closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chillies ....

Journeyman
    Looking good JasonM. I germinated at the start of January. Bit of a mistake because I am going to run out of space!

I'm growing Jalapeño, Black Tongued Scorpion, Pieto de Moca, Jira Khursani, Peperoncini Diavolicchio and Hungarian Hotwax.

I got the Bonchi going I mentioned earlier in this thread. Very pleased so far. It's a Fidalga from Brazil.

Paul.

Wow there are some serious chilli fanciers here!!! My local indian does a lamb curry with a whole naga chilli in it and oh boy it is hot

Trinidad scorpion is my No1.

I grow my own here as well as they grow fast in our climate. Our equivalent of B&Q even has a whole section of plants now with good size fruit on them already.

To be honest I would be a bit stuck without being able to go outside and grab a couple now, same with limes LOL!

You're not helping Jon ... Lol....
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by NenoS View Post
    Trinidad scorpion is my No1.
    I grew these two years ago and they were excellent. I saved some seeds but can't find them :-(

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Chilli ‘geek’ fact: the Trinidad Scorpion has replaced the Bhut Jolokia as the world’s hottest chilli as it has been officially measured at 1,463,700 SHU (Scoville Heat Units). There is a ‘slightly' milder version, the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion, which weighs in at 1.2 million SHU.

My experience of growing chillies has been somewhat mixed inasmuch as I’ve had some failures, but fortunately there is an excellent chilli farm nearby to us and so I’ve turned to buying my supplies from them. If anyone is interested in buying by mail order I can highly recommend them: http://www.southdevonchillifarm.co.uk

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.