closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega SMP Ceramic - Broken bezel

Master

Omega SMP Ceramic - Broken bezel

My 3 year old SMP-C has proven to be a very reliable companion. It has been with me through thick and thin (swimming, diving, jogging, biking etc..) and is the most accurate mechanical timekeeper I have ever seen. Consistently running at 0 to +1 seconds/day no matter what position or state of wind.

After lots of abuse I just found out that the uni directional bezel is turning both ways (with a little more force in the clockwise direction). It is still clicking correctly every half minute increments. It is not a huge issue for me since this was a graduation present from my lovely family and it is not going anywhere. However, since I use it for actual dive timing better be safe than sorry (though unlikely).

Simple fact is that we only have one AD here in Malta (EU). They are nice people but I honestly dont trust them working on my watches. Could I send the watch directly to Bienne? If so do you have any contact e-mail please?

Also since it is almost 3 years old and I dive in it, is it worth asking Omega to replace all the seals or should I wait a couple more years and replace seals and service movement in one go?

Many thanks in advance!

Master
    Yes you can send your watch directly to Bienne. I would definitely have the seals checked at the same as the bezel fix, but it doesn't need servicing yet. Omega can do a pressure test while they have it :)

Is it still under warranty? You may get the bezel fix for free...

I believe you need to use the Contact Us facility on the Omega website to discuss directly having Bienne work on your watch, or you can send it to them via your AD.

Craftsman
    Hi buddy13,

Sorry to hear of the problems with the bezel on your Omega. Hope you get it fixed ok.

The SubC ND I bought from you last year is still my pride and joy. Timekeeping is usually 0 to +1 seconds per day.

Thanks for a great deal and a superb watch.

Kind regards

Trevor

Craftsman
    Worth a shot, if you dive with it, it could be that there is salt under the spring which prevents it from really locking the bezel.

Try warm water with a bit of dishwashing detergent, let it sit there over night, chances are that the problem is solved. And if your AD (Valetta?) can do a wr-test you don't have to send it.

BTW, I did a few dives around Malta 10 years ago (Strand Diving Services still around?), pretty good divesites there!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mwurliinkomeg View Post
    Hi buddy13,

Sorry to hear of the problems with the bezel on your Omega. Hope you get it fixed ok.

The SubC ND I bought from you last year is still my pride and joy. Timekeeping is usually 0 to +1 seconds per day.

Thanks for a great deal and a superb watch.

Kind regards

Trevor
    Hi Trev! Nice to hear the 114060 is doing well and in good hands. One of the better rolex models you can buy...it and the SD 4000 are sure winners ;)...may u enjoy it for many more years in peak health!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Henk Hoving View Post
    Worth a shot, if you dive with it, it could be that there is salt under the spring which prevents it from really locking the bezel.

Try warm water with a bit of dishwashing detergent, let it sit there over night, chances are that the problem is solved. And if your AD (Valetta?) can do a wr-test you don't have to send it.

BTW, I did a few dives around Malta 10 years ago (Strand Diving Services still around?), pretty good divesites there!
    I dont think so...I take showers, baths, pools and saunas etc in it also so I would guess any salt would have gone...WR testing can be done here. Yes, Valletta and St.Julians AD (Diamonds International)....

Yes Malta has some really nice dive sites, many of which you can access practically year round. The sea is one of the very few things we have better than many EU countries over here...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy13 View Post
    I dont think so...I take showers, baths, pools and saunas etc in it also so I would guess any salt would have gone...
    I understand, but that is really not the same as let is sit overnight, try it!