closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Massive review on the Tudor BB. Everything you need to know.

Review on the Tudor BB.

The Tudor Black Bay Red. 7922R

What a beautiful looking watch. From the moment you see the watch closely, you can tell that Tudor got this spot on.

Case:
    Dual finish, brushed and polished 316 grade stainless steel case. 41mm in size and a lovely just over 10mm in depth, the case is well suited to most wrists and curves beautifully for style and comfort. The chamfered edges although striking, are quite prominent, and I'm quite worried when it comes to dings, just how much metal could be taken away before it would mean a new case. The caseback is a simple affair, but works well and sits nice and flat with heavy Tudor lettering. Rated to 20bar/200m depth.

Bracelet:
    Dual finish, brushed and polished 316 grade stainless steel bracelet.
    22mm at the case, with a triple link Oyster style bracelet with solid links and screw adjustment. No divers extension.
    (Leather option with folding clasp. Tudor webbed Nato styled strap included foc, whether purchased on Bracelet or leather)

Clasp:
    Dual finish, brushed and polished 316 grade stainless steel clasp.
    Shaped very much in the style of a Tudor Crown, with standard folding section secured not with tension but with silicon ball bearings. Triple hole micro adjustments. Tudor logos on inside and out. Being on ball bearings it doesn't need much force to open or shut, but is very secure.

Dial and hands:
    The most gorgeous parts of the watch. A beautiful dark chocolate brown, reminiscent of the chocolate faded black vintage Rolex sports dials. With gilt lettering and minute track. Rose Gold hour plots filled with super Luminova. Snowflake hands, again finished in Rose Gold. The dial and hands IMPO are a cut above what is found in the Black Bay Midnight Blue.

Glass, Bezel and Crown:
    A mesmerising domed sapphire crystal glass, again with a nod given to the plexi glass sports Rolex/Tudors of the 50's, 60's and 70's.
    Matte Burgundy 60 minute click, aluminium insert bezel. Moves nicely, and without a doubt the most obvious giveaway as to what the watch is. Creates a different hue as with most colours in different lights. Screw down big crown presented with a Black Tudor Rose logo and matching red coloured crown stem.

Movement:
    An ETA 2824 based movement with Tudor finishing. Which remains true to previous Tudor Sports watches. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Mine is running well, and keeping time to within a couple of seconds a day. Well within chonometer spec, although the BB isn't chronometer rated/tested.

Overall:
    This watch isn't a recreation of any one particular Tudor Sports watch of years gone by. What Tudor have done, is take all of the best aspects of those watches to create a modern wearable, comfortable, beautiful looking watch, which screams vintage.
    They've nailed this perfectly.

Crazy that this watch is just over £2,300 when a 114060 is £5,000
    Last edited by MuRph77; 27th July 2015 at 18:17.

Craftsman
    Indeed a massive review... ;)

Craftsman
    The question is will the blue be making an addition to your collection? I don't know whether its the hype but people seem really in to the new colour.

I however think the red/rose gold colour on the bracelet is perfect, congrats!

I would have one in a blink, but I cant overlook the red band around the crown?????

Oh I suppose I'll have to make do with a Pelagos doh!

Journeyman
    It's so ugly to me!

Blog Entries

Master
    It's a really nice looking watch but not so sure about the hands.

Great watch, I can't decide which one I want to get. Probably the red..... Or the blue.

Edited. ;-)

Gosh ! the red is lovely ! ...

Thanks Murph.Great review.Thanks for taking the time and effort.

Apprentice
    Great pics, thanks for the review.
    Made me want this even more. I debated impulsively putting a deposit down on one last week after ogling it in a shop window. Yet to see a review or photograph that could change my mind. Goodbye wages!

Journeyman
    Great Review. It really does look and feel like a quality piece. Always noticing people taking a second glance at it....I have the blue which i love on the bracelet but currently have it on brown leather nato which works really well imo.

Craftsman
    Great review. Thanks. I would like to know the measurement from upside lugs to downside ones. I realized that this matters to small wrists