closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling UK repair prices.

Master

Breitling UK repair prices.

So, Breitling gave me something to have a laugh about today.

On the one hand, as ever, I'm happy with their prices and service for the overhaul. I just sent my Colt Chrono off to them for a complete overhaul and refinish, inc new crystal. Total for all that, £309 inc vat and postage. Not cheap at all, but it'll be a good job. I've approved that and it should be back with me in six weeks.

However, I also asked them to quote me a new case and bezel, just to see. So, on the second page of the quote I can tick boxes for 'optional' repairs.

One was the crystal, as the AR is scratched. £65. I think I'll go for that (so, approved). But then it got funny...

New 'middle case': 224.91 ex vat
    New Bezel: 404.65 ex vat

So, er, didn't go for those last two options! It hardly needs a refinish anyway. Should never have mentioned it :)

I don't get it. When have bezels and whole new cases ever been cheap/affordable from the likes of Breitling, Omega, Rolex?

In fact I'm quite surprised at how little they are asking for a new case even without VAT. The bezel seems a bit high for what I assume is all steel?

I agree with Dent99. Those prices look about what I'd expect bar the bezel.

It's like buying a Porsche and complaining the parts aren't as cheap to replace as a Ford...

I too am a but surprised but I suppose there is more detailed machining on the bezel than the case if you think about it. Having said that dials are usually under £100, so 400 for a bezel is perfectly fine.

I once had a Breitling serviced and was happy with the prices compared to say IWC...

Master
    Yeah, that's what I meant, case seemed a bit of a bargain, it was the bezel being twice as much I was confused about.

My main point was that, it's actually not that bad that for 1k you can basically have an entirely new watch. I just thought the bezel seemed a bit steep!

Quote Originally Posted by redsox78 View Post
    complete overhaul and refinish, inc new crystal. Total for all that, £309 inc vat and postage.
    That seems cheap for an overhaul and service including crystal.
    I keep seeing £440+ for my Navitimer - similar movement?
    Did you send it straight to Breitling - where is their service centre?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    That seems cheap for an overhaul and service including crystal.
    I keep seeing £440+ for my Navitimer - similar movement?
    With the crystal, a few pence below £399. Sent straight to Breitling in Tumbridge Wells, with a nice letter (on work letterhead notepaper), and I've had them service another watch before. They emailed me with a .pdf of the 'required' work and the 'optional', to choose what I wanted. Estimated six weeks. I'd be tempted to go for a new bezel, but it was in good nick anyway, so would rather really need a new one before replacing it - a refinish will get it close to mint I think, or close enough to not pay another 400 quid!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Sorry, I forgot to say, the address on the service section of the website.