closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What WOULD you like Bremont to do

What WOULD you like Bremont to do

Humorous and serious replies welcome!

I'm not a Bremont hater, I actually like them and will likely own one at some point. I don't have one now. I'd have bought the code breaker as Mr Turing is a hero of mine but...i didn't like the design, though fair play on the choice of hero!

I'm not a fan of the most recent release but I "get" the reasons they chose that one.

What I would like them to do;

An English Electric Lightening watch in the P52 tradition
    An Avro Vulcan watch with the donations going to the people who keep that one going

My two pennies (and boys if you choose one...I'll happily take no 1!)

Swizzles Matlow Drumstick Moonphase.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Master
    Dandelion and Burdock GMT

Tetley's Tourbillon

Stonehenge Chronograph
    Last edited by Tomw2000; 24th July 2014 at 14:46.

Once they dig up Shergars bones,
    I'd like to see the Epsom Derby Special.

Craftsman
    A TSR 2 limited edition. Or the lightening as already mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikee View Post
    Humorous and serious replies welcome!

I'm not a Bremont hater, I actually like them and will likely own one at some point. I don't have one now. I'd have bought the code breaker as Mr Turing is a hero of mine but...i didn't like the design, though fair play on the choice of hero!

I'm not a fan of the most recent release but I "get" the reasons they chose that one.

What I would like them to do;

An English Electric Lightening watch in the P52 tradition
    An Avro Vulcan watch with the donations going to the people who keep that one going

My two pennies (and boys if you choose one...I'll happily take no 1!)
    Like the idea of the Vulcan watch bearing in mind that Breitling already did an Aerospace version (not brilliant) and a B1 (much better design).
    As for the Lightning option, it would not be able to travel far, and would have a tendency to go fast.

Quote Originally Posted by RJK35 View Post
    As for the Lightning option, it would not be able to travel far, and would have a tendency to go fast.
    I think it was Gavin Lyall who had the central character in one of his books describe the DH Vampire as an ideal coup d'etat weapon, as it was a very effective ground attack fighter-bomber but couldn't go very far.

Master
    id like to see them continue the cheessey fabric connection with a lovely bit of the turin shroud on their rotor.

Craftsman
    Stop mucking about and just focus on a few models.

Master
    Richard the Lionheart tribute -featuring actual bone samples dug up out of that car park?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomw2000 View Post
    Richard the Lionheart tribute -featuring actual bone samples dug up out of that car park?
    Wasn't that Richard the III?

I've just looked again at the Bremont web site, I hate watches with squadron insignias, I hate watches with dials that are busy for the sake of being busy, I hate limited edition watches, at the moment Bremont misses the mark for me, but hey who knows how things will pan out.
    Last edited by number2; 24th July 2014 at 15:50.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Wasn't that Richard the III?

Probably. But you get the idea anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by stooo View Post
    Swizzles Matlow Drumstick Moonphase.

I'd buy that!

How about a Margaret Thatcher Worldtime Tribute Watch with straps made from her handbags and solid gold numerals for the 10 and 11 markers to indicate Downing Street and the number of years she was in office. Some of the world time place locations could be places she is associated with like the Falklands and Brussels etc. I think you could have a lot of fun with this idea

A Keith Moon MoonPhase using a certified drumstick. Given the size of the bit of Wright Flyer cloth for comparison I reckon they would get something like 40 to 50 thousand for a limited run out of one stick. They could also melt a certified symbol for the rotors.
    Gray

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagraboy View Post
    How about a Margaret Thatcher Worldtime Tribute Watch with straps made from her handbags and solid gold numerals for the 10 and 11 markers to indicate Downing Street and the number of years she was in office. Some of the world time place locations could be places she is associated with like the Falklands and Brussels etc. I think you could have a lot of fun with this idea
    Love this. It could be engraved on the caseback with "There's no such thing as Society".

Maybe Ł45,000 for platinum?

Love this. It could be engraved on the caseback with "There's no such thing as Society".

With a sliver of coal for the dial encrusted with diamonds,

"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

It might have to be a quartz too, as 'the lady's not for turning!'

Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by stooo View Post
    Love it.
    Next up would be the Bremont Tony Blair Tribute Chronograph Watch. A prominently displayed 45 minute chrono sub dial could be used for timing the launch of imaginary WMDs in the wearer's mind, whilst the strap would be genuine poodle skin for the US version. Alistair Campbell will be on hand at the launch party to make it look better than it really is...

Next up would be the Bremont Tony Blair Tribute Chronograph Watch. A prominently displayed 45 minute chrono sub dial could be used for timing the launch of imaginary WMDs in the wearer's mind, whilst the strap would be genuine poodle skin for the US version. Alistair Campbell will be on hand at the launch party to make it look better than it really is...
    And Brown will sell off all of the Gold Cased versions at cut price.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy View Post
    And Brown will sell off all of the Gold Cased versions at cut price.
    Haha! Yes he would!

Master
    The Jimmy Savile Commemorative watch - featuring a movement made from 'Jim fixed it for me' badges?

De Havilland Comet limited edition. Featuring a case made of DH106 body material and a selection of straps made from DH016 leather seat material. The lugs snap off after the fifth strap change.

Something to do with Britain's great comedy tradition - a Monty Python or Benny Hill watch.

More seriously - something Isaac Newton related.

Well, they've already released a watch for people who've had their spine compressed by the use of an ejection seat; maybe they could release one for people who've had an internal back support. Won't be the first luxury marque to chase the pink pound.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    ...internal back support...
    Damnably funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    Something to do with Britain's great comedy tradition - a Monty Python or Benny Hill watch.

More seriously - something Isaac Newton related.
    I think Alain Silberstein has alread got that covered.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I think Alain Silberstein has alread got that covered.

Eddie
    Fair point.

I think there could be a place for a sub seconds arrangement involving a tiny hand slapping little Jackie Wrights head...

Offer them for free to tz members

The Jimmy Savile Commemorative watch - featuring a movement made from 'Jim fixed it for me' badges?
    Which would still be about twice as classy as the watches he actually wore...

Look, we know he never replied to your fix it letters but it's time to let it go
    Gray

I would like them to just stop. It is getting embarrassing. Whoever made the 'Franklin Mint' comment hit the nail on the head.

If they could just make a really good watch at a sensible price that would be fine. No bits of broken plane in, just a nicely designed watch at a keen price point. Like the Nomos club for example, but more stylish.

The recent specials including the 17-grand-are-you-bleedin-joking model recently announced look ugly as sin and like the no-name identikit housings you get from Swiss folks on ebay. I like the logo though.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfugerbil View Post
    If they could just make a really good watch at a sensible price that would be fine. No bits of broken plane in, just a nicely designed watch at a keen price point. Like the Nomos club for example, but more stylish.
    They did - and the market responded by buying so fast that it became clear money was being left on the table. Lots of it. This will get snapped up by ancient Wright Brothers romanticist billionaires and the naysayers will be left, sour-faced and posting furiously on the internet about the injustice of it all and whining nasally about it "not being faaaaair", in the wake of a huge cropdust cloud
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!