closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My shiny new Invicta

My shiny new Invicta

Lightly modified, I've installed a domed acrylic crystal, new dial and hands, sanded the Invicta branding from the side, brushed the other side, changed the bezel insert to red and given it some black leather with red stitching.

Absolutely love the end result, the bastard lovechild of a Sub, Explorer and Proplof. In keeping with tradition, apologies for the rubbish pics, it always amazes me how grubby a clean-to-the-naked-eye watch looks in a photograph.

The work was surprisingly easy to carry out, the one issue I had was, typically, with the hands, especially the seconds hand which was never going to fit after I broke a bit off the original seconds hand and left it stuck in the pinion. I gave up and got a professional to install the hands. Apart from that, all my own work and I'm chuffed to bits!

That looks lovely, what a successful mod job.

IŽd like one of those. Excellent work.

Master
    Looks great total transformation!
    Enjoy it ;)

Craftsman
    Maybe excepting the orange hand I think it looks great. A bit cheaper as a base model I suspect than a Seiko.

Quote Originally Posted by watkins101 View Post
    Maybe excepting the orange hand I think it looks great. A bit cheaper as a base model I suspect than a Seiko.
    I will admit, the minute hand is a minor disappointment, the choices were red or orange, I chose the red but it isn't as deep as I thought it'd be so it does look a bit orangey against the deep red of the bezel insert and dial logo.

At only 60 quid for the Invicta, it was significantly cheaper than using a Seiko as a base but with a Seiko movement inside, parts were readily available.
    Last edited by Papa Hotel; 11th September 2014 at 17:47.

Well done.

That's a really good mod, and probably the only acceptable thing to do with an Invicta. Did the parts come from Dagaz?

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    Well done.

That's a really good mod, and probably the only acceptable thing to do with an Invicta. Did the parts come from Dagaz?
    Yeah, the dial and hands are from Dagaz. It had to be Dagaz, I just can't get my head around Yobokies and his strange business practices.

Despite getting rid of the Invicta dial and the branding from the side of the case, the watch still has three bloody Invicta logos on it; on the caseback, the rotor and the crown. I'll probably leave those three as they are, two are hidden when wearing it and I don't mind the signed crown.

I know Invicta produces a load of tat, but the 8926 actually has pretty great reviews. A genuine 200m diver with solid SS case, solid SS bracelet and an automatic Seiko movement which I bought for only 60 quid, although prices seem to fluctuate wildly on eBay and Amazon. Despite the decent reviews, I can't stand the branding and was happy to buy one as a modification project rather than something to keep as standard.

Craftsman

Very nice work

Looks really nice...

I have a Invicta 8926 which I was intending to mod as it has the NH35A movement with hack and handwind. There is a whole thread on WUS about mods:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/let...ds-895244.html

Hello I have invicta watches too. I hadn't thought of sanding off the side logo so thanks for the idea! Did you do it to both sides? Did you use a filler to bulk up the logo side? As I think the etching goes down pretty deep.

Quote Originally Posted by budfox88 View Post
    Hello I have invicta watches too. I hadn't thought of sanding off the side logo so thanks for the idea! Did you do it to both sides? Did you use a filler to bulk up the logo side? As I think the etching goes down pretty deep.
    The etching isn't as deep as you'd think, it turned out to be a ten minute job with a dremel, maybe another ten minutes to tidy up the finish, absolutely no filling required. There's an awful lot on WUS about using a file and taking ages over it, I don't think it's necessary, a dremel and the right part will take it right off in no time and look fine.

I also used the dremel on the crown side of the case as well, just to give it the same finish on both sides.

Unhappy with the orange Plongeur minute hand and not convinced the white hands worked particularly well, I've changed to silver UDT hands. Much happier now, I think it's much better resolved and I'll keep it as is for a while.

Ah those hands have made a world of difference! The whole thing really 'pops' now, nice job mate

Craftsman
    Looks great,

Really like that `Tudor` Look

Much nicer now, good work!

Quote Originally Posted by NIGELW View Post
    Looks great,

Really like that `Tudor` Look
    Cheers chaps.

I purposely stayed away from the BB dial and snowflake hands, it's getting a bit over-done these days. However... I've been toying with taking off the crown guards. We'll see.