closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone6

My 5 year old was playing on my old iPhone 4 earlier. He was holding it quite happily. I looked at its size relative to his hand, and it was comparable to my hand on the Nexus 7 I was using. Don't be too concerned about size.

Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    I ditch iphone a few months ago now I have bought a samsung s5 mini great phone 4.5 screen is a cracking size as good spec half price to iphone 6. I paid £330 sim free. Also tested water resistant too But for the android lovers check the spec differnce and price difference.

http://www.versusos.com/apple-iphone...ni-comparison/
    This thread is apparently nothing to do with rival phones, prices or specifications, its more to do with who can get the i6 first,,,, and the self justification behind the sizzle.

You have to admire what a great Job (Steve) did with Apple brand positioning.

Thomas Reid
    Thanks for this thread! It has done me some good.

Looking at the joke ad (2014 Apple vs 2012 Nexus), and given the fact that, since Apple says they are, 5.5 inch screens are now okay, I decided to get a 2012 phone with a 5.5 inch screen. So, I'm retiring my ASUS Fonepad (with a 7 inch screen) from phone duties, and getting a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE. It should be in college waiting for me. ;)

Best wishes,
    Bob
    Last edited by rfrazier; 17th September 2014 at 13:56.

Why is every iPhone thread I view always hijacked with android preaching arse holes. I like the iPhone,. I bought the iPhone, thus I'm not interested in your views on android. God. Every time...

For the same reason every thread is hijacked. But then, Apple do ask for it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gazzafaegreenock View Post
    Why is every iPhone thread I view always hijacked with android preaching arse holes. I like the iPhone,. I bought the iPhone, thus I'm not interested in your views on android. God. Every time...
    Perhaps because some of us couldn't give a monkeys whether its apple or something else and want the best thing for our use and so are actually interested in the views of others. If you are not interested in the views of othe people then perhaps an Internet forum is not for you and you can return to the boozer.

Unless you are actually on an "Apple" forum, you can't help but read about comparisons to alternatives. Further, how do you define an iPhone except by comparing it to an Android - - just like you can't define Muhammad Ali without using George Foreman and Joe Frazier to give him dimension.

Silly boy, this is an open WATCH forum where people are free to give their opinions without being stomped on, if you crave an Apple are wonderful forum I'm sure Google can help.

yet somehow I don't remember Apple fans coming over Android discussions and start bashing Android. The opposite I see on every Iphone thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post
    yet somehow I don't remember Apple fans coming over Android discussions and start bashing Android. The opposite I see on every Iphone thread.
    I'm sorry but I haven't seen any Apple bashing, what I have seen are opinions given by people who have used both iphones and Android, as I said earlier in the thread I have phones running both platforms and I fail (still) to see what all the hype and excitement is about, my opinion and I stress its just that, is that with Apple people buy the sizzle rather than the sausage.

I've been a long term iPhone user then switched to android when the iPhone 5 came out but I'am gladly switching back to the iPhone 6.

Each to there own, if everyone liked the same thing then we wouldn't have all these choices ;)

Banned
    If I change from Apple to Android, whist browsing, will I see less crap on Sales Corner?

I've never been an apple iPhone customer. Always droid since day one. Recently I upgraded my phone from an HTC one m7 to the m8. I didn't like it and returned it. When the iPhone 6 came out I put an order in. Let's see how it goes. All I know is that I'd like a new phone and this one might do the trick. Couldn't care less about which OS is better etc...

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    If I change from Apple to Android, whist browsing, will I see less crap on Sales Corner?
    It depends on whether you put your old apple phone on SC or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauting View Post
    I've been a long term iPhone user then switched to android when the iPhone 5 came out but I'am gladly switching back to the iPhone 6.

Each to there own, if everyone liked the same thing then we wouldn't have all these choices ;)
    Ding dong,

Quote Originally Posted by Josh B View Post
    Perhaps because some of us couldn't give a monkeys whether its apple or something else and want the best thing for our use and so are actually interested in the views of others. If you are not interested in the views of othe people then perhaps an Internet forum is not for you and you can return to the boozer.
    Surprisingly, I knew you'd chime in with your over opinionated views....

Banned
    Surprisingly, I knew you'd chime in with your over opinionated views....
    One of us is ranting and swearing in the G&D, one of us gives a mild reply.

guess which one is the over opinionated one?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh B View Post
    One of us is ranting and swearing in the G&D, one of us gives a mild reply.

guess which one is the over opinionated one?
    Your homework for tonight is to look up rhetorical question. Use whatever means you wish.

And put your hand down. Nobody like a tell tale.
    Last edited by gazzafaegreenock; 18th September 2014 at 11:14.

Quote Originally Posted by o u t a t i m e View Post
    I've never been an apple iPhone customer. Always droid since day one. Recently I upgraded my phone from an HTC one m7 to the m8. I didn't like it and returned it. When the iPhone 6 came out I put an order in. Let's see how it goes. All I know is that I'd like a new phone and this one might do the trick. Couldn't care less about which OS is better etc...
    That goes to show how different we all are - I went iPhone4 to m8, and instantly converted to Android - my kids have iPads still and I genuinely prefer my Nexus7. I will say the m8 is ever so slightly too big for hands and pockets so the phablet craze seems nuts to me!. Last year the 5s came out and I was genuinely excited, this year I couldn't care less even though there are more changes to the product. I think I just got my head around android os and rather enjoy slapping an SD card into my gadgets - according to my kids Apple is apparently 'so lame' I may inadvertently have upped my cool factor 'with the kids' 😎
    Seriously,aren't smart phones becoming much more similar, I wonder when the next game changer will arrive?

Thomas Reid
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    That goes to show how different we all are - I went iPhone4 to m8, and instantly converted to Android - my kids have iPads still and I genuinely prefer my Nexus7. I will say the m8 is ever so slightly too big for hands and pockets so the phablet craze seems nuts to me!. Last year the 5s came out and I was genuinely excited, this year I couldn't care less even though there are more changes to the product. I think I just got my head around android os and rather enjoy slapping an SD card into my gadgets - according to my kids Apple is apparently 'so lame' I may inadvertently have upped my cool factor 'with the kids' 
    Seriously,aren't smart phones becoming much more similar, I wonder when the next game changer will arrive?
    I think that the next big thing will not be on the phone, but used by the phone: private cloud appliances. Private clouds are cool, but require too much knowledge and time to set up. Simplify them and people will flock to them. (Cutting off Google's business model at the knees.)

Best wishes,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    That goes to show how different we all are - I went iPhone4 to m8, and instantly converted to Android - my kids have iPads still and I genuinely prefer my Nexus7. I will say the m8 is ever so slightly too big for hands and pockets so the phablet craze seems nuts to me!. Last year the 5s came out and I was genuinely excited, this year I couldn't care less even though there are more changes to the product. I think I just got my head around android os and rather enjoy slapping an SD card into my gadgets - according to my kids Apple is apparently 'so lame' I may inadvertently have upped my cool factor 'with the kids' 
    The smart watch, when,,,,,, well the clocks ticking

The case for my 6 Plus arrived today so I finally have a true idea how big the phone is going to be. It is big! On saying that I don't think it will be too big for me. I can hold it OK and it fits in my trouser pocket. I don't wear tight jeans which helps. Shame I have to wait until 30th September at the earliest for the phone to arrive.

Banned
    Your homework for tonight is to look up rhetorical question. Use whatever means you wish.

And put your hand down. Nobody like a tell tale.
    Your homework for tonight is to look up "how not to be a complete numpty all the time"

fwiw I'm really not wedded to either side of the android/Apple thing.

we run 5 iPhones, 2 android phones, a few iPads and an android tablet.

Master
    1 more big sleep :-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SeePee View Post
    1 more big sleep :-)

Chris a few more sleeps for me and my new beauty will be in my hands, but it isn't Apple is it :)

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    The smart watch, when,,,,,, well the clocks ticking
    The future is now ...

Master
    Could be worse you might be buying a Xbox One. Then all the pl4yers could chime in...

Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    And as for NFC, a great idea but by Christ watch out for the vulnerability. Pocket scanners are rife, especially in the Far East, so that's a no no for me.
    As I understand it, the NFC function activates only when your fingerprint is read and it produces a one-time verification code, so it's way way safer than "normal" NFC implementations.

Well I've got mine. Screen is impressive and it's very nice to hold. Not much noticeable in ios8.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Well I've got mine. Screen is impressive and it's very nice to hold. Not much noticeable in ios8.
    Did u have it delivered or pop down to the shops?

I reserved for collection at Braehead.

The queue was massive for people just waiting.

I have one here in my hand - and very lovely it is too :)

Craftsman
    Mine just got delivered. Very nice (4.7).

Journeyman
    I can't justify spending £700 on an iphone at the minute, and even if I could, I don't see much difference to the 5/5s!

Got mine here, these rounded edges are really nice. Obviously it's larger, but it's not uncomfortable to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    They can be a bit tricky to handle:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29275039
    Butterfingers.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Try Siri dictation - it's now real time. Try typing - you get suggestions. Try iMessage - you can send voice memos. Try the camera app - you can set exposure independently of focus. Safari now accepts third party extensions so you can send urls to other apps (like Pinterest or Pocket) which is amazing.
    That's just a few things I've found so far.
    Johnny.

Pooped into the Apple store in Kingston today to take a look at the 6/6+

First thing that came into my mind was the 6+ was like a rebadged Galaxy.

Apple the follower.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Pooped into the Apple store....
    Embarrassing I'd have thought....

Journeyman
    i guess apple fans will be apple fans, theres no moving them away from it cos it "just works" :D

i must admit the iPhone 6 does look nice but Apple are just too behind, theres no innovation, there marketing however is spot on and they rely on their faithful followers to keep them in business

il stick to my Note 3 and maybe see how the Iphone 7 is like next time around.

Blog Entries
    Had a chance to examine a 6 at my club this evening, must admit to being quite impressed, it is a very tactile bit of kit.

Quote Originally Posted by bigup View Post
    i guess apple fans will be apple fans, theres no moving them away from it cos it "just works" :D

i must admit the iPhone 6 does look nice but Apple are just too behind, theres no innovation, there marketing however is spot on and they rely on their faithful followers to keep them in business

I'm curious, when you say Apple is 'too behind', too behind in what respect?

My 6 Plus delivery date has been moved up to Monday or Tuesday from 30th September. Looking forward to getting a new phone after two years with the iPhone 5.

My delivery date was 23rd sept, but I was awoken this morning by the UPS dude. It's a lovely piece of kit and the larger screen is perfect. Really good size IMO.

Just preparing the 5C for sale :-)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    I'm curious, when you say Apple is 'too behind', too behind in what respect?
    have you not seen the iphone 6 vs Nexus 4 comparison? :)

on another note, here an interesting camera comparison between Iphone 6/plus and Samsung S5

Quote Originally Posted by bigup View Post

Apple will always be behind Samsung until they copy their construction and start using their wonder material to make their devices.......

F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Undecided between the 6 and 6+. Fancy the bigger screen but don't want to order it and find it too unwieldy. I'll have to pop into the local Apple Store and take a look.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Apple will always be behind Samsung until they copy their construction and start using their wonder material to make their devices.......

hehe, no denying this :)

style over function at its best with Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC41 View Post
    Undecided between the 6 and 6+. Fancy the bigger screen but don't want to order it and find it too unwieldy. I'll have to pop into the local Apple Store and take a look.
    yep, defo go and demo one mate, according to some youtube reviews, both have near enough the same camera, even though the plus has OIS, it doesnt do much! so dont let the Apple guys blag you n buying the plus just cos the camera is better!

Quote Originally Posted by jchlu View Post
    Try Siri dictation - it's now real time. Try typing - you get suggestions. Try iMessage - you can send voice memos. Try the camera app - you can set exposure independently of focus. Safari now accepts third party extensions so you can send urls to other apps (like Pinterest or Pocket) which is amazing.
    That's just a few things I've found so far.
    Johnny.
    Noticed Siri is more accurate to. And SwiftKey is pretty nifty