closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Paypal chargeback advice !!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    I could be wrong but I believe you should never allow collection if paid by paypal. The buyer could claim non delivery afterwards and you would lose the case if you can't prove delivery by online tracking. Anything signed by the buyer would not be considered by ebay when deciding the case.
    This. If accepting collection then cash on collection only.

TBH this is all getting a little silly - ebay that is - I just can't understand how alienating
    sellers helps a business model that relies on them.....time for an auction site, watches only that actually works
    for the market instead of against it! If I wasn't busy again I would seriously put some time and energy into setting
    up such a venture.....start up cost would be diddley squat in the grand scheme of things....come on all you city whiz kids with
    big bonuses - why not....would cost less than a Patek to set up + a couple of peeps to administrate. That's the last free
    idea you get from me....any more will cost! ;.)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakadu View Post
    time for an auction site, watches only that actually works
    for the market instead of against it! If I wasn't busy again I would seriously put some time and energy into setting
    up such a venture.....start up cost would be diddley squat in the grand scheme of things
    Wasn't there someone here maybe a year ago who intended to do just this?

As it happens I think it's more difficult and costly than it might seem. The two key costs and difficulties, to my mind, would be (a) getting buyer/seller protection balanced and right (and this could be costly) and (b) marketing (and thus generating a significant market size).

I believe that a site that intends to compete significantly will idelaly need to offer some kind of protection to both buyers and sellers. This is potentially costly. It will also need experts to be able to prevent fakes from being peddled on the site. Costly again.

But the biggest difficulty and cost will be promoting/marketing the site such that people will use it and that it will actually gain a worthwhile market size to compete with eBay.

The reasons that eBay continues with such great success despite increasing prices and despite being not as friendly as it could be for sellers are (a) because it has access to an overwhelmingly large market and (b) for the market size that it offers to sellers it is still remarkably good value. Anyone setting up to compete again this, even in a niche area, will find is very costly indeed and very difficult. Marketing alone will gobble of tens of millions, I'd reckon.

Any update on the outcome? Hope it turns out well.

No not yet mate.

I spoke to them 2 days ago & uploaded the fellow collectors email which he gave me permission to use

The Gent in question is a Mr Vincent de Fresquet.

His email is vincentdefresquet@yahoo.fr (This is his paypal,email & other uses)

He is easy to find on Facebook

He has something to do with the Autobianchi club France

He also has some clout with the roads system (I think. I cant read French but if you type his email it brings this up in google)

I have emailed him on his email account & at the Autobianchi club & on Facebook & he is ignoring all....

If all else fails i will get a flight for £90 & go there to get the watch back. As previously said he did this in May but used an Ebay account with a different address but for his attention. I assume this could be his work of car club address

Looking at his pics you wouldnt think he would do this but then again most mass murderers look innocent
    Last edited by blackie; 19th September 2014 at 10:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakadu View Post
    I just can't understand how alienating sellers helps a business model that relies on them
    Because the business model actually relies on attracting BUYERS. Once you have them, the Sellers will always follow - which is why eBay and PayPal processes are so heavily biased in favour of Buyers (just like many nightclubs allow females in without paying, knowing that male customers will pay to get in if there are enough females present).

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Wasn't there someone here maybe a year ago who intended to do just this?

As it happens I think it's more difficult and costly than it might seem. The two key costs and difficulties, to my mind, would be (a) getting buyer/seller protection balanced and right (and this could be costly) and (b) marketing (and thus generating a significant market size).

I believe that a site that intends to compete significantly will idelaly need to offer some kind of protection to both buyers and sellers. This is potentially costly. It will also need experts to be able to prevent fakes from being peddled on the site. Costly again.

But the biggest difficulty and cost will be promoting/marketing the site such that people will use it and that it will actually gain a worthwhile market size to compete with eBay.

The reasons that eBay continues with such great success despite increasing prices and despite being not as friendly as it could be for sellers are (a) because it has access to an overwhelmingly large market and (b) for the market size that it offers to sellers it is still remarkably good value. Anyone setting up to compete again this, even in a niche area, will find is very costly indeed and very difficult. Marketing alone will gobble of tens of millions, I'd reckon.
    You are of course correct in everything you say - in principle, however "marketing" is a controllable cost, and if say Chrono24 or Auctionata were to do it then the set up costs would be much reduced as they already have the infrastructure in place. Also with PayPal now about to be split from Ebay (or so I have heard) one could have a "PayPal only" rule for selling and buying thus protecting all parties. If indeed PayPal were operating as a "stand alone" business again they would probably look at the idea favourably. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Kakadu; 19th September 2014 at 11:13. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Michael E View Post
    I wonder how many more people he has done this to?
    I've just had a similar experience with a buyer from France. He purchased a vintage chrono from me, left positive feedback and then 2 months later the credit card company filed a chargeback due to fraud.

I wonder if it's the same buyer - OP please can you PM with more details? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    I think he has something to do with this

Same name same email as paypal and email

Vincent de FRESQUET

http://www.clubautobianchi.fr/Infos-legales_361.html
    Just seen this and it's the same buyer that defrauded me!

Master
    This is the reason I never use Paypal, the horror stories I've read in the past years... Paypal seem to side with the buyer, regardless of what evidence the seller has.

It seems Vincent has more up his sleeve... Good luck with getting it sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    He also did the same with another Heuer collector

I will pm my email addy. Can you possibly email me details of the claim so I can add it to the details on site
    Last edited by blackie; 21st September 2014 at 09:49.

Master
    Sounds like you lot need to get together and get the French Police involved. And the credit card company too - they seem to be abetting the fraud - surely their fraud detection team have picked up on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    Sounds like you lot need to get together and get the French Police involved. And the credit card company too - they seem to be abetting the fraud - surely their fraud detection team have picked up on this.
    Agreed. I think paypal need to act quickly once I've uploaded more details. If WC1 can send me those today I will upload and ring them to discuss it tomorrow.
    I'm hoping that they may refund my cash back but knowing paypal and the stories I'm not holding my breath

Ebay+PayPal is a pain nowadays! I myself try to keep any high-value item off it.

Some time ago I had an issue with a bloke in Malaysia, sold a vintage Seiko on eBay, 55 days later i get a message he never received it.

eBay says a buyer must open a case within 45 days from sale date BUT it gives the buyer 60 days to leave feedback, so essentially the buyer can get a refund even after the 45 days, like what I had to do , on top of that , if +45 days pass you will NOT get neither your Ppal nor eBay fees back even though you give a full refund. Bloody ripoff that , a very nice loophole for eBay/PayPal to ensure they keep their fees.

they always dide with the buyer which is why its face to face only for me with sales. Ebay hate it if you state no paypal as i understand its only the UK site that they insist you take it on.

Hi

Sorry to hear about this....I would tell him to Pay up now or you are going to contact every single person on the Parish Council including Father Rabel

http://www.saintpierredeneuilly.com/...mique-778.html

Vincent FRESQUET
    Email: vincentdefresquet@yahoo.fr
    Tel: 06 77 19 40 76

Good luck !

Best - Neil

I would mate if I knew what the bloody thing said

Paypal chargeback advice !!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan83bz View Post
    Ebay+PayPal is a pain nowadays! I myself try to keep any high-value item off it.

Some time ago I had an issue with a bloke in Malaysia, sold a vintage Seiko on eBay, 55 days later i get a message he never received it.

eBay says a buyer must open a case within 45 days from sale date BUT it gives the buyer 60 days to leave feedback, so essentially the buyer can get a refund even after the 45 days, like what I had to do , on top of that , if +45 days pass you will NOT get neither your Ppal nor eBay fees back even though you give a full refund. Bloody ripoff that , a very nice loophole for eBay/PayPal to ensure they keep their fees.
    How exactly does this work? They cant open a case yet can still get a refund?

Credit card company should also question someone with so many claims of not authorising. If true it means you are hacked or your CC details are out in the open yet. If put a red flag next to that name.
    Last edited by Glen Goyne; 23rd September 2014 at 07:19.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    How exactly does this work? They cant open a case yet can still get a refund?

Credit card company should also question someone with so many claims of not authorising. If true it means you are hacked or your CC details are out in the open yet. If put a red flag next to that name.
    I inferred from this that Dan83bz was effectively being threatened with a neg if he didn't refund.

Thanks. I would take the neg and stop on eBay but then again I hardly use it. Hate threats.

Well the plot thickens....

Mr Vincent de Fresquet perhaps has alternative names.

He scammed me & someone else using his own name

On ebay it looks like he goes under the name vfda112.

He pays using the name Alain Schlesinger

His ebay payment email is as24heures1966@yahoo.fr

But surprise surprise look who is named on the address

M. Vincent de Fresquet
    Bureaux angle rez de chausee
    29 Rue Eugene Millon
    75015 Paris Ile De France
    France

If you check the feedback over the last 6 months he has left +ve feedback to sellers then claimed a chargeback. How can paypal let this carry on ?

I have sent them more details today insisting that they takeme serious on this & follow this up as its an obvious scam if he is doing this.

How the bloody hell can he get away with leaving +ve then doing a chargeback. Hes perhaps got hold of 5-6K worth of watches that we know about just by playing this game & nothings done about it

Sorry to go on about this like Miss bloody Marple but its starting to really piss me off

PAYPAL - FAIL
    Last edited by blackie; 23rd September 2014 at 13:59.

Master
    I would say this has gone past asking paypal/eBay to sort it out.

It's crime, report to the police and let paypal/eBay know that what you have done.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Essexman View Post
    I would say this has gone past asking paypal/eBay to sort it out.

It's crime, report to the police and let paypal/eBay know that what you have done.
    Agreed - report to police.

Yes, he is Vincent de FRESQUET.

I had the same experience: sold him a watch on Ebay, got a positive feedback and, when I was in Greece this summer, around mid August ... I got the chargeback.

Thanks God I coudl get back home in time to send to Paypal the proof of shipping to his Paypal registered address. After 10 days Paypal unlocked my account. They were very nice and helping.
    They said they would have done something to this bastard. However, after I changed my feedback on him, I'm receiving a lot of PM from chargeback'ed guys. What the hell do they need at Ebay to lock his account?

Gatt

Can you pm me any details of the transaction so I can upload to paypal or pm me your email addy

Gatt

Can you pm me any details of the transaction so I can upload to paypal or pm me your email addy
    You have simply to call Paypal. They will give you these instructions:

1) scan the shipping receipt (you must have shipped to the address provided by Paypal),
    2) scan any e-mail or PM sent and received with the buyer,
    3) send everything to Paypal following their instructions.

This should fix the problem.

Next thing: lets hire a couple of hitmen and ship them to his address. Arms and legs badly broken shoudl be enuff.

Yes i have done all of that my friend but i have uploaded all of the scams so far that have been sent to me.

If you could send me yours i will upload that as well which hopefully will speed up my refund & also speed up PP with catching this arsehole.

I honestly want to really punch this nobber very hard

Yes i have done all of that my friend but i have uploaded all of the scams so far that have been sent to me.
    If you could send me yours i will upload that as well which hopefully will speed up my refund & also speed up PP with catching this arsehole.
    I dont understand how sending you my Paypal payment and shipping receipt could help Paypal to stop this a**hole. They already have all my documentation.

I'd like to add a thing: you dont have to do anything with/against his credit card company. Paypal will deal with them, and they are good at it. It took only 10 days to cancel the chargeback since the day I sent the scanned shipping receipt to Paypal.

Only because it shows all the cases together. They may not see a link otherwise.
    It's no issue if you don't want to send it

Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    What an absolute turd

It's time for -

If you have not done it already...call the GENDARMERIE!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    Hi

Sorry to hear about this....I would tell him to Pay up now or you are going to contact every single person on the Parish Council including Father Rabel

http://www.saintpierredeneuilly.com/...mique-778.html

Vincent FRESQUET
    Email: vincentdefresquet@yahoo.fr
    Tel: 06 77 19 40 76

Good luck !

Best - Neil
    That's what surprses me the most. The neighbors would say: "can't believe it, it was a friendly, church going, docile man who kept to himself". It's always the quiet buggers, seemingly innocent.

Call the police, gather a hunting party and visit the a-hole... See how he likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperC View Post
    That's what surprses me the most. The neighbors would say: "can't believe it, it was a friendly, church going, docile man who kept to himself". It's always the quiet buggers, seemingly innocent.
    Yes does seem odd. He's certainly not hard to find on the web. Are you sure it's him and not a case of identity theft?

As well as that automobile club he appears to be invoved in several companies. From http://www.verif.com/dirigeants/Vinc...SQUET-4324166/:-

"Vincent DE FRESQUET was born 7 February 1970. Vincent DE FRESQUET is president of the company Sport and co Garage which was established in 2013. The turnover of the company is not disclosed.

Vincent DE FRESQUET is representative of three other companies:

Pernet Faure , Sas Mehfs Industries , Societe Oikos Property ...
    ."

Not as odd as him not responding to Any emails no matter what address you use.
    I'm sure if it was me I'd like to at least respond to find out what my name was being used for. Not just ringing up the bank and putting a block on every transaction I wasn't happy with. Surely if that was the case the bank would have issued new cards over the last 6 months

Craftsman
    I assume you have tried Emailing him in French? We have several customers in France that don't speak a word of English let alone reading it.

Yes mate

Tried phoning him? It would shit him up if nothing else....

I've been thinking about that

Only because it shows all the cases together. They may not see a link otherwise.
    It's no issue if you don't want to send it
    Chargeback = Claim/Dispute for Paypal. So they can see everything. I talked with the Paypal guy and he was aware of the behaviour of that french a**hole.

The problem is that Paypal cant do anything when a credit card company blocks a payment. They must freeze immediately your Paypal account and only then send all the docs to the cc company.

Paypal is owned by Ebay but it seems they cant ban an Ebay customer so easily.

We can start building a wicker man - seriously though if you don't speak French, find a mate who does and
    give the boys from the legion a bell....they are helpful, got a fake rolex pulled from the internet and the chap - with
    bricks and mortar shop a caution. It does work, language only hurdle to skip.
    Best of luck!

I'll have a mooch around the office see if we have any French speakers

I've got a couple of fluent French speakers in my family if you need any help.

Thanks Tam

Still amazed by this thread. Especially how this guy managed to pull of the stunt a few times. I imagine if you ask your cc company for a chargeback that they would unlink or even close the paypal account it was used in. So many loopholes for liars and frauds and the hassle to get justice. Good luck.

Yes I'm amazed as well even more so by PayPal and ebay who continue to let this joker continue using the sites

Still awaiting news.
    What with my Daughter being ill, my Dad having radiotherapy and an impending house move it's shit I don't need to be dealing with

UTTER UTTER SHOWER OF USELESS BASTARDS
    Dear David Black,
    To dispute this chargeback, the credit card issuer asked us to provide documentation that would address the buyer's concern. The buyer stated that they did not authorise this purchase.As we did not receive the necessary documentation, we were unable to dispute the chargeback with the credit card issuer.Here are the details of this case: -
    Buyer's name: Vincent de FRESQUET-
    Buyer's email: vincentdefresquet@yahoo.fr- Buyer's transaction ID: 0KJ26218R3928913A-
    Your transaction ID: 5G1217918X4611325-
    Transaction date: 9 August 2014-
    Transaction amount: £1,070.00 GBP-
    Disputed amount: €1,444.13 EUR
    The disputed amount has now been debited from your PayPal account because of the following reason(s):-
    This transaction was not marked as eligible for Seller Protection.In addition, you have been debited a chargeback fee.

What ???? How???? Didnt he authorize by paying through hus paypal account? And verifiably receive a watch ???

Craftsman
    I feel for you mate, I'd be seething about this.
    Last edited by Petewon; 28th September 2014 at 16:28.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    My friend, if I were you I would be hopping a flight tomorrow!!!!