closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SuB C :)

Blog Entries

SuB C :)

Hi All,

I recently managed to finally get a chance to own a ND SubC.

I must admit for a number of years I did not get this watch or the previous versions.

After owing a number of classic diver watches over the years I am now a convert.

I think this one is the best :)

Some pics

Last edited by MFB Scotland; 7th September 2014 at 18:08.

Nice one.

It won't stop there, you know that! Give it a year and you'll be looking at vintage Subs and muttering stuff about puffy lume.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    Nice one.

It won't stop there, you know that! Give it a year and you'll be looking at vintage Subs and muttering stuff about puffy lume.
    Ha ha...I don't think my watch condition OCD would extend to vintage :)

At present my favourite watch in the current line-up, and the one I have on my wrist at this very moment. Such a balanced dial thanks to the lack of date, and it wears very comfortably indeed.

This opinion may or may not change when I try on the new SD and, as the two watches are so similar, it will be a real "one or the other" decision I will have to make.

Craftsman
    Great watch, for any occasion!

My SubC ND is the default choice every morning.

They are very, very nice. The bracelet and clasp system are really good IMO - a big improvement over the previous non c versions. I tried a SubC on again today and I have to say I'm tempted to go for one of these as the 'big purchase' I've promised myself to mark a significant birthday later this year. Looks like I'm gonna have to wait until January 2015 though when my ISA matures (I'm gonna talk to Nationwide toworrow about an early termination figure but I'm guessing it won't make financial sense to liquidate early :-( )

Anyway, enjoy it OP!

Craftsman
    Congrats, that is an excellent watch! I find myself wearing my Sub-C (date version) most of the time!

Lovely watch, with very comfortable bracelet. I would personally miss the date (thus why I have both the SubC LV and 16600 - thought about consolidating to the new SDc but think I prefer the flexibility of two colour options). I can't see me changing for a bit (unit l I get bored).
    Last edited by jukeboxs; 7th September 2014 at 23:01. Reason: typo

Master
    Congrats, I stayed away from Rolex for a number of years because of its image but once I properly tried on a subc I was hooked.

zsayub116610
    Awesome! The SubND is a spectacular watch; Art.

Congratulations. The ceramic Sub is just the best all rounder I've found in my watch travels. I do prefer the look of the sub over the sub date but I'm one of those people that can't do without the date function (although I do make exception for the 36mm Explorer I). If I'd bought the subc as my first decent watch I wonder if I'd have so many watches today.

Master

Rolex sub

Stunning piece I keep debating between this and a gmt Ill get round to it one day ;)

Craftsman
    Congratulations on becoming the proud owner of a ND Ceramic Sub.

My first Rolex was a 14060M Sub which I sold after a few months to get the Ceramic Sub.

I just love everything about mine and hope you will too.

Wear it and enjoy it.

Trevor

I'm glad you managed to get a hold of one, Michael. I remember you'd been on the prowl for a wee while.

They're versatile, incredibly comfortable, and for me, a huge improvement over the 14060M. I'm sure you'll end up wearing it a lot more than you expect and doubt I'll be seeing this one on SC any time soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RossC View Post
    I'm glad you managed to get a hold of one, Michael. I remember you'd been on the prowl for a wee while.

They're versatile, incredibly comfortable, and for me, a huge improvement over the 14060M. I'm sure you'll end up wearing it a lot more than you expect and doubt I'll be seeing this one on SC any time soon.
    Hi Ross,

Cheers.

I have worn the Sub almost exclusively for a week now. Just popped my Explorer II on for a nice change.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    They are very, very nice. The bracelet and clasp system are really good IMO - a big improvement over the previous non c versions. I tried a SubC on again today and I have to say I'm tempted to go for one of these as the 'big purchase' I've promised myself to mark a significant birthday later this year. Looks like I'm gonna have to wait until January 2015 though when my ISA matures (I'm gonna talk to Nationwide toworrow about an early termination figure but I'm guessing it won't make financial sense to liquidate early :-( )

Anyway, enjoy it OP!
    Buy it on interest free and then pay it off when your isa matures. Your unlikely to get a discount anyway.

Stunning watch BTW. Im starting tho prefer these to the date version. It just looks right , the symmetry and design.Its a perfect daily wearer.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Buy it on interest free and then pay it off when your isa matures. Your unlikely to get a discount anyway.

Stunning watch BTW. Im starting tho prefer these to the date version. It just looks right , the symmetry and design.Its a perfect daily wearer.

Where can you buy on interest free?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Goldsmiths UK offer this

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Most Rolex agents will do it. Try one on the outskirts of london .Like Goldsmiths in Watford has a sub no date in the window two weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post

I have seriously thought about this but I don't think they would give me credit. The vast majority of my income is (legitimately) UK tax free.

No date ? What were you thinking

Its lovely Michael.Enjoy its lovely