closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My Interest into Panerai Moves Forward....Panerai PAM 351

Master

My Interest into Panerai Moves Forward....Panerai PAM 351

Following on from my thread about not getting Panerai:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ntil-Yesterday

I still have the itch for a 351, which was further irritated by reading this brilliant website/blog about the history of Panerai:

http://paneraiworld.blogspot.co.uk/2...f-panerai.html

I had absolutely no idea on the rich history, but after reading through the whole blog I'm really hooked. So I'm now on the hunt for a 351. The only problem is that I don't really have the money to own both a 351 and my JLC Master Compressor Diving GMT (bought from Mushk1n earlier in the year) I really love this watch. It's everything I want in a watch and the only other watch I've wanted more than this is the 351 after trying it on for a few minutes (excuse the scratch on my arm!):

So my plan is source and buy a 351, and if I love it more than my JLC then I'll move the JLC on to fund the 351. The only thing that concerns me is that I have no experience or knowledge on the desirability/ease of sale there is for a Panerai or 351 should I not end up wanting to keep it. Any advice on this aspect would be appreciated!

The 351 is a nice piece with some nice 'vintage' touches i.e. tobacco dial and gold hands, the 50's case . I think it has Panerai in-house 3day auto movement too.
    I think the resale issues, if there are any, will be exactly the same as you would find on your JLC; in the fact that the watches you have chosen are favoured as a brand but the particular pieces not seen as stone cold classics.

Did you get your scratch whilst doing Navy Seals training?

Master
    The 351 is probably the watch I regret selling most over the past few years (and quite a few have come and gone!). I tried to buy it back from the member who I sold it to a year after selling it, but after mentioning it on his local forum, got his hand snapped off with a tidy premium thrown in to boot. If you can source a black OEM JV strap for it, you will have the complete Panerai in my eyes. You won't regret trying one and if you do, give me first dibs on it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Lovely watch and not top heavy like its steel counterparts. I liked mine on a gold JV If bought well (new) its a better money retainer than many JLCs, imo.

Blog Entries
    Them hands are fantastic.

I yearned a PAM for years and this year purchased my 312. The watch is everything I expected it to be and more. For me its sits perfect on my wrist, does not feel too big and not at all high.

If you have a mere hint of love for a Panerai, do it, you will not be disappointed.

Paul

Craftsman
    I had one of those JLC for a while and I doubt that particular panerai can replace it.

Craftsman
    These photos of pams here and on SC has me itching for one as well. Love the gold hands and sandwich dial combo.

Master
    Well, after almost completing a deal with an overseas seller on Chrono24, I did my usual walk by Watches of Switzerland in Reading and what did they have in a window....only a 351!! I felt like fate was calling me so after about 15 minutes I'd put a deposit on it. Hopefully I'll be picking it up next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    If you have a mere hint of love for a Panerai, do it, you will not be disappointed.

Paul
    This seems to be the way I am leaning lately. Seem to be constantly googling the PAM 233 and with an impending holiday to tax free havens it will be hard to resist.

Journeyman
    351 is a bomb. I like very much gold hands. And for me that is the most beutiful 1950 panerai of 45 mm. And i like the most of all last models of panerai radiomir 425 and luminor 422. Good pick mate. Go for it. You will not regrate it. Panerai and Rolex for me is the number one pick always.

Grand Master
    351 is one of my favourite 45mm. The hands and Ti make it so
    RIAC

Master
    If I can get away from work early enough I'll be collecting it tonight. I'm already anticipating that the JLC will go.

Master
    Blog Entries
    We all know and appreciate the anticipation, i hope its a good one later

As WoS aren't known for discounts, have you tried blagging them for some freebies or an additional strap perhaps? The 351 looks better off of the supplied alligator imo and Panerai's Brown Buffalo, Cashmere, Assolutemente straps all look really nice with the brown dial /gold hands.

Master
    You'll be surprised to hear that they were quite accomodating when I asked them for a discount; but this might be because it was preowned (with a 2 year WoS warranty). It's on a dark brown aligator strap, which seems to suit it. I'll post up a picture later. One of the things that appeals to me the most are the amount of straps available for Panerai.

Grand Master
    Wise choice my man, wise choice

RIAC

Apprentice
    I love the PAM351. I bought the 312 and if I had to do it all over again i think i would have changed to the 351.

Master
    I sold my 351 at the beginning of this year! The 1950's case along with the TI and the hands made it a winner for me, as I was initially looking at the 312. You won't regret the purchase!

I have 359 and 351 is the nicest looking out of the 359/312/351 trio, the titanium case and golden hands is clear winner to me.

Master
    I still have my 351. Slightly worse for wear as it's my daily and I'm planning to get it polished/refinished once I get round to taking some close up photos of it.

I love it, nothing I've seen so far as come close to making me want to change.

Edit - I never did sell the JLC, still tucked up safely at home and worn on the odd occasion.
    Last edited by MrBanks; 7th December 2015 at 13:14.

Master
    Post up some pics now it has a bit of wabi

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    This seems to be the way I am leaning lately. Seem to be constantly googling the PAM 233 and with an impending holiday to tax free havens it will be hard to resist.
    Love my 233. The 351 is however a super looking watch too, just a tad thick.