closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Victorinox Inox

Master

Victorinox Inox

Does anybody know the UK release date for this? I have searched the web and the only thing I can find is 'Autumn'. It looks like it would make a great every day beater/sports watch.

Master
    just googled this and found this article/;

http://www.gizmag.com/vixtorinox-ino...elworld/31416/

It sounds superb and is certainly something i would consider. id be interested to see it being driven over by a tank!
    Last edited by poppy; 13th September 2014 at 09:43.

Master

Master
    It does sound good and lookswise I think it looks great.

Looks great, the only photos I'd seen before were with the rubber bumper fitted and I thought it liked awful! - is this finally a 'g shock' for grown ups?!

43mm and quartz. That's a double no thanks from me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Looks great, the only photos I'd seen before were with the rubber bumper fitted and I thought it liked awful! - is this finally a 'g shock' for grown ups?!
    that is exactly what i was thinking. i think this could be the ultimate tough watch and i am sorely tempted to get one when they are released. wierdly i didnt know they existed until i opened this thread but now i really want one!

Master
    I currently have a Citizen Royal Marines Commando watch which I use as my tough watch but I find it a little small and am not a massive fan of the Royal Marines logo on it. I will probably replace it with the Inox.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Binsull; 13th September 2014 at 13:01.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    43mm and quartz. That's a double no thanks from me.
    +1

and no bracelet makes it a triple no thanks from me

Give it a three o'clock date and I might be interested.

Blog Entries
    ^^^^ ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHH! The second hand doesn't hit the markers.

I'm off for a lie down now.

I think this is a great looking watch. I like the idea of a Swiss G Shock! Very tempted.

BTW please put the Royal Marines watch on the right colour NATO!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gregwhitehouse View Post
    I think this is a great looking watch. I like the idea of a Swiss G Shock! Very tempted.

BTW please put the Royal Marines watch on the right colour NATO!
    Ha! What colour would that be? Surely the right colour is the colour I like it on? ;)

Its a pretty decent watch to be fair.

Royal Marines' colours are blue either side with centre stripes of yellow, green and red.

Back to the first post, does anybody know a release date in the UK.

It's out now.

Got mine today.
    Ordered from watchshop

There's something about the case design I really like - looks very purposeful and rugged without shouting about it. Does the odd rubber bumper come with it or is that an optional extra?!

Quote Originally Posted by vinstink View Post
    It's out now.

Got mine today.
    Ordered from watchshop
    Just looked they only have green. I guess I will have to wait for the black a little while longer.

I see they are selling it with a NATO strap.

John Lewis stock Victorinox so I might pop into my local branch and take a look.

I see they are selling it with a NATO strap.
    I didnt get a nato.

I did see on a video that one came with a nato and a knife? No such freebies with this....

apart from the bumper that is

Looks like the perfect holiday watch - put the bumper on for the beach and trips to areas where you'd feel uncomfortable wearing a 'fancy watch' then wear it out for dinner with the bumper removed. I've also noticed the chunky crown guards which seem to work very well. Is it a 22mm lug width?

Looks rather good, although I can't help feeling that on something that purports to be touch as nails the polished bezel edges should really be brushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post
    Does anybody know the UK release date for this? I have searched the web and the only thing I can find is 'Autumn'. It looks like it would make a great every day beater/sports watch.
    See I.N.O.X. launch in Panama. Before that it was Japan...who knows when they'll have enough stock to supply to the UK?

Edit: There's a blue one on the SC...no connection to me.
    Last edited by PickleB; 18th September 2014 at 12:32.

Master
    It's out now.

Got mine today.
    Ordered from watchshop
    Hi vinstink,

I see you have put yours up for sale now. I'm still trying to make up my mind about a black one and was just wondering if there is there anything in particular you don't like about it?

Its as I said in the listing, I just prefer a G Shock for daily wear

Simple as that!

I did have this almost 2 days before deciding to flip, so it must be good!

Master
    Its as I said in the listing, I just prefer a G Shock for daily wear

Simple as that!

I did have this almost 2 days before deciding to flip, so it must be good!
    Fair enough. I'm trying to decide whether it would replace my SKX171 or Citizen as a daily knockabout and holiday watch.
    Last edited by Binsull; 18th September 2014 at 14:24.

Fair enough. I'm trying to decide whether it would replace my SKX171 as a daily knockabout and holiday watch.
    If you're regularly falling out of three storey buildings, subject to chemical attack or being run over by armoured vehicles, that Seiko is no good for you.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    If you're regularly falling out of three storey buildings, subject to chemical attack or being run over by armoured vehicles, that Seiko is no good for you.
    Only in the mornings before I put a watch on.

Master
    This is still an itch I am feeling the need to scratch even though I have zero need for it. I still haven't been able to see one in the flesh though and there doesn't seem to be many comments about it from owners on t'internet.

Anybody else purchased this? Your opinion would be greatly appreciated!

Craftsman
    Royal Marines' colours are blue either side with centre stripes of yellow, green and red.

Back to the first post, does anybody know a release date in the UK.
    Royal Marines land from the sea BLUE hit the beach YELLOW go into the jungle GREEN get shot RED get buried at sea BLUE. (Alternatively the combined colours of the Royal Navy, Duke of York and Albany's Maritime Regiment of Foot, Royal Marines Light Infantry, Royal Marines Artillery.)

I really like both the watches on this thread especially the Victorinox Inox. The Citizen is also nice but I am not a fan of the RM Commando flash on the dial - Unless the wearer is or was a Royal Marine.

