closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Virgin strapper……cost effective options sought.

Master

Virgin strapper……cost effective options sought.

First time venturing into this section, since as many of you may've figured from previous comments, I'm a bracelet guy – but potentially willing to try something new!

For my latest acquisition – Oh HEQy thump! – I've learnt that the required number of links needed to fit my 21-22cm (8¼") wrist, is more than the price of a full bracelet, circa £85 (not exactly exorbitant for Titanium).
    And that's Japan's price, so cheaper than if the UK had it, which they don't for obvious reasons.
    But since this has dampened one's ardour, what would you recommend to suit the watch, for sensible money?*

I suspect I'd be more inclined to go with leather mainly, maybe rubber, but NATO/fabric/bunds are out – really don't like those looks at all.
    Deployant too, rather than simple buckle.
    Bracelet is 22mm tapering to an 18mm clasp, iirc.

Thanks guys.

* No point spending £60 or more, as I may as well just buy the bracelet at that point.
    Last edited by PJ S; 25th July 2014 at 13:08.

Have a look around watchworx, they have some great looking, sensible priced leather straps. I've bought from there before and was happy with the straps I got.

I suspect your Seiko will look good on a black strap with contrast stitching, and there's a few to choose from. They also sell deployants you can swap the buckle for.

If you wanted to investigate rubber I'd recommend actual rubber over silicon, as I find it softer and more comfortable. My favourite is Bonetto Cinturini, and I buy from a place in Poland (here I think, curiously by workplace filter won't let me access it to check!). They have a good selection, the postage is a factor, but if you order a couple of straps it works out good value. Some of the rubber straps come on deployants too.

Banned
    I think the watch would suit a small hole rally style strap, like the one in the link below.

http://www.watch-band-center.com/wat...22mm-blac.html

Good company to deal with too.

The red stitch in the Di-Modell would set off the dial text superbly IMHO and although it looks and feels leather, it's waterproof, so when your dragging those large arms around, the puddle splashes won't affect it

Downside is it's a buckle and steel, but still wanted to mention it.

PS: Don't spend too much. You know you'll flip the watch to me!

Meyhofer Stratford, various colours available (I think the blue or the green would look good on the Seiko), from Watchbandcenter. It may be a little short for an eight inch plus wrist, though.
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    Cheers Sean, I've seen that one in the distant past.
    Possibly some interesting ones, but now I think about it a bit more, I'm wondering if a mid-grey can be had or because of the likes of JLC and GO, will that colour be associated with them and priced accordingly?

Master
    Thanks Steve and jwg – another one I've seen previously and forgotten about.
    Looking through it now, pretty much showing only with buckles, but maybe some potential candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    now I think about it a bit more, I'm wondering if a mid-grey can be had
    Hirsch is always worth looking at: here and here are a couple of examples that I think would work.

Thats a very misleading thread name... didnt enjoy its content as expected prior to opening..

Craftsman
    I'm normally a black or dark blue strap person (except for NATOs), but one look at that watch and I thought WHITE!

Hirsch simplicity at a decent price:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hirsch-Kan...item2c7017c5d0

Cheaper, but still looks nice and sporty:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Le...item4614c8d874

And, if you're in the mood for something different:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEATHER-RA...item4617762d34

Personally I'd go for the last one. It's different, but I think it would suit that dial, and at only a tenner I could live with the risk of getting it, hating it and chucking it straight back on the bay.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Hirsch is always worth looking at: here and here are a couple of examples that I think would work.
    Aye, saw those on Watch Obsession's site earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by tmoris View Post
    Thats a very misleading thread name... didnt enjoy its content as expected prior to opening..
    Sorry, but I don't know if the draft version would've been any better……."Strapping virgin….cheapskate options?"

Quote Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
    I'm normally a black or dark blue strap person (except for NATOs), but one look at that watch and I thought WHITE!

Personally I'd go for the last one. It's different, but I think it would suit that dial, and at only a tenner I could live with the risk of getting it, hating it and chucking it straight back on the bay.
    Ooh, it's a bit too Essex for me.
    If I bought that, I'd be half expecting to stick on me matching white stilettos, mini-skirt, and do me 'air all bouffanty like.

<deep manly cough> Thanks Robin, but they're just not me.

Master
    Thanks guys for all your input, and whilst I've found a few that I like the look of, at various prices, I think it's too much of a gamble on something I'm not au fait with.
    Strap thickness, length, style, etc – just far too many variables to mess about with and not knowing if the colours portrayed are accurate.
    So after all the time spent looking at straps here, there, and everywhere, I'm just going to stick with what I know – bracelets.

At least that way, another member who needs a spare link or two for his watch can benefit – two birds, one stone.

Maybe once I have the watch, I'll venture into this sandpit for a bit of a play – who knows?

It's dangerous, but fun, territory to enter. Do so at your peril! :)