closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Is a Dreadnought Voyager eye candy?

Master

Is a Dreadnought Voyager eye candy?

I went to Games Workshop in Nottingham today, as they were having trouble with one of their 3D printers. My colleague has a nicotine addiction, so we went outside to feed his addiction, and we started chatting to one of the employees. He didn't say anything but he couldn't take his eyes off my Dreadnought! He was wearing a large "fashion" watch, so not a WIS.

I think he liked it!!!!
    Last edited by derek_faker; 22nd July 2014 at 22:24.

Well Eddie has chosen it for the clock here on the forum so it must be a thing of beauty

Master
    Does nothing for me, but I think its down to the size more than the design. It doesn't work with girls wrists.

Master
    I love mine but it's not had any attention like that as far as I am aware.

Master
    I have a few Omega's and the only non Omega is my Voyager, and it gets the most comments when I wear it, particularly women seem to mention it.

He could well be into his watches. I have a couple of Nixon watches from when I was a teenager that helped push me into watch appreciation (I still love the designs). It wasn't until years later that I could drum up the funds for my first big watch purchase.

A 'large fashion watch' suggests either a gift or he's more interested in watches than you average "Games Workshop demographic".

It's easy to rubbish people with fashion watches, but most people will just plump for the default Casio or whatever they're given as a gift, so choosing something on its style (whatever you - or I - might think of that style) suggests (to me) more than the average interest in watches.

"Horologically interesting" (usually a euphemism for mechanical here...) they may not be, but fashion watches do demand a decision to buy something on its design, which is at least 50% of most WIS buying decision.

I'm not a WIS, I fear, but I buy ALL my watches on looks first. Why would I want to wear something I didn't like the look of? To make some people on a forum nod in approval?

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Does nothing for me, but I think its down to the size more than the design. It doesn't work with girls wrists.
    Oh, I don’t know...

;-)

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Rather difficult to judge the relativity of the wrist/watch interface without seeing the rest of the body the wrist is attached to.

Yours, in anticipation, magirus, Durham.

F.T.F.A.

Hey Ralphy... isn't that watch on upside down? We are definitely going to need a wider angle shot to either confirm or deny my suspicions
    Last edited by canuck; 24th July 2014 at 13:47.

Easy boys...this is in the gov'ners forum

Master
    For those who are interested, this is Games Worksop HQ. There's a pub and a museum there.

Nice looking building but I'm not sure what this has to do with the Dreadnought Voyager being eye candy?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Oh, I don’t know...

;-)

R
    Watch?

What watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackwibble View Post
    Nice looking building but I'm not sure what this has to do with the Dreadnought Voyager being eye candy?
    Using my uneducated eye, I would say nothing.

I think the GW building pictures are a valid reference to the opening post….

Master
    My son worked in that building in a senior role for 8 years - he now owns no Dreadnoughts but has two Nomos watches (Tangomat and Zurich). I'm sure that isn't valid either, other than to debunk the theory that Games Workshop "types" have no interest in wrist watches.

At the risk of revealing deep secrets of my miss-spent youth I'd say he'd have been even more impressed if you'd told him your watches name. GW have their very own Dreadnought thing going on. Space Marine Dreadnought Armour...

David

Grand Master
    Doesn't seem to be the watch most were salivating over and awaiting its release anymore looking at the falling prices!.

Eye candy maybe,but it's taste is bitter sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Doesn't seem to be the watch most were salivating over and awaiting its release anymore looking at the falling prices!.

Eye candy maybe,but it's taste is bitter sweet.
    True. I can see the appeal of having a tank strapped to your wrist though.

Some dove in expecting a massive hike like the original realised. However, lots of folk bought it for what it is, a high spec for a good price, and most of those are keeping them. What you see for sale is a small percentage of the original run.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Some dove in expecting a massive hike like the original realised. However, lots of folk bought it for what it is, a high spec for a good price, and most of those are keeping them. What you see for sale is a small percentage of the original run.
    A bloody good price, IMO.

I’d be interested to see another GMT watch with the same build quality that offers better VFM.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Especially second hand.

There have been some astounding prices.

Journeyman
    nice pics interesting back ground shots lol
    you do keep your nails well .....lol