closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Stoney Cove...

Master

Stoney Cove...

Hi all,

Are any of the divers on the forum going to Stoney Cove this Saturday? It's a long shot I know but I thought I'd ask.

Regards
    Jason

Craftsman
    Wish I was.

I've recently sold all but my holiday diving gear as a back injury stops me lugging round anything too heavy. Only managed to get £500 for a freshly serviced DUI drysuit and the hits I took on bits like backplates and wings make me feel like crying

Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
    Wish I was.

I've recently sold all but my holiday diving gear as a back injury stops me lugging round anything too heavy. Only managed to get £500 for a freshly serviced DUI drysuit and the hits I took on bits like backplates and wings make me feel like crying

Have a great day!
    I've seen people selling kit off before and its a crime that it makes so little.

Never been back since I did my Open Water there 13 years ago.... I'm a fair weather holiday diver

Master
    Nowt wrong with a few immune system challenges if you ask me!

Can you take honeyfb with you and leave him/her down there.

Master
    I should think so, as long as I can go back a bit later and collect my weights!

Master
    Oh well, I didn't see him there.
    To be fair, once in the water I didn't see much at all! Still, a good day's diving was had and everyone got out safely, with NO Weil's disease.

One chap did come close to suffering Central Nervous System Toxicity due to a major cock-up at the filling station!

Tra

Jason

I used to dive loads at Stoney Cove when I was into diving, ah those mornings driving up there at 4am and waiting outside the gate so you could park right by the water.

I remember sitting near the bus stop once between dives, watching a couple of guys getting ready to go in. Just as they were putting masks on and getting ready to step in I called out to them to stop. Cue them looking annoyed and asking me what the problem was, I said "I was just wondering if that's a new drysuit that you don't have to zip up before diving". Good job it's only 6m deep there, he'd have gone straight to the bottom with no air in his suit.