closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I love my seiko monster

its official. monster has just usurped my previous daily wearer of 3 to 4 years from the top slot .
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Journeyman
    I do miss my black monster. Such a great piece.

And that lume...

Fantastic value, had a black monster, then a modded one, then an orange I the bracelet. Miss that one the most. (Think I'll get that back of my dad)

Great watches

Love mine too. All things considered - originality, build, shrouded solid bezel, hooded lugs, caseback, thickest springbars, bracelet, lume and in-house movement - it's one of the world's best watches. At the price, unequivocably the best.

Mine, today :

Paul

Does a mini monster count or should I be shot at dawn for debasing the monster thread.

This thread made me think of this short piece of text from a series entitled "Art is Therapy" written by Alain de Botton and which accompanies an exhibit of an everyday office chair at the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. The language is accessible and some apparently find it patronising, but I enjoyed it nevertheless.

"We’re still oddly flattered and touched by the thought that something we might possess – or might have seen in a friend’s apartment – can have the honour of a place in the Rijksmuseum.
    The task of the museum isn’t to show us things that are simply old or rare – that’s only an accidental feature of something more important, which is to show us what is good and can have a power to excite and help us.
    Ideally, the things in museums shouldn’t be rare at all. We might be able to buy them in a shop down the road.
    We are confused about the merits of rarity. Because good things are in short supply, we might unreasonably conclude that being in short supply is a requirement, a sign, of quality. We start to get impressed by rarity itself. This is an unfortunate habit of mind. Actually we should resent rarity, we should hope instead that what we admire and like is as widely and easily available as a simple office chair.

Art can’t be
    about my life."

Alain de botton

And what about Frankenmonster?

Journeyman
    I sometimes look at it and think that flower would be a better nickname than monster.

Here is my Snow Monster

Master
    I love my OM on leather (ooer!)...:

Quote Originally Posted by alan2273 View Post
    Does a mini monster count or should I be shot at dawn for debasing the monster thread.

That sir is not a monster. It is an ungainly lovechild , an usurper if you will.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    That sir is not a monster. It is an ungainly lovechild , an usurper if you will.
    Nice one

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    Stunning. Sold my old one some time ago but could be tempted back by the new design and colour schemes. Where is the best place in the UK to get one?...with the bracelet.
    Yorkshire Watches are highly recommended
    http://www.yorkshirewatches.co.uk/se...15j2-565-p.asp

I got mine from Amazon before the bracelet version of this model was available.

Edit:
    You can get it on Amazon with bracelet now.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Generation-A...=seiko+monster
    Last edited by nibby; 8th August 2014 at 18:34.