closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rocksmith

Craftsman

Rocksmith

I fancy learning to play the guitar, it's something I've been wanting to do for a while.
    Lessons aren't really my thing so this looks a possibility, does anyone have any experience with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil T View Post
    I fancy learning to play the guitar, it's something I've been wanting to do for a while.
    Lessons aren't really my thing so this looks a possibility, does anyone have any experience with it?
    Yes, I played the original up to level 11, however, I did know how to play (a little) before hand.

I've bought the second, but haven't had the time to play it.

If you like computer games it'll keep you entertained, but I'd also learn chords from a book/online resource.

It's a fun way to learn.

Depends if you are into computer games and repetitive drills.

Not really a way to learn music IMO but everyone is different.

Just get your open chords down first and go from there.

Learning music is fascinating enough without turning it into a computer game and there is so much help on the net nowadays that sadly wasn't around when I was learning.

Good luck.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Just to add, there is massive value when learning to play any instrument in playing with others.

This game gives that whenever you like.

You also don't have to do any drills. I completed it just using the songs.

But you do need to learn all the open major/minor/7th chords and how construct a barre chord.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the advice folks. I'd asked a friend about buying a guitar to go with the game, and he's given me a loan of a nice Yamaha steel string acoustic plus a couple of chord books. I've also picked up a tutorial on I player so just been learning my first few chords.

My fingers hurt!

I'll get used to with practice, or so I'm told!

I still fancy Rocksmith as I figure it's better for me than few games of COD.

Cheers, Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Neil T View Post
    Thanks for the advice folks. I'd asked a friend about buying a guitar to go with the game, and he's given me a loan of a nice Yamaha steel string acoustic plus a couple of chord books. I've also picked up a tutorial on I player so just been learning my first few chords.

My fingers hurt!

I'll get used to with practice, or so I'm told!
    That's the spirit!
    Cheers,
    Neil.