162012?

Are you sure it's 18mm and not 17mm?
    Last edited by PickleB; 20th September 2014 at 11:25.

Just had a look at Cousins and neither of the numbers of your bracelet are shown.
    Are you certain that's correct. Only takes a few seconds to register at Cousins.

Banned
    The number for the bracelet is right; 1620/887.

The link in the pic no idea I only used that pic to show the pin how its notched offset.

The pin needed is 18mm because I measured the old naff one.

I tried to register with cousins once before and it wouldnt let me, il try again.

Thanks.

Banned
    A quick update on this, I took the pins out again to measure them, the standard pin is 17mm just about, and the one I need is 19mm.

Registered with Cousins ok this time and they and watchpart.co.uk have several pins in but no mention of lengths, I suspect the ones they list are for removable links and as the bracelet is tapered they are not what im after.

I fired an email to Cousins explaining all this so fingers crossed they can shed some light.

In the meantime if anyone here has any experience with this I would like to hear it, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakadu View Post
    Just had a look at Cousins and neither of the numbers of your bracelet are shown.
    Are you certain that's correct. Only takes a few seconds to register at Cousins.
    Hmm...:

Quote Originally Posted by Osian85 View Post
    A quick update on this, I took the pins out again to measure them, the standard pin is 17mm just about, and the one I need is 19mm.

Registered with Cousins ok this time and they and watchpart.co.uk have several pins in but no mention of lengths, I suspect the ones they list are for removable links and as the bracelet is tapered they are not what im after.

I fired an email to Cousins explaining all this so fingers crossed they can shed some light.

In the meantime if anyone here has any experience with this I would like to hear it, thanks.
    Hopefully they'll be able to ID the right one. Please let us know the answer, when you have it!

Banned
    CousinsUK have emailed back with what looks like an automated email saying 'enquiry cancelled', great.

I rang Omega for the ref number for this particular pin and they gave me 128ST2000 as the number they use for the pin that attatches the end link to the bracelet, 'iv heard that number before' I said, its the number for the smaller pin further down the bracelet for the removable links, 'oh yes your right sir, in that case we cant help you goodbye'.

Wow this is getting annoying, do not lose or damage one of these pins for god sake!

CousinsUK have emailed back with what looks like an automated email saying 'enquiry cancelled', great.

I rang Omega for the ref number for this particular pin and they gave me 128ST2000 as the number they use for the pin that attatches the end link to the bracelet, 'iv heard that number before' I said, its the number for the smaller pin further down the bracelet for the removable links, 'oh yes your right sir, in that case we cant help you goodbye'.

Wow this is getting annoying, do not lose or damage one of these pins for god sake!
    Call Cousins and talk them through your problem? You've got most of the diagram they'll be looking at, so you'll need to get them to scroll the list down to the last few items. Their number is:

01 708 757 800
    10.00am-12.30pm, 1.30pm-4.00pm GMT
    so they open until 13h30 and then 14h30 to 17h00 this afternoon

Cousins won't help on the phone. They are trade only and don't answer questions these days about what part works with what.
    That includes trade like me and I spend over a grand a week with them!

The pin is very standard and any watchmaker should have them in or generic stock they can quickly cut to fit.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dom_ View Post
    Cousins won't help on the phone. They are trade only and don't answer questions these days about what part works with what.
    That includes trade like me and I spend over a grand a week with them!

The pin is very standard and any watchmaker should have them in or generic stock they can quickly cut to fit.
    +1, a generic pin can be cut to fit. If I was the OP I`d try an Omega dealer first; they should be able to get the right pin.

Dealing with Cousins can be a challenge, they are hard work.

Paul

Banned
    Ok a final update then, as every company I spoke to about this was so clueless, even Omega! I had to think outside the box; I could buy regular link pins and tubes for the removable links but not this longer pin for the end link, my bracelet is 20mm making the removable links 18mm, what bracelet is 22mm with 20mm removable links? Full size Planet Ocean I hear you say...!? I ordered a linkpin and tube from that and upon arrival put the two side by side (my one remaining good pin and the new one) Voila - exactly the same.

Now its back on the wrist...

Thanks for the help guys, all sorted.

Ok a final update then, as every company I spoke to about this was so clueless, even Omega! I had to think outside the box; I could buy regular link pins and tubes for the removable links but not this longer pin for the end link, my bracelet is 20mm making the removable links 18mm, what bracelet is 22mm with 20mm removable links? Full size Planet Ocean I hear you say...!? I ordered a linkpin and tube from that and upon arrival put the two side by side (my one remaining good pin and the new one) Voila - exactly the same...
    Well done...that's good news. What was the part number, please?

Grand Master
    Mankind can send a manned mission to the Moon and send spacecraft into deep dark space.

You request Mankind to help with your mission to find a PIN for your watch,and your left in the dark!!!WTF.

Banned
    Pin: 128ST9050
    Tube: 201ST0059

Did the trick nicely for me.

Master
    Sorry, late to the party on this one, I know you're sorted now, but for my 2 pence worth; I realise that not everyone may be able to pay an easy visit, but I've called into the omega boutique on Bond St before and they've supplied and fitted links for free. They even give you a nice cuppa whilst you wait and let you try on the goddies before you leave. The Omega service really is second to none in my opinion.

Arlbedarned!

Good result, but you could have saved hours of 'research' and just taken it to a competent repairers and had it done in 2 minutes for a few quid.
    Guess that's not so much fun though.

Banned
    Yeah but I didn't want any old bloke and any old pin, I wanted original Omega and I knew I could do it very easily.