closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: LG G3 phone anyone got one.

Master

LG G3 phone anyone got one.

Hi guys

I will soon be ready to buy a new handset and quite fancy the LG G3 but the battery charge is putting me off as most reviews say it is a let down, has anyone got one and some opinions :)

Thanks

Chap at work has one, and I've had the chance to mess about with it a bit.

Pluses
    • Massive screen, very sharp
    • Better-ade than a Samsung Galaxy S5
    • Nifty buttons on the back
    • Decent (not exceptional) camera
    • Fast and smooth

Minuses
    • Screen isn't terribly bright
    • Colours are not good (dull and washed out)
    • Neither are the viewing angles
    • LG software skin is a bit meh
    • Dreary-looking phone (although whether you care about this is up to you)
    • Battery life is predictably punished by having to push so many pixels

Definitely a phone to spend a few minutes with in real life, before chaining yourself to one for two years.

Master
    Thanks so much for that it is between this and the HTC One M8 and you have confirmed my thoughts as in every picture I have seen the screen looks a bit dull whereas the HTC looks superb, I will wait and see if the ilhone is worth getting but I dou t that.

The only word of caution I would give you regarding the HTC One M8 is that the camera is, quite frankly, pants.

But other than that it's an amazingly good phone, in all aspects.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'd wait for the Nexus 6 / Silver TBH - can't be that far away now...

Moto X+1 should be announced on the 4th Sept.

Looking forward to that one but it's release will likely get swamped by news of the Note 4 and the iPhone 6 announcements in the same week

The Oneplus One is good too (if you can get hold of one)

Honestly wish they'd make a 1080p version of the LG G3

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderJameson View Post
    The only word of caution I would give you regarding the HTC One M8 is that the camera is, quite frankly, pants.

But other than that it's an amazingly good phone, in all aspects.
    I know the camera is pants as I have seen the comparison between the LG3 and the HTC I just can't believe how poor the picture quality is on such a great phone and that would put me off getting one.

I am in no rush and as my galaxy note 2 is coming up for two years old I feel it's right to have a change and although I love my note I just can't bear all the Samsung pre loaded bloat ware that it comes with it drives me mad so I was looking for a change and the HTC sense does appeal. I know the note 4 is due out so I will just wait and see what that and the iphone 6 bring.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    I'd wait for the Nexus 6 / Silver TBH - can't be that far away now...
    I will put that on tbe list of possibles :)

Nexus 6

iPhone 6

Galaxy Note 4

HTC One M8 Prime (if it comes to fruition)

LG3 G3 and HTC One M8 were on that list but have now been discounted for various reasons.

Shame about the camera on the HTC as I did fancy that one.

Journeyman
    Vodafone just text me, offering me this phone...i assume, possibly wrongly, if they need to text to help it sell it cant be that great!

I'm in the same position as you, and I think ill go for a straight upgrade to the S5 unless its a lot bigger than my S3

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dja21 View Post
    Vodafone just text me, offering me this phone...i assume, possibly wrongly, if they need to text to help it sell it cant be that great!

I'm in the same position as you, and I think ill go for a straight upgrade to the S5 unless its a lot bigger than my S3
    The S5 is a great phone and I love my Samsung but I just fancy a change from touchwiz and the awful preloaded Samsung bloat ware which I can't abide.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    The S5 is a great phone and I love my Samsung but I just fancy a change from touchwiz and the awful preloaded Samsung bloat ware which I can't abide.
    I looked at other options as I don't want an iPhone; the new Sony that's 'waterproof' but its huge when I held it and the Blackberry Q10 but has limited apps/features. I've read a premium version of the S5, the Galaxy F is in the pipeline which sounds like it could be good but no idea on the release date. Guess you can always delete the preloaded Samsung apps, I haven't ever used most of them in 2 years

You can always return a phone within 30 days if your not happy with it anyways

Quote Originally Posted by dja21 View Post
    I looked at other options as I don't want an iPhone; the new Sony that's 'waterproof' but its huge when I held it and the Blackberry Q10 but has limited apps/features. I've read a premium version of the S5, the Galaxy F is in the pipeline which sounds like it could be good but no idea on the release date. Guess you can always delete the preloaded Samsung apps, I haven't ever used most of them in 2 years

You can always return a phone within 30 days if your not happy with it anyways
    Sony do an Xperia Z1 Compact, which is also waterproof. 4.3" screen.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderJameson View Post
    Sony do an Xperia Z1 Compact, which is also waterproof. 4.3" screen.
    Thanks, wasn't aware of that one. May be worth another look

Master
    You can't delete the preloaded Samsung apps

Master
    Galaxy alpha is released very soon worth a look but I'm holding out for the Moto..... not something you might have heard me say a few years back but they seem to be back on track again

Paul

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerboy View Post
    Galaxy alpha is released very soon worth a look but I'm holding out for the Moto..... not something you might have heard me say a few years back but they seem to be back on track again

Paul

Not heard of that one Paul and as for the Samsung I just fancy a different make and less bloat ware.

I bought Samsung s5 mini other day 4.5 inch screen which I do love if your after a good all round phone that can use with one hand its defo a winner.
    Also is water resistant just in case you Drop it down the toilet pissed up lol but bummer if you don't like samsung pre loaded software.