closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Interesting Victorinox Chrono

Interesting Victorinox Chrono

Had a play with one of these recently, the Victorinox Chrono Classic 1/100th, quite fun. Nothing groundbreaking, and my g-shock does a similar job and more, but I quite liked the whole package and it's not too shabby looking either.

It's a quartz movement, with perpetual calendar. What makes it different is the way in which the chrono works - in normal use the time is displayed as well as the date at six, with the red hand a constant seconds. If you then press the crown twice, the date display resets to zero and the hands move to 12. You start the chrono as usual with the top pusher and when you stop it the two sub-dials at the bottom move to confirm the split second info in the date window. Double pressing on the crown again returns the watch to time mode.

The 'ablogtowatch' video of it in action does a much better job of explaining it then I could;

Now whether anyone actually uses a chrono is another question, and probably another thread!

Master
    that is great looking and i love the function of the chronograph. there have been a few victorinox watches i like recently, i like the look of there ana-digi aerospace-a-like in particular.

Master
    That's really neat :-)

Nope never use the chrono function..... Played with it a couple of times after getting the watch and never touched since. SWMBO likes the 'chrono' look though; it's the first time I've got a 'that watch looks really nice' comment ;-)

Master
    That is really nice - and good looking - hope it sells well

Master
    Cracking movement, but almost double the price of the last Chrono Classic at the better part of £800.

I really rate Victorinox, but I think they would have done much better with a nice new mid-range automatic than another high priced quartz model.

Functionally interesting and aesthetically pleasing, but I don't want one
    Gray

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Cracking movement, but almost double the price of the last Chrono Classic at the better part of £800.

I really rate Victorinox, but I think they would have done much better with a nice new mid-range automatic than another high priced quartz model.
    Looking around, you can already pick it up new for as little as £547 so I would think second-hand, they will be sub-£400 pretty quick.