closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any sky tv offers

Journeyman

Any sky tv offers

The boss of the house hold has ask if we can have sky tv. I remember someone posting on here with a family and friends offer but I can't seem to find the post. Does anyone know who it was? I seem to remember it being a good price for all the packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveb View Post
    The boss of the house hold has ask if we can have sky tv. I remember someone posting on here with a family and friends offer but I can't seem to find the post. Does anyone know who it was? I seem to remember it being a good price for all the packages.
    Not a family or friends deal but scroll down the page in the following link to moneysavingexpert.com. Enter your email address and postcode and you will get a code which gets you 50% off any TV package for 12 months plus a £25 voucher for Tesco or M&S (HD will be £5.25 extra).

The code also gets you a good deal on Sky broadband but you don't have to take it. The code can be used for TV packages only.

Then just use the supplied link on MSE to sign up. (I was able to use the code over the phone while ordering despite the fact it states you must sign up via the link.)

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sho...heap-cable#sky
    Last edited by Mr Tetley; 2nd September 2014 at 21:23.

Also if you pm me your name and email address I can get you a code which if you use when you sign up gets you (and me) a £100 voucher each

Craftsman
    Make sure if you stay with them for 2/3 years...you then ring up and say you're leaving....you get 50% off....its marvelous!!

How much is the full sky package per month these days??

Master
    I have left sky in the last six weeks after 5 years as i was fed up with new customers getting the good deals.I only wanted a small reduction in my monthly fees but they offered me nothing.

I have been told they will write to me in a few weeks offering me 50% off but to be honest they can shove it up their arse as i am not missing a bunch of girls kicking a bag of wind around being paid £300000 per week.

Blog Entries
    Try pm'ing cman, he sorted me out from his previous thread.

Master
    I was also fed up with the prices, I phoned them up and told them I wasn't especially as I been a customer for over 15 years, all they offered me was half price on Movies and Sports channels for 3 months.
    I said no thanks and gave them up, I've now got Sky HD Entertainment/Family channels only, kept the F1 channel as that was part of the original HD package.

Banned
    SKY TV is obsolete. Just another relic. RIP.

Where I live they have the rights for a certain sporting event I am interested in. I wanted to pay them for an internet stream showing it. They declined and said I have to pay for a TV package that I have neither the time nor inclination to use. I got access the the event through other means. SKY TV does not move with the times. Those who do not move with the times are left behind. Honestly, someone needs to give those dinosaurs at SKY a kick up the backside.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    SKY TV is obsolete. Just another relic. RIP.

Where I live they have the rights for a certain sporting event I am interested in. I wanted to pay them for an internet stream showing it. They declined and said I have to pay for a TV package that I have neither the time nor inclination to use. I got access the the event through other means. SKY TV does not move with the times. Those who do not move with the times are left behind. Honestly, someone needs to give those dinosaurs at SKY a kick up the backside.

You really do have an unhappy knack of talking the utmost crap.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    You really do have an unhappy knack of talking the utmost crap.
    Unnecessary no?

The success of Netflix and other providers prove the desire for on demand services. At the minute many use it in happy unison with existing tv providers, how long before something comes along that truly disrupts the market? How many have already dropped to a base broadband package as between freeview and online services they already have more content than they can consume, for a fraction of the price?

The death knell may not have yet sounded, but whether you choose to believe him or not he has a point, the way we consume media is changing.

OP Whatever you choose..push them like hell for the best deal and any additional upgrades you can get above and beyond the standard fare...virgin media certainly have a family and friends offer that was very competitive last time I checked, if you want I can try to get the details for you.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by classics View Post
    I was also fed up with the prices, I phoned them up and told them I wasn't especially as I been a customer for over 15 years, all they offered me was half price on Movies and Sports channels for 3 months.
    I said no thanks and gave them up, I've now got Sky HD Entertainment/Family channels only, kept the F1 channel as that was part of the original HD package.
    I was a Sky customer for years and every 12 Months or so I'd ring up and ask them what they could do for me as I was leaving if not and most of the time they'd come back with a deal that made it worth my while to stay. This went on for about 6 years and then the last time they told me there was nothing they could do, so I told them I was leaving and...They called my bluff!!!!

I was a bit put out but I stuck to my guns and left. Went to Virgin who gave me the same package PLUS 30 meg broadband [which has now been upped to 50 meg gratis] and free landline calls 24/7 for the same price as I was paying for my REDUCED Sky price

Not only that..When the Virgin was installed I noticed a considerable increase in the quality of TV picture. The normal BBC/ITV/CH4/CH5 channels were the same quality as Sky HD channels due to their upscaling and the Virgin HD blew the Sky HD away. Dunno if there is still as much quality difference now as I'm talking 4 years ago now, but Virgin has always done me well [so far]

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    I have left sky in the last six weeks after 5 years as i was fed up with new customers getting the good deals.I only wanted a small reduction in my monthly fees but they offered me nothing.

I have been told they will write to me in a few weeks offering me 50% off but to be honest they can shove it up their arse as i am not missing a bunch of girls kicking a bag of wind around being paid £300000 per week.
    Got the letter today giving me 50% off.I rang up and for the Variety and Sports Package(All 7 channels) which i was on before it is £26.25 instead of £52.50.

So for the being without Sky for six weeks i can now save £315 for the year.There is no contract and i can cancel at anytime.The only thing they wouldn't agree to is a new box as mine is on it's last legs.

Just giving myself a few days to decide.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    Unnecessary no?

The success of Netflix and other providers prove the desire for on demand services. At the minute many use it in happy unison with existing tv providers, how long before something comes along that truly disrupts the market? How many have already dropped to a base broadband package as between freeview and online services they already have more content than they can consume, for a fraction of the price?

The death knell may not have yet sounded, but whether you choose to believe him or not he has a point, the way we consume media is changing.

OP Whatever you choose..push them like hell for the best deal and any additional upgrades you can get above and beyond the standard fare...virgin media certainly have a family and friends offer that was very competitive last time I checked, if you want I can try to get the details for you.
    Netflix is a long way from being the answer to my viewing requirements, live sport in HD, football or Golf comes via my Skybox and BT Sport HD. As for movies blu-ray is my choice right now, so I have no need for Netflix or any other service like that for now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Got the letter today giving me 50% off.I rang up and for the Variety and Sports Package(All 7 channels) which i was on before it is £26.25 instead of £52.50.

So for the being without Sky for six weeks i can now save £315 for the year.There is no contract and i can cancel at anytime.The only thing they wouldn't agree to is a new box as mine is on it's last legs.

Just giving myself a few days to decide.

You could always pick up a cheap Sky box from Ebay