closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko 6105 strap options - show me your straps

Seiko 6105 strap options - show me your straps

Ok so I hopefully have a fully original 6105 8110 on its way to me in due course, unfortunately the original strap had perished and it comes as the head only so I am looking at alternative strap options.

Being the rather unconventional 19mm lug width it is some what limiting my options.

I know that WJean does an aftermarket waffle and although original looking I'm just not sure they are for me (unless you can convince me otherwise with some pics), the only other options I can think of are a 20mm NATO (which I am leaning towards at the moment) or one of WJeans Super Oysters but would I need to modify the end links ??

Not really wanting to throw loads of money at the strap options in case I dont get on with them once they are together.

So lets see your 6105s on different straps and see if I cant find something suitable.

R

I love to wear mine on a leather strap. But like you said, it did need to be specifically made for the lugs.

WJean does 6105-8110 end links for the super oyster, my two bracelets came from him.

Mine are on 20mm NATO , the super oysters look good too though..
    Cheers..
    Jase

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys.

Got to admit although no doubt the more pricey option, it does look really good on the WJean Super Oyster.

With regards to NATOs would 18mm or 20mm be the preferred option ?

Any thoughts on a vintage / distressed leather NATO ?

A leather NATO would probably need to be 19mm, but the nylon 20mm ones fit nicely.

I've been thinking about getting a canvas NATO myself. Something like these might look good too:
    http://stores.ebay.nl/GoodCheapMan-W...=p4634.c0.m322

Blog Entries
    Di modell rallye

Master
    Looks amazing on 20mm mesh:

Eddies 20mm NATOs work really well as they are nice, soft pliable.

For me it has to be either rubber (tropic or waffle), a NATO or, if you absolutely insist, an oyster bracelet.

19mm tropic

18mm NATO

In my view, it has to be 18 mm if you are going for a NATO. The gapping is negligible, particularly if you go for a slightly beefier NATO such as one of Eddie's and it suits the watch. The 20mm bunch in my experience, and frankly look a bit daft.

Bracelet with solid end links

and finally, a Marine Master waffle. Supremely uncomfortable in my experience, but looks quite good

Martin

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

I think I am going to go with a good ole NATO, I have a number of 20mm versions that I will try before purchasing any 18mm one.

Would have liked to try an oyster bracelet but wjean doesnt currently have any for the 6105 currently.

Hoping I havent purchase a lemon so will post some pics when it arrives, will definately be off for a service and check almost as soon as it lands think will need a new crystal unless there is a way to salvage the original ??

R