closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Impulse purchase - Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute Blacksteel

Impulse purchase - Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute Blacksteel

I was originally thinking of looking for either a Montbrillant Datora or a Navitimer when I am in the USA next week, but popped into a small independent jeweller in Cheltenham on Friday and before I knew it I'd bought this.

Same size as the Montbrillant, bit somehow it just clicked when I tried it on. Back to the shop on Wednesday so that they can replace the rubber strap with a leather one for me. I just do not like the rubber straps that Breitling seem to like to use.

Within a few hours I'd managed to work out how to easily tell the time, just now teaching myself how to use the slide rule.

Master
    Very nice - so is the time 09:44 as indicated to the 24 hour markers, or 4:44 as you would normally read it?

Quote Originally Posted by RichUK View Post
    , but popped into a small independent jeweller in Cheltenham on Friday and before I knew it I'd bought this.
    Beards?

That really is lovely - I've always fancied a Cosmonaute (though to be fair I've fancied a lot of things)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Very nice - so is the time 09:44 as indicated to the 24 hour markers, or 4:44 as you would normally read it?
    09:44

Bloody hell....that's busier than a bishops hat.

But I still like these Navis. Especially in this black steel guise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Beards?

That really is lovely - I've always fancied a Cosmonaute (though to be fair I've fancied a lot of things)

- - - Updated - - -

09:44
    Yes it was Beards, really pleasant purchasing experience. My wife bought a Tag at the same time.

09:44 is correct, picture was taken in the middle of the dog walk.

Quote Originally Posted by RichUK View Post
    Yes it was Beards, really pleasant purchasing experience. My wife bought a Tag at the same time.
    Were they competitive on price or did they stick to recommended retail?

I bought the missus a necklace in there last time I bought a motorbike (by way of distraction). It was going well until they asked how large her neck was and I tried to guess at it by putting my hands around the throat of one the staff...

I really like that. Congratulations
    Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Were they competitive on price or did they stick to recommended retail?

I bought the missus a necklace in there last time I bought a motorbike (by way of distraction). It was going well until they asked how large her neck was and I tried to guess at it by putting my hands around the throat of one the staff...
    They were competitive, good job as we bought two watches off them. I got the feeling that if we'd just bought one, then there was no movement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    I really like that. Congratulations
    Thanks, me too!

This is the first watch I've ever bought brand new. Not something I expect I'll repeat for a while.

I was looking at one of these recently. It's a strange concept reading a 24hr display, as you have to forget everything you've ever been used to on a normal 12hr display, but interesting none-the-less.

How are you getting on with it being a handwind? I'd probably forget more than, say a Speedy, as it only has around a 44hr reserve vs the 70hr+ of this B02 movement.

Master
    properly good looking, i even thnk it looks right on the rubber.

I've bought a couple of new omegas from beards and have found their pre and post sales support to be exemplary. They don't discount as heavily as some places so if it is pure discount you are after then you will find cheaper. If, however, you are looking for an ad that you can build a bit of a relationship with they are really excellent. They have done a number of jewellery related favours for me (unrelated to watches) since I've been a customer of theirs and I will buy from them again :)

Master
    I like the Cosmonaute but it does not work for me in Blacksteel. IMHO it is difficult to read but it may be something you get used to! Lovely movement.
    Last edited by tim2012; 31st August 2014 at 20:36.

Quote Originally Posted by RossC View Post
    How are you getting on with it being a handwind? I'd probably forget more than, say a Speedy, as it only has around a 44hr reserve vs the 70hr+ of this B02 movement.
    I'll let you know once I've forgotten to wind it and wondered why the time is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by tehwolf View Post
    I've bought a couple of new omegas from beards and have found their pre and post sales support to be exemplary. They don't discount as heavily as some places so if it is pure discount you are after then you will find cheaper. If, however, you are looking for an ad that you can build a bit of a relationship with they are really excellent. They have done a number of jewellery related favours for me (unrelated to watches) since I've been a customer of theirs and I will buy from them again :)
    I agree. We're local-ish - Forest of Dean, and it'll be good to have a decent relationship with an AD, especially once with such exemplary pre and post sales support.

Very nice, congrats!....have any thoughts on a Blacksteel bracelet?

I love Cosmonautes and this is really nice.

I'd never seen one before.

Enjoy!

M

Master
    That is a lot of watch! Probably a little too complex for me but I can instantly see its appeal.

Lovely, I wonder if anyone actually uses all the functions!

S

Wow! I'm guessing Darth Vader might've had one of those....