closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: watch for the wife

watch for the wife

Looking for a watch for the wife. Whilst in our local Rolex ad she tried on a 35mm yachtmaster and loved it, unfortunately I'm not fishing in that sea yet!

So I'm after something that size and style but in the £700 range, new or pre-owned

Any ideas guys?

..seems like a fair swap :)

sorry.

it's almost my de facto suggestion these days, but check out Longines. Ladies love the brand, high quality watches from a proper manufacturer and a good choice of styles in budget for you. Have a look on Iconicwatches to see what your target price should be :)

Mid sized Omega S.M.P.?

Quote Originally Posted by kungfugerbil View Post
    ..seems like a fair swap :)

sorry.

it's almost my de facto suggestion these days, but check out Longines. Ladies love the brand, high quality watches from a proper manufacturer and a good choice of styles in budget for you. Have a look on Iconicwatches to see what your target price should be :)
    ha, not sure she would sign up.

had a look and they seem to offer 29mm or 39mm, otherwise the hydro looks spot on, shame about the size

Quote Originally Posted by valleywatch View Post
    Mid sized Omega S.M.P.?
    that was my original idea, just not convinced i can get one for the cash.

I'm looking for a watch for my OH too, with a similar budget. Mid-size Junghans Max Bill is looking promising. (However, I'd like a full size one for myself, and the 'his and hers' thing is out of the question.)

Craftsman
    Vintage omega seamaster!!!

Tudor Prince on oyster. Should be do-able on budget and a genuine classic. One of my kids wears one and it looks great. Easy and inexpensive to service too - just a 2824 inside a Rolex case.

Banned
    I should say the best options would be pre-owned Ebel or Tag amongst others. There are lots of lovely pieces on Chrono 24 within budget - have a look for ideas

http://www.chrono24.com/en/search/in...S_MATERIAL_ID=

Journeyman
    Gc has a few nice offerings in that size range and are quite affordable. They also have a slightly sporty/dressy look which is nice.

I am pretty sure Ball has some nice offerings in that size/price range. I think they look lovely yet bold on a ladies' wrist. The midsize Engineer Hydrocarbon is really nice and I have seen it occasionally deeply discounted to close to your range for a brand new piece.

Quote Originally Posted by simoscribbler View Post
    Tudor Prince on oyster. Should be do-able on budget and a genuine classic. One of my kids wears one and it looks great. Easy and inexpensive to service too - just a 2824 inside a Rolex case.
    Just come across the Tudor mini sub, this has just become the favourite. Just need to find one!

There's a Rolex on SC for £700 or so. I bought my wife something similar and she loves it.
    "A man of little significance"