Hi there,
    can somebody please tell me:
    a)when the last Rolex price was.
    b)when the next anticipated one is

Thanks in advance.
    Adam

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    According to my neighbours sisters new mother-in-law there is a price rise imminent!!!!!!

Regards

Mike

Master
    There hasn't been one for a while. But that doesn't mean there'll be another for a while. I'm only a recent observer of the prices (since actually buying a Rolex) and it seemed they held for a few years, then had fairly frequent increases at least once a year, and now we're in a stand-still.

So who knows... I'd be kicking myself if I waited before buying as 5-8% is a fair chunk on today's prices. And while I didn't go down that route, the 0% offer does provide a good incentive for not waiting!

Ant

Master
    The last UK increase was over 2 years ago in June 2012 although the GBP vs CHF exchange is the one to watch to gauge whether any increase is imminent.

Grand Master
    Horray Rolex price rumour week
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    HORRAY indeed

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Brilliant, I missed the last rumour in May

It's a bit of a strange thing to be concerned about really. If you want a Rolex and can afford one then go for it. If you can't afford one now then you won't be able to afford one if the price increases either.

If you knew with 100% certainty that a price rise was happening in September then would that really make a difference as to whether you get one now?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ArghZombies View Post
    It's a bit of a strange thing to be concerned about really. If you want a Rolex and can afford one then go for it. If you can't afford one now then you won't be able to afford one if the price increases either.

If you knew with 100% certainty that a price rise was happening in September then would that really make a difference as to whether you get one now?
    Exactly.....

My dog winked at me three times. A price rise is imminent!

According to my AD, each time I visit a price rise is imminent.
    There must be at least 2 price rises a year

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    According to my AD, each time I visit a price rise is imminent.
    There must be at least 2 price rises a year

Not fifty?

Thanks for the helpful comments and also for the sarcastic ones. This forum always makes me laugh.

Next time I will just ask a which watch for a £x budget, or if you could only have one or maybe just praise the watches made by our host.

Banned
    It's a bit of a strange thing to be concerned about really. If you want a Rolex and can afford one then go for it. or have to live off bread and water to afford it If you can't afford one now then you won't be able to afford one if the price increases either.

Interest free credit sir..........suits you sir.

Price rises are irrelevant end of.

Grand Master
    ADs always like to hint at price rises being imminent, for obvious reasons!

This topic is an old chestnut and it's always going to attract light-hearted comments, that's all part of the fun around here!

The OP's asked a fair question; if I was thinking of buying then the thought of a price rise might help me to decide a bit faster. I`d also consider another factor; July/August are slow months for watch sales owing to the holiday factor. Now's a good time to go and haggle for a deal and that's what I`d have in mind if I was thinking of buying.

Paul

Master

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Milgauss View Post
    My dog winked at me three times. A price rise is imminent!
    lol :)

Quote Originally Posted by Foxyadam View Post
    if you could only have one
    What would you choose though?.....it's a good question :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Fords View Post
    Interest free credit sir..........suits you sir.

Price rises are irrelevant end of.
    Even with interest free credit you still have to be able to afford to pay that, so I'd say my point still stands. If the possibility of a price rise means you're happy and able to get £5,000 in debt then that's your (or rather OPs) prerogative. But in general if you can afford the watch (either outright or with repayments) then go for it. If you can't then it doesn't matter anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    What would you choose though?.....it's a good question :-)
    Hmmm...... Bremont Wright Flyer or the forums fave Rolex Submariner! ;o)

Quote Originally Posted by Foxyadam View Post
    Hmmm...... Bremont Wright Flyer or the forums fave Rolex Submariner! ;o)
    Haha! Great answer.

Whilst I get what you're saying I don't entirely agree: weighing up whether a watch is worth it to an individual is entirely dependent upon the price.

To give an example, I love my SubC but I do think it's a bit overpriced (comparatively speaking) at its current RRP of £5k. When the next price rise comes and it's pushing £5.5k or even £6k within the next few years, I couldn't justify that spend on that particular model. It wouldn't he 'worth' it to me even if I could afford it.

Given the price rises on many brands over the last few years, I and many others resent prices being pushed up multiple times, way beyond inflation, so you are paying a lot more for the same thing, and all because you didn't jump in early.

According to german rolex forum members, rolex did not rice prices this year, but lowered AD margins. This is done to get slowly rid of grey market dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dent99 View Post
    Whilst I get what you're saying I don't entirely agree: weighing up whether a watch is worth it to an individual is entirely dependent upon the price.

To give an example, I love my SubC but I do think it's a bit overpriced (comparatively speaking) at its current RRP of £5k. When the next price rise comes and it's pushing £5.5k or even £6k within the next few years, I couldn't justify that spend on that particular model. It wouldn't he 'worth' it to me even if I could afford it.

Given the price rises on many brands over the last few years, I and many others resent prices being pushed up multiple times, way beyond inflation, so you are paying a lot more for the same thing, and all because you didn't jump in early.
    I would argue all rolex watches are currently overpriced. Id much prefer to buy the new SD for 4k!