closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega planet ocean titanium and Speedmaster titanium and no adjustments.

Omega planet ocean titanium and Speedmaster titanium and no adjustments.

Hi
    In search of a new watch I have decided that I would like a titanium watch. I like the thought of the light weight and something different.
    After owning several Rolex and IWC I've narrowed my watches down to those that have a micro adjustment. My SubC screwed me in respect of my other watches in that you can get it to a perfect a fit. Thus when rotating to something else it became annoying that it was either slightly to tight or loose. Before the sub I just put up with it and it wasn't a big deal. Even my Rolex 16710 that I had owned for 10 years went on the chopping block.
    Anyway I'm now down to a SubC SubC LV and an IWC MARK XVII. Comfort has be one my number one priority.

Anyway back to the Omegas. I tried the Planet Ocean and loved the blue dial and bracelet. The lack of any adjustment was a put off but mainly it was the thickness. Blimey it's thick.
    Next was the Speedmaster titanium in blue. Again, a lovely dial and I liked the crystal back. However, I have puny 6" wrists and it was just to big. Because of the protruding crystal the bracelet overhung badly and I just don't think it would be a keeper. If it had a micro adjustment I might give it a go. I know Omega have started to introduce micro adjustment on some of there bracelets and I guess I will gave to wait and see what develops next year.
    Andy
    Last edited by awright101; 23rd July 2014 at 23:07.

Master
    The speedmaster bracelet possibly has a clasp with one adjustment notch depending on the model. The lack of adjustment is what puts me off a lot of omega as I too have been spoilt by other brands now.

The best way to go is a strap option though. This creates less overhang and is usually much more comfortable anyway. Saying that, I only have one non-bracelet watch still

Master
    How about a Tudor Pelagos - micro adjustment on the clasp, and Ti.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    How about a Tudor Pelagos - micro adjustment on the clasp, and Ti.
    Good suggestion.

However, I feel it wears bigger than the specs, I wonder about the look on a 6" wrist.

Master
    Definitely try the Omega PO on rubber. It's different to all the other straps/bracelets out there and really works well with the watch. I can't recommend them enough.

Journeyman
    I'm a bit late on this one and suspect you may have made your choice...I bought the Omega Planet Ocean Titanium in January this year and it remains one of my favourite watches...yes it is thick but oh so light! I adore the strap and it fits really comfortably. The RRP is not cheap but with some careful research you can get it for £1300 cheaper than that. It's superbly crafted, light on the wrist, had great wrist presence and the warranty outstanding....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lst65 View Post
    I'm a bit late on this one and suspect you may have made your choice...I bought the Omega Planet Ocean Titanium in January this year and it remains one of my favourite watches...yes it is thick but oh so light! I adore the strap and it fits really comfortably. The RRP is not cheap but with some careful research you can get it for £1300 cheaper than that. It's superbly crafted, light on the wrist, had great wrist presence and the warranty outstanding....
    This watch ended my search for the perfect dive watch. The 42mm size is more than enough for me, and the titanium never feel heavy or awkward to wear. But the real bonus for this watch is that it takes on a whole identity when the sunshines, something you don't appreciate until you see out of the shop lighting.