closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Glashutte Original Senator Perpetual Calendar

Glashutte Original Senator Perpetual Calendar

Seriously looking at acquiring one of these beautiful watches.

Recently, trying to glean as much information as I can.

Could owners past & presents, with photos if possible please give their thoughts.

The same also goes for the Navigator PC. Which I understand was more of a limited number.

What do owners think about the newer larger version and which do you prefer?

Personally, I am not a fan of Roman Numerals and so prefer the original one.

Thank you in advance.

Tony, I think you know my views on this, but in any event there's a longish post on my blog here that you may find worth a read (there are some photos too, obviously). With regard to old v new, the size is more related to your own wrist size than anything else; I'd say that a 7" or under wrist puts the old model firmly in pole position, though. I also far prefer the baton markers to the Roman numerals on the newer model but that's purely personal preference. I just find the dial cleaner.

As for the functional aspects, I've yet to see a cleaner and more elegant solution to the PC complication - you'd barely know it was a PC, in fact. I also like that day, month, year and moonphase can all be both independently set or set in unison as you would with a locked mechanism. Basically, the watch is perfect in every way. I've had mine for well over a year now, and whilst I wear it sparingly I can't imagine ever selling it unless forced to do so.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I had this one until very recently. This is the platinum model with the 100 Series movement. It was made in a LTD run of 200. It is further distinguished by the Screwed gold Chatons on the movement (An extremely rare sight on the 100 movement) and the lack of a 29 1/2 indication at the moonphase window. Only 100 GO watches were ever made without this in their entire history. IMO and GO perpetual calendar with the 100 series movements is an incredible addition to any collection. Possibly the cleanest and most readable PC dial ever made.

Thanks Tony & Tim.

You are the only two people who I know have or previously have owned one of these watches.

Trying to locate one, is not quite so easy.

Tony, you are absolutely correct, my wrist size is 6 3/4 inches and though I can wear a 42mm watch, a 40mm is the perfect size.

The hunt continues. :)

But in the meatime, please keep both the comments and photos coming :)

I looked over a white dialled version and was blown away by the quality, however for looks and overall style the black dial is just so much more watch for the same money. It's very discreet and politely understated.
    Gray

Don't they have the original one at Iconic watches? I know they have the Roman numeral version.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    Trying to locate one, is not quite so easy.
    https://www.chrono24.com/en/glashuet...-id2269713.htm – given age/if serviced, this should be quite a bit cheaper, in my book.
    https://www.chrono24.com/en/glashuet...-id2347630.htm
    https://www.chrono24.com/en/glashuet...-id2705461.htm
    https://www.chrono24.com/en/glashuet...-id2262584.htm – rose gold
    https://www.chrono24.com/en/glashuet...-id2108224.htm – platinum

Master
    Blog Entries
    They really are beautiful watches.

PJ

Thank you for the links :)

I am aware of them and have actually made enquires with a couple of them.

The first one, though the cheapest, does not come with an English month disc.

Ideally, I would prefer to get one from within the UK, but they appear to be quite difficult to track down.

But I will check out Iconic watches. :)

Master
    Depending on price negotiated, especially regarding the service aspect, you could enquire with GO as to the cost of changing to an English day wheel.

That is true.

I could ask for the month/day wheel to be changed. But the problem is that I am too impatient, beside what would the cost be for changing it and they are bound to want to service is!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Don't they have the original one at Iconic watches? I know they have the Roman numeral version.
    I checked out their sight, but all I could find was the newer model :(

Master
    My point is negotiate the cost of service into the price, if it hasn't been already done since first manufactured.
    GO may offer to replace the wheel FOC at the same time.
    If it was serviced 2-3 years ago, rarely used since, then they should have a record of that, and all you'd be looking at is the cost of changing the wheel.
    You may as well ask the question – nothing ventured, nothing gained! And you'll have a cost with which to negotiate, especially in light of the asking price versus the one in the 2nd link, although it doesn't have the bracelet.
    Last edited by PJ S; 1st September 2014 at 11:23.

P, they are very valid points, and fully worth considering.

I shall take another look at the advert.

Thank you. :)

You could give Iconic a call and see if they can find one and save you the leg work. A friend of mine did the same for a watch he was after.

I meant to give them a call today.

But was kept to busy at work, will try tomorrow.