It is a large watch with a reasonable weight to it, but that suits my tastes perfectly. I'm very impressed with the build quality. I know we've all read about how tough these things are, but the finesse in the finishing surprised me. The polished accents on the edge of the bezel look particularly good and the dial has a really precision and clarity to it. Mine also looks great in blue, IMHO.

The odd thing about it is that for me the "tough" credentials are a bit of a waste. If I'm doing something where there's a possibility of my watch getting bashed then I wear a G-Shock. I'm not a big fan of the look of G-Shocks, and wouldn't wear one to go out for the evening for instance, but I like the fact they're tough and if one of mine does get marked then it's not the end of the world. The I.N.O.X. on the other hand has similar claims of strength and toughness, and wearing one and appreciating the quality I can quite believe it, but because it's so nicely finished and looks so good, I don't want to get it marked! Therefore I shan't be wearing the Victorinox in any situation where it may need all those rugged features Victorinox claim for it.

My summary therefore is, buy one for the looks, style, build quality, but don't buy one as a replacement for a G-Shock if its lovely finish is likely to get spoiled. Oh, and as for the protective "bumper", I think it looks ridiculous!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_O View Post
    It is a large watch with a reasonable weight to it, but that suits my tastes perfectly. I'm very impressed with the build quality. I know we've all read about how tough these things are, but the finesse in the finishing surprised me. The polished accents on the edge of the bezel look particularly good and the dial has a really precision and clarity to it. Mine also looks great in blue, IMHO.

The odd thing about it is that for me the "tough" credentials are a bit of a waste. If I'm doing something where there's a possibility of my watch getting bashed then I wear a G-Shock. I'm not a big fan of the look of G-Shocks, and wouldn't wear one to go out for the evening for instance, but I like the fact they're tough and if one of mine does get marked then it's not the end of the world. The I.N.O.X. on the other hand has similar claims of strength and toughness, and wearing one and appreciating the quality I can quite believe it, but because it's so nicely finished and looks so good, I don't want to get it marked! Therefore I shan't be wearing the Victorinox in any situation where it may need all those rugged features Victorinox claim for it.

My summary therefore is, buy one for the looks, style, build quality, but don't buy one as a replacement for a G-Shock if its lovely finish is likely to get spoiled. Oh, and as for the protective "bumper", I think it looks ridiculous!
    Thanks Ian. I agree that the bumper looks ridiculous! I can also relate to you not wanting to mess the watch up. I have bought so many watches now with the intention of using them as beaters only to get them and think they are just too nice to mistreat!

Thanks Ian. I agree that the bumper looks ridiculous! I can also relate to you not wanting to mess the watch up. I have bought so many watches now with the intention of using them as beaters only to get them and think they are just too nice to mistreat!
    Glad to hear it's not just me who finds it difficult to be casual about getting watches scratched! I've always been a bit overprotective of mine.

Some photos to (maybe) help you decide -

Master
    That does look good!

Craftsman
    I have to say it's a striking looking watch especially in blue.

Want another grab and go option as my current one is very much a beaten up beater. Had the finger poised on the buy now button last night on a blue one but waiting feedback on something else which should know on tonight, if that doesnt come through then will definitely go ahead.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_O View Post
    Glad to hear it's not just me who finds it difficult to be casual about getting watches scratched! I've always been a bit overprotective of mine.

Some photos to (maybe) help you decide -

Your pictures convinced me Ian. Just ordered a black one from First Class Watches. They are listed at £329 but you can send an offer to them on their webpage. Offered £300 and they accepted.

I was going to pay John Lewis £329, might give them a try at £300 if I go for it.

Your pictures convinced me Ian. Just ordered a black one from First Class Watches. They are listed at £329 but you can send an offer to them on their webpage. Offered £300 and they accepted.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    I was going to pay John Lewis £329, might give them a try at £300 if I go for it.
    Perhaps you should try lower! :)

Excellent, well done! I'm sure you'll be pleased with it when it arrives.

It did cross my mind but never dealt with them before and wasnt sure if they would come back with counter
    offer or if you just got 1 shot.

Perhaps you should try lower! :)

Master
    It did cross my mind but never dealt with them before and wasnt sure if they would come back with counter
    offer or if you just got 1 shot.
    Yeah I'm not sure how it works as that was the first time I had tried it. I submitted the offer via the webform (bit confusing as it comes up as a price match form) and then about an hour later I received an email saying they were happy to offer me the watch at that price. The email contained a link which you click on and it takes you straight to checkout with the watch selected and the revised price. Free delivery too.

Yeah I'm not sure how it works as that was the first time I had tried it. I submitted the offer via the webform (bit confusing as it comes up as a price match form) and then about an hour later I received an email saying they were happy to offer me the watch at that price. The email contained a link which you click on and it takes you straight to checkout with the watch selected and the revised price. Free delivery too.
    What did you put in as the company/link for the price match?

As a G shock fan I think these look really good. As a 'grown up' I sometimes think my frogman looks a bit daft, I guess you could wear the Inox with the bumper on as a daytime holiday beater (and who'd mug you for that horror!) Then wear it without when you go for dinner etc. Covers both bases then!

Master
    What did you put in as the company/link for the price match?
    I just put 'offer price'.

Yep I decided to put 'this is an offer' and tried £275. Just got a reply saying absolute lowest they could do was £299 which have accepted.

I just put 'offer price'.

Master
    Yep I decided to put 'this is an offer' and tried £275. Just got a reply saying absolute lowest they could do was £299 which have accepted.
    Damn - I could have saved myself a pound! :)

If they had accepted the 275, I wouldnt have said anything

Damn - I could have saved myself a pound! :)

Master
    If they had accepted the 275, I wouldnt have said anything
    Ha!