closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grand Seiko SBGR061

I'm really starting to think I should try a GS and this would be perfect, very classy. Going to keep an eye out for one I think!

I have the GMT version, sorry, can't remember the model name?
    Bought it from Higuci Japan.
    The finish is superb, and although I hate to say it, it put's my SeaMaster to shame.
    I love the fact that it's a Seiko, and that very few can recognise it for what it is.
    10/10...highly recommended!

Master
    I have a black face Quartz GS. Bought it from a friend, simply because the price was right and it seemed the sort of thing you would like to own. Initially I found it a bit 'bland' and too self-effacing. Boring really. But slowly I realised I was wearing it more than my Rolex or IWC watches. It grows on you, steadily but surely. The combination of simplicity and first-rate quality ingratiates itself.
    I am a 'mechanical watch' guy, but this Quartz GS has all the quality and engineering skills needed to endear itself. In truth, it is all the watch I could ever need. And everyone thinks you are wearing a cheap watch! I really like that, a sort of private joke.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Adversary View Post
    Ignore those ''it's just a Seiko'' stories.
    A truly magnificent timepiece, congrats!
    What he said.

I love my Seikos, got 8 so far including an SARB 033 and 035 and I'd love a GS but, can't justify the price.

The SARBs are lovely, well made and well finished and look very classy.

Need to sell a kidney to pay for one though

Graham

What is the lug width of the SBGR061?

This is my favourite GS model by far. Love the blued seconds hand and cream dial. Pure class! If I could afford to atm it would be my choice over even a nice Calatrava

My favourite already after 10 minutes of ownership!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    I've the quartz version and love the size and feel but the lack of micro adjustment is proving a niggle with my slim wrist and desire to have an exacting feel of fit. A GS leather strap might be the answer but I bought it to wear on the bracelet which in itself is fabulous....
    It took me a moment to realise that the half links are not exactly half, more like 2/3, and that with the right combination you can achieve 1/3 link adjustments for a perfect fit, e.g. remove 1 link and add two 'half' links for a 1/3 link increase etc - and that which side of the clasp you put them on will also affect the size and comfort. Keep trying, there will be many possible combinations!

Journeyman
    Absolutely beautiful. Lovely pictures too, thanks for sharing

Journeyman
    The hour+minute hands are unreal, would love to see a gif turning the watch around in the sun
    Very nice value for money, how big is the loss when reselling these? 30-40% ?

Journeyman
    This is a devilish creamy beauty –*classy indeed